Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why do we worry?

Re: Why do we worry?

Thank you for your well-informing post paneertikka but this is what I have been bothered by, explainations of how....I have been taught to believe that we do not the why...but yet, I am here again to find it...my question is not really how we get rid of it, but why do we worry? Worrying is just an emotion....like conditional love, fear, etc. But the thing is...that has nothing to do w/ who I am...why should my failure or success affect me? Perhaps, b/c of attachments, but then, how are attachments formed?

I believe saying that duality is the ONLY reason for worrying would be a wrong statement. B/c imagine yourself being christian, now, you are in heaven, everyone is good, everything is perfect, there is no space for worrying, yet duality exists all around you. Therefore, may be we are missing the core reason here.

Although I do agree that worry comes when we travel in time, instead of being out of it...then the question is, since unawareness is the reason for our attachment to time, what is the cause of unawareness? If we were aware, we can't be unaware, and if we are unaware, how can we completely by aware? Yet, duality exists. According to the one of the postulates of eastern philosophy, if something exists, it can only transform, but cannot turn into nothing. And vise versa from the all the angles.

Post Re: Why do we worry?

All suffering is due to dvaitam. But this does NOT mean that all dvaitavAda causes suffering! I have repeatedly stated the vital importance of yama, and especially ahiMsA, and the dualistic vision of heaven is just like life on earth, except that EVERY soul admitted to heaven is bound by perfect ahiMsA.

One thing is certain, and that is that ALL attachments and distinctions are mAyA! And mAyA is ultimately avidyA (ignorance and unawareness).

mAyAvAda answers ALL questions, and ajAtivAda is the ultimate truth.

But what is mayavada and ajativada?

mAyAvAda is the satyam of shrI shaÑkarAcArya, the guru of all dashanAmi saMnyAsinas, and ajAtivAda is the uttama satyam of his preceptor, shrI gauDapAda.

Imagine yourself being christian, now, you are in heaven, everyone is good, everything is perfect, there is no space for worrying, yet duality exists all around you. Therefore, may be we are missing the core reason here.

What is the cause of unawareness? … Yet, duality exists.
    The perfect advaitam of ajAtivAda denies the true existence of duality.

And it should be remembered that happy eternity in the divided heaven of christian imagination depends on the opposite existence of mRtyloka (or hell), where those souls rejected from heaven suffer eternal damnation and endless deaths.

In dvaitam, every positive must also have negative implications, and the light only exists in relation to the dark. While in advaitam, there is only pure illumination.

So what books would you recommend for me to get more knowledge about those philosophical system?

Thread Information