1 12.50%
  • Critisizing another system/faith may have nothing to do with arrogance

2 25.00%
  • Preaching one's faith is most arrogant

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which one is a greater demonstration of Arrogance

Which one is a greater demonstration of Arrogance

Please think and vote. Please think on a personal level. This is apersonal guidance question.

This is not a very scientific pole as I see~ 3rd option is besides the point. But it will help me. I may use it to counter votes in 2.

Also open to discussions.
    Last edited by Singhi Kaya; 08 May 2006 at 02:01 PM.

What's the context of your poll?

If you have anything to say about me specifically feel free to post it or post a poll about it.
    satay

No it about getting things clear to myself by getting to know what other's think.

Ofcourse the thought came to my mind under the current vasinavism debate context~but it has nothing whatsoever, to do with anyone else other than meself.

Perhaves actions can only be viewed in a context, will be glad if anyone want's to discuss~but I think most of the choices above can be uniquely ordered irrespective of the context.
    Last edited by Singhi Kaya; 08 May 2006 at 02:28 PM.

okay. thanks for clarifying. I voted for 'preaching one's faith is most arrogant' but I meant it in the context that when no one asked for it to be preached.

e.g. I am happy to discuss hinduism as I understand it to a friend, a coworker or anyone else walking down the street that wants to talk about hinduism. But I think stopping someone on the street and telling them (without being invited to talk about) to convert to my sect or my religion is not only annoying but arrogant in my opinion.
    satay

No choice for all of the above?

ZN

Namaste,

It might be wise to make sure that everyone has the same idea of "Arrogance" before answering such a question.

From Latin, Arrogare means to claim for oneself (from Ad Rogare ~ to ask for).

To Adrogate or Arrogate is to claim for oneself without justification; or to attribute to someone or something without just reason.

To be Arrogant is to unduly appropriate authority, or to be aggressively conceited or presumptuous.

"The arrogant man looks down on others, and with lowered eyelids he condescends to see them." [Darwin]

Arrogance is aggressive conceit or unwarranted presumption.

Thumbs Down

Arrogance means ego to me.

After a good night sleep, this poll makes no sense to me now. Ego or arrogance is far too a slippery fish to be netted by a few external actions. I feel like kicking my own ****.

Nothing here, move on....

yes preaching is arrogant...
    Last edited by Singhi Kaya; 09 May 2006 at 03:47 AM.

Critisizing another system/faith may have nothing to do with arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by elijah115
    Critisizing another system/faith may have nothing to do with arrogance.
    How is this so?
    Life is Yoga.

Preaching = Missionary = Converts.

If one wants a change of belief, it will take place one way or another, but Missionary would have nothing to do with it.

I myself had to open my door from time to time to missionary preaching about the Bible. I told them, that if I was to listen to them, they have to listen to me too. Well that didn't last long.

My point is if any preaching was to take place, the other, the one who should convert has just as much rights to preach back!

Bottom line, the missionaries is not light from God. Missionaries are a shadow of control.
    Life is Yoga.

Thread Information