Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to follow Tantra Yoga

Re: How to follow Tantra Yoga: Left & Right

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Namaste singhi,

thank you for your post. Can you give some examples of rahasya puja , what you have seen, the methods, etc.

pranams
    Namaste Yajvan,

I don't have the adhikara (and inclination) to witness or participate in such activities, but I have met and read works of those who practice/practiced rahasya puja and my conclusion was that pancha makara proyaga is not at all symbolic for many lineages and there is no reason to be as such.

One (perhaves) good source to "read" rahasya puja paddhati is "Tantrokta Rahasya Puja Paddhati" published from kamakhya peeth assam (but in written in bengali).
    Last edited by sm78; 08 August 2008 at 01:53 AM.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Re: How to follow Tantra Yoga: Left & Right

Just a addition- The Kashmiri Shaivas at least were not so rigid about "Diksha" particularly in the sense of the Parashurama Kalpasutras.

The Kalpasutras go into the ritualistic nature of the process of Diksha and most adherents of Tantricism believe that this is a mere part of the process. Diksha as discussed before implies the provision of knowledge [spiritual, practical, philsophical- however you want to define it] which replaces ignorance. So it is subjective, speculative and at times sporadic when discussing a particular lineage; and comparing it to several others.

Within the Pratyabhijna school, there is an observation known as Pratyabhajana- which is recognition of Shiva without any official Diksha. This was observed multiple times according to some modern commentators, within the history of teachers and accomplished/famous practitioners of this school.

This does not take away from the importance of a Guru and tradition. There are exceptional people in all walks of life, we can apply this to spirituality [quite logically as well] too. However, to consider one's self as exceptional without empirical proof may warrant delusion on the individual's part. I know too well, excellant scholars who have, what I consider as having strayed from the path even with Diksha. So the system is not perfect either way.

No one here can demonstrate any truth in any darshana or paramparic knowledge, since, if it was so clearly self evident then there would be no need for people to participate in forums. There is absolutely no authority or strict rule which governs Tantricism, just when it is put into the framework of a parampara that one encounters "rules" and protocol. I am not against it, but I am not for it either, unless it proves itself to be useful in some way.

Thread Information