Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ajna- The third eye Chakra(how to stop judging)

Ajna- The third eye Chakra(how to stop judging)

How do I open it? Since it requires being completely egoless(desire/motiveless), only then you can look into other people's mind.(when you have lost your own perspective), it provides psychic abilites. It also makes you timeless.(not able to travel in time yet)...but being able to tell the past and future....and the ability to feel as if you are out of time.

*I hate kundalini method...I want something that I can tell happening....

So I guess the real question is, how do I become unjudgmental?

If you have any other methods, please offer.

Thank you.

Re: Ajna- The third eye Chakra(how to stop judging)

Quote Originally Posted by skhandelwal

So I guess the real question is, how do I become unjudgmental?
    Simply stop making partial judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by skhandelwal View Post
    How do I open it? Since it requires being completely egoless(desire/motiveless), only then you can look into other people's mind.(when you have lost your own perspective), it provides psychic abilites. It also makes you timeless.(not able to travel in time yet)...but being able to tell the past and future....and the ability to feel as if you are out of time.
    You have provided answers to your own questions. If you want to read other people's mind, have psychic abilities, be able to travel in time - you must first loose the desire to possess these abilities. When you run away from these desires, these siddhis will run after you. If you run towards these siddhis, they will flee at double the speed.

So what you guys are saying is that desire and judgment are the same thing. Once I become desireless.....I will become judgmentless. And the way I can become desireless by enjoying instead of planning to enjoy....ending procastination. Soon...I will start enjoying only the presence of my awareness....is that what you meant?

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Rajalakshmi View Post
    You have provided answers to your own questions. If you want to read other people's mind, have psychic abilities, be able to travel in time - you must first loose the desire to possess these abilities. When you run away from these desires, these siddhis will run after you. If you run towards these siddhis, they will flee at double the speed.
    Namaste,
    I have a different view on this matter. If someone wishes to earn siddhi abilities, there is a method offered, that of Samyama.

Samyama¹ - it is a technique or condition one can practice that is made of the following components, that is, when all three of these components are present (some say exercised) then one is practicing samyama -the three components are dharana, dhyana, and samadhi.

Dharana is this fixity or attenton , consciousness of a single object, idea, etc. and the other senses are withdrawn i.e. do not apprehend the object/idea at hand. some say one-pointed.
    Dhyana is that continuous flow of the same knowledge/idea in Dharana - some call this meditation. Continuoous flow of the onepointedness found in Dharana.
    Samadhi is when the object of meditation (dhyana) only shines forth in the mind, as if devoid of the thought and is considered concentrated mind ( not concentration or the act of, but again, resolved to simple one pointedness). When these three are in sync, and pointed to the same object of reference, then one is practicing samyama.

why do this? Patanjali muni says by mastering this, than the light of knowledge (prajana) dawns for the sadhu or native. It is by this samyama that one pratices the siddhi's called out in Patanjali work of yoga sutras.

More on this if there is interest, as we hve discussed this last year:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...45&postcount=5

pranams,

1. संयम or saMyama (some write saṅyama) holding together , restraint , control , (esp.) control of the senses , self-control; Yet these terms suggest effort,; Excess effort does not support this notion of over-extending or trying, as it suppresses that natural flow of consciousness.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

some paraphrases:

Be careful what you ask for you may get it!

Opening doors we can not close is risky because of what may come through certain doors... and in some cases only a True Guru working with divine power can help you to recover your mind and soul.

Jai Guru

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    Be careful what you ask for you may get it!
    Opening doors we can not close is risky because of what may come through certain doors... and in some cases only a True Guru working with divine power can help you to recover your mind and soul.

Jai Guru
    Hello BG,
    Here is the 'magic' with the method of siddhi via samyama. For this to happen, more pure consciousness must be infused into the sadhu. With this pure consciousness, ones 'alignment' to Universal Principles happen. Ones personal dharma begins to unfold.

That is, along the way, the spiritual development of the native pccurs. He/she by this method lays the road to the SELF, to Moksha. The wisdom of Patanjali-muni is superb. He did not offer this method as a way for one to stub their toe, but to unfold their full potential.

This is the wisdom he offers... in this approach what you ask for is desirable - to be possessed of Dharmamega , as he calls it, Cloud-pouring virtue.

Now, Patanjali also recognizes other ways that siddhis may blossom i.e. by birth, happenstance, incantations ( drugs and the like), etc.
    I cannot suggest then how a person may use siddhis achieved by these other methods.

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 08 January 2008 at 08:45 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

the notion of one gaining power is ego driven.

For if we are true and humble the great Power will have us, not the other way around of us having It.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    the notion of one gaining power is ego driven.

For if we are true and humble the great Power will have us, not the other way around of us having It.
    Namaste BobG,

I have a different view on this matter. I eat to gain strength, to gain power so I can continue my sadhana. I read and study to gain power of knowledge, that gives more insight and a greater appreciation of the world I live in. I practice my sadhana to become powerful in heart and mind, and become steadfast in my course of action.

Yet that said, I appreciate what you have mentioned but do not see siddhis when practiced with the intent of Patanjali as an ego driven behavior, suggesting self-aggrandizement.

What one is doing (the sadhu that has handle on this method) is exercising consciousness. Developing the full potential of his/her Being, this is how my teacher has described it.

Now for those that may not practice these techniques, siddhi may equate to power, but siddhi or सिद्धि is accomplishment , performance, fulfilment, and attainment. It is rooted in sidh or सिध् to attain one's aim or object or success. But attainment of what? Of that level of Being that is Universal, of that Bhuma, fullness, Brahman.

IMHO it is one that has made friends with the ego that it serves the sadhu and not the other way around.

Thank you again for your post as you allowed more information on this matter to be discussed.

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 08 January 2008 at 09:21 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Hello Yajvan,

I was not responding to your posts or views per-se although my posts did happen to come in sequence to your posts. I was responding more to the first post by Skhandelwal along with some of the other threads that he has started concerning powers of the mind. For example when he said, and which btw is also more or less sometimes said by other people: "....b/c through Bhakti yoga for instance, a person only gets to divine love (heart chakra)....they don't know the truth or get psychic, telekinetic, etc. powers" (bold blue text and underlines added in refernece to what I'm trying to warn about)

One quick point of feedback regarding the points I think you have expressed in this thread...what you speak of can be a very fine line and without some direct spiritual guidance (beyond reading books) one may cross that line and go in the opposite direction.

Om
    Last edited by Bob G; 09 January 2008 at 12:09 AM.

Thread Information