Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Dream

Re: Dream

I havent had a lucid dream in like a super long time and now im really like weirded out to have one
    Hi everyone, nice to join I like Loving, dreaming of lovers and friends

2. Re: Dream

there is discussion, in the spiritual literature of dreams.

Generally, it is recommended to do a little meditation before sleep. They should not be power based meditation, as this can interfere with sleep. But gentle meditation is said to help the state of sleeping and is widely recommended by many teachers. Paramahansa Yogananda was one.

Science And Faith - Not A Conflict

Some Links

Summary - Some of the greatest scientists in the history of the world believed in God. The percentage of belief among the professional scientific community is just about the same as the rest of the population. It is pure myth that most scientists do not believe in God. One link for a professional study that proved that prayer works. Another link to the Vatican council on science
    which includes a huge list of Noble Prize winning scientists who believe in God.

Benjamin Franklin and Isaac Newton, two of the founders of all modern math and science, both believed in God.

Nikolai Tesla believed in God and was a fan of the Hindu saint Swami Vivekananda.

This article concludes that about 50% of scientists are religious, and, additionally, many more, while not religious, believe in God.

blogs.discovermagazine.com/intersection/...

from this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Science-vs-Re.../dp/0199975000

Quoting from the article: "In the course of her research, Ecklund surveyed nearly 1,700 scientists and interviewed 275 of them. She finds that most of what we believe about the faith lives of elite scientists is wrong. Nearly 50 percent of them are religious. Many others are what she calls “spiritual entrepreneurs,” seeking creative ways to work with the tensions between science and faith outside the constraints of traditional religion…..only a small minority are actively hostile to religion."

+++

And here's A professional scientific study proving that prayer works:

http://www.1stholistic.com/Prayer/hol_prayer_proof.htm

"There is ample proof that prayer works. Many scientific studies have been conducted that validate this observation.

A 1993 Israeli survey following 10,000 civil servants for 26 years found that Orthodox Jews were less likely to die of cardiovascular problems than "nonbelievers." And a 1995 study from Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H., monitoring 250 people after open-heart surgery concluded that those who had religious connections and social support were 12 times less likely to die than those who had none."

+++

the Pontifical Academy of Sciences has a long list of Noble Prize winning scientists who believe in God...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontifi...my_of_Sciences

+++

Such an interesting and timeless topic. The discussions have been very interesting. I think only some of us have the understanding to interpret and get more from our dreams. Namaste.

Namaste

lucid dreaming is a yoga, I used to do it naturally when I did stricter sadhana and long retreats in meditation and they definitely help with insight, without practice they can also spontaneously arise, with time one can hold these states and move deeper into transcendent realms and receive higher wisdom above the mundane. There are certain yogas especially in the Tibetan tradition but one can also do them by themselves and it’s not that difficult. There are two ways one is natural way via sadhana. The first thing to watch is ones diet, if one eats heavy at night then the dreams maybe disturbed or won’t make sense, one of the reasons for this is that the right amount of blood is not circulating to brain and vital energy is being used to digest food and the food is transforming into mind states so eating light and not going to sleep with a heavy stomach, helps a lot, the second important thing is before sleeping do some formal sadhana, like a puja, chanting a mantra or silent meditation for good lucid states to come when sleeping the mind should be settled and absorbed and concentrated and held within before going to sleep. Another thing that has worked for me is playing some music or bhajan or mantras, vishnusahasranam worked very well for me and just recently I have been listening to sahib when going to sleep and all through the night and I have been having lucid states while sleeping, as yajvan states lucid states come in between waking and sleeping, and there is a a certain type of awareness in this and connects to turiya , when I am in these states I can understand Sanskrit or what I listening to fluently and they sounds transform into consciousness and one then gets esoteric subtle knowledge without effort or formal practices, only experience can really describe this but they are very important and profound and it all happens without effort that’s the beauty of it, sense and mind is already collapsed while sleeping, and one can experience more boundless states free from the mundane

i have these and a few others on loop and they are amazing at the moment

https://youtu.be/mSDBP_Dl8eg

https://youtu.be/YH97pw0DBIQ

By regular practice one can stay longer in these divine supra cosmic statea and receive real wisdom and insights into sacred realms.

There also natural herbs that can be used the one I am looking for at the moment is called tian men dong it was used by Taoist sadhus and was called the flying herb because one could fly in dreams and in sense and mind waking states or so called normal waking state the mind would be in higher state above the normal condition. I tried it before and results were very good and that was only doing it for a month or so when I lived in Taiwan, I picked some up recently in Singapore but not enough,but where I am it’s hard to get and I don’t trust the powdery form but i may give it try and if I do I will post if it works, the herbs should only be used every now again not all the time.

there is an Ayurvedic equivalent call shatavari but it’s slightly different to the Chinese herb and I didn’t find it as effective as tian men dong when I had before but it’s a great health tonic and especially good for women but men can also use for general health. There are others that people may want to research by themselves

Thread Information