Namaste vajvanji,

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
Hari Om
~~~~~

I agree these knots must be broken... this wisdom is not my epiphany, but of the Chandogya Upanishad ( I offer this for the reader as I assume you are well acquainted with these slokas ).
Chapter 7 holds the conversation between Narada and rsi Sanatkumara's teaching. Sanatkumaraji offers bhuma vidya.

When this bhuma becomes firm and constant then the knots are broken ,sarva-granthīnām vipramokṣha. Yet the knot in the heart, this hdayagranthi, is broken by the the perception of the Supreme, tasmin dṣhṭe parātpare.

But who is there to help? Who is there to assist to break this final knot?
bhagvan sanatkumara the Upanishad says, also known as skanda.

This is the blessing found in this Upanishad.

pranams,
Yes, you have summarized beautifully.

tadeshha shloko na pashyo mR^ityuM pashyati na rogaM nota duHkhataa\m+
sarva\m+ ha pashyaH pashyati sarvamaapnoti sarvasha iti
sa ekadhaa bhavati tridhaa bhavati paJNchadhaa
saptadhaa navadhaa chaiva punashchaikaadashaH smR^itaH
shataM cha dasha chaikashcha sahasraaNi cha
vi\m+shatiraahaarashuddhau sattvashuddhau dhruvaa smR^itiH
smR^itilambhe sarvagranthiinaaM vipramokshastasmai
mR^iditakashhaayaaya tamasaspaaraM darshayati
bhagavaansanatkumaarasta\m+ skanda ityaachakshate
ta\m+ skanda ityaachakshate || chAndogya Up 7.26.2||

When the food is pure, the mind becomes pure. When the mind is pure the memory becomes firm. When the memory is firm all knots are loosened. The venerable Sanatkumara showed Narada, after his blemishes had been wiped out, the other side of darkness. They call Sanatkumara Skanda, yea, Skanda they call him.

By food, all sensory inputs are meant, i.e by pure seeing, pure hearing, pure action etc. By always indulging in pure activities ( such as sat-sangha), the mind becomes pure. When mind becomes pure, memory or chitta becomes steady. When chitta becomes steady, the three knots loosen, and finally 'break'. To such a person who is freed from the three knots, grace of God personified by the son of God (known as Skanda) takes such a person to the father.( i.e Shiva)

The three knots are the knot of ignorance, knot of passion and knot of karma.

When the knot of ignorance is 'broken' it gives the first experience of the divine to the sAdhaka that makes him a true Astika and makes him very committed in his resolve of Atma-sAxAtkAra. Most of us always have the doubt whether there exists a God or anything supernatural - all such doubts are dispelled when the knot of ignorance is opened.

When the knot of passion is crossed over, it gives a permanent higher state of awareness associated with anAhata. Even when these people die and are reborn, they are born with great Yogic insight, knowledge of previous birth etc.

When the knot of karma is crossed, there is no more return to earthly existance - a permanent residence in Ishvara sAyujya is attained.

To such a Yogi the grace of Lord( in the form of skanda) reveals whatever there is to know - the ultimate turIya experience is conferred.

The Skanda concept( son of Shiva) has a close parallel with the Jesus concept of Christianity, where Jesus is also considered the son of God.