Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: New Members - Some Core Ideas for HDF

Re: New Folks ... Some Core Ideas for HDF

Vannakkam Aashna:

So tell us, just how are you practising? Reading philosophy, going to temple, doing daily japa? I'm always inspired by the practice of others.

Tell me, what interesting events brought you to Sanatana Dharma?

Aum Namasivaya

I got interested in Hinduism, when I started to doubt my catholic faith. I wanted freedom to be myself and not be binded by all the rules and doctians catholicism has. I started my spirutal journey, by praying every day (I feel the most connected to Krishna and Ganasha)...I listen to Krishna Das everyday and chant along to his music. I've been reading up about Hinduism online (mostly the Gita scripture) and begain reading Biography of a Yogi. Good Book. Unfortunatly there are no temples really close to me that I can attend. Since I still live with my parents (It's Cheeper while attending college) I cant really go to a temple . My family is very catholic.
    -AASHNA DEVI SHUKLA- ॐ नमस्ते / ॐ नमः शिवाय

Ramachandra

Namaste, I am from Russia, but I am a fan of Lord Sri Raam since my childhood (first in a comic book version, then in real "Ramayana" and finally in the holy spots of India). I am trying to practice dharma to the extent that my present condition allows me to do. Happy 2 join this community.

Jay Sri Raam!

Re: Ramachandra

Quote Originally Posted by Ramachandra View Post
    Namaste, I am from Russia, but I am a fan of Lord Sri Raam since my childhood (first in a comic book version, then in real "Ramayana" and finally in the holy spots of India). I am trying to practice dharma to the extent that my present condition allows me to do. Happy 2 join this community.

Jay Sri Raam!
    Namaste Ramachandra,

Welcome to these forums. Hopefully you will learn a lot about Sanatana Dharma here. I am currently watching the Ramayana television series and learning a lot about Lord Rama.

Jai Sri Krishna

Vannakkam Ramachandra:

Welcome to these forums. You've been to India? if I read that right, I'd love to hear about it.

Aum Namasivaya

2Ramakrishna: Dhanyavaad, are you watching the Arun Govil version or Gurmeet Choudhari version;-)?

2Eastern Mind: Thank you. Yes, sure, I spend round 3 weeks a year in India. My favourite places are Punjab, Himalayas and Rameshwaram (very inspiring place related to Sri Raam-leela:-)

2Ramakrishna: Dhanyavaad, are you watching the Arun Govil version or Gurmeet Choudhari version;-)?
    Namaste Ramachandra,

I'm watching the old version with Arun Govil. It's very good so far.

Jai Sri Krishna

2Eastern Mind: Thank you. Yes, sure, I spend round 3 weeks a year in India. My favourite places are Punjab, Himalayas and Rameshwaram (very inspiring place related to Sri Raam-leela:-)
    Vannakkam: Yes, I too have been to Rameswaram. Inspiring indeed.

Aum namasivaya

Namaste.
    Joined 12 hours ago into HDF.
    Dabbling in some readings; Hoping HDF will help understand HD better.
    Sarve Janah Sukhino Bhavantu.

Vannakkam chander:

Welcome to HDF. I hope you benefit from your time here.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information