Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: New Members - Some Core Ideas for HDF

Re: New Folks ... Some Core Ideas for HDF

Namaste!

I have posted a introduction thread, but it didn't show up. Does it have to be approved before it shows?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________

I found my answer, kindly disregard.
    Last edited by KaliBhakta; 22 September 2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Found the answer to my question elsewhere.
    Salutation be to you O Narayani, O you who are the good of all good, O auspicious Devi, who accomplish every object, the giver of refuge, O three eyed Gauri!

-Devi Mahatmya Chapter 11, Verse 10.

namashkar, I am a Sikh..in relationship with a Hindu guy, want to understand more about the religion ..so I can easily gel in his family..

Vannakkam Shambvi: Welcome to these forums. I hope you find them enriching. You are lucky to live in Toronto, the city in the Americas with probably the highest number of Hindu temples. Perhaps New York is higher.

On another note, can you please change your font color back to black. Your post was extremely difficult to read. Thanks.

Regarding gaining knowledge, much is here already on HDF. Its quite large as Hindu sites go. But ask away anyway.

I am also in Canada but about 3500 km to the west of you.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 09 November 2010 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post

I am also in Canada but about 3500 m to the west of you.
    Only 3500 m?
    Wow, that's practically next door!

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Only 3500 m?
    That is funny. My karma. Reminds me of teaching metric conversion methods to Grade 6 math students. They would make errors or reversing directions and get things like 1027 m = 1.027 mm, instead of the opposite. I probably chuckled inside at their 'stupidity' some days without catching myself. So thanks, Believer. I hope you had a good laugh at my mistake, and now I'm going to go edit it correctly.

Aum Namasivaya

Talking Re: New Folks ... Some Core Ideas for HDF

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Only 3500 m?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Shambvi: Welcome to these forums. I hope you find them enriching. You are lucky to live in Toronto, the city in the Americas with probably the highest number of Hindu temples. Perhaps New York is higher.

On another note, can you please change your font color back to black. Your post was extremely difficult to read. Thanks.

Regarding gaining knowledge, much is here already on HDF. Its quite large as Hindu sites go. But ask away anyway.

I am also in Canada but about 3500 km to the west of you.

Aum Namasivaya
    Thank you for your kind words Eastern Mind, I shall explore as much as possible. You might be in Vancouver or Edmonton area, if I am not wrong! NamahShivaye

Namastey,

I am Mohan from hyderabad, I am very pleased to join this forum, where we can express our feeling to our fellow friends. Tough I visit temple daily and pilgrimages sometimes and offer daily puja at home, it was only in coming with the books on Sri Ramakrishna Paramhans that I know what religion is and how great sanatam dharam is.

I feel proud to born in this country which is called the land of spirituality.

With Best Regards,
    Mohan.

Namaste Mohan and welcome to the forum.
    You could probably share some of your realizations with us!

Quote Originally Posted by mohan.agadkar View Post
    Namastey,

I am Mohan from hyderabad, I am very pleased to join this forum, where we can express our feeling to our fellow friends. Tough I visit temple daily and pilgrimages sometimes and offer daily puja at home, it was only in coming with the books on Sri Ramakrishna Paramhans that I know what religion is and how great sanatam dharam is.

I feel proud to born in this country which is called the land of spirituality.

With Best Regards,
    Mohan.
    Namaste Mohan: Welcome to these forums. Yes you were born into the greatest religion on the planet. Only in the last 30 years of Hindu Renaissance have people come to know this in a more systematic way.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information