Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God is only one proved by Hindu holy books

God is only one proved by Hindu holy books

Common Concept of God in Hinduism:
    some Hindus believe in the existence of three gods, some believe in thousands of gods, and some others in thirty three crore i.e. 330 million Gods. However, learned Hindus, who are well versed in their scriptures, insist that a Hindu should believe in and worship only one God
    Thus the major difference between the Hindu and the Muslim beliefs is the difference of the apostrophe ‘s’. The Hindu says everything is God. The Muslim says everything is God’s.
    Concept of God according to Hindu Scriptures:
    We can gain a better understanding of the concept of God in Hinduism by analysing Hindu scriptures.
    BHAGAVAD GITA
    The most popular amongst all the Hindu scriptures is the Bhagavad Gita.
    Consider the following verse from the Gita:
    "Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures."
    [Bhagavad Gita 7:20]
    The Gita states that people who are materialistic worship demigods i.e. ‘gods’ besides the True God
    UPANISHADS:
    The Upanishads are considered sacred scriptures by the Hindus.
    The following verses from the Upanishads refer to the Concept of God:
    "Ekam evadvitiyam"
    "He is One only without a second."
    [Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1]1
    "Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah."
    "Of Him there are neither parents nor lord."
    [Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]2
    "Na tasya pratima asti"
    "There is no likeness of Him."
    [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]3
    The following verses from the Upanishad allude to the inability of man to imagine God in a particular form:
    "Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."
    "His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye."
    [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:20]4
    1[The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 447 and 448]
    [Sacred Books of the East, volume 1 ‘The Upanishads part I’ page 93]
    2[The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 745]
    [Sacred Books of the East, volume 15, ‘The Upanishads part II’ page 263.]
    3[The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 736 & 737]
    [Sacred Books of the East, volume 15, ‘The Upanishads part II’ page no 253]
    4[The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 737]
    [Sacred Books of the East, volume 15, ‘The Upanishads part II’ page no 253]
    We proved from the below verses of Hindu scriptures that the God is one and mohmmad saw is his Prophet
    THE VEDAS
    Vedas are considered the most sacred of all the Hindu scriptures. There are four principal Vedas: Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samveda and Atharvaveda.
    Yajurveda
    The following verses from the Yajurveda echo a similar concept of God:
    "na tasya pratima asti
    "There is no image of Him."
    [Yajurveda 32:3]5
    "shudhama poapvidham"
    "He is bodyless and pure."
    [Yajurveda 40:8]6
    "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste"
    "They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti."
    [Yajurveda 40:9]7
    Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.
    The Yajurveda contains the following prayer:
    "Lead us to the good path and remove the sin that makes us stray and wander."
    [Yajurveda 40:16]8
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5[Yajurveda by Devi Chand M.A. page 377]
    6[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith page 538]
    7[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith page 538]
    8[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Griffith page 541]
    Atharvaveda
    The Atharvaveda praises God in Book 20, hymn 58 and verse 3:
    "Dev maha osi"
    "God is verily great"
    [Atharvaveda 20:58:3]9
    Rigveda
    The oldest of all the vedas is Rigveda. It is also the one considered most sacred by the Hindus. The Rigveda states in Book 1, hymn 164 and verse 46:
    "Sages (learned Priests) call one God by many names."
    [Rigveda 1:164:46]
    The Rigveda gives several different attributes to Almighty God. Many of these are mentioned in Rigveda Book 2 hymn 1.
    Among the various attributes of God, one of the beautiful attributes mentioned in the Rigveda Book II hymn 1 verse 3, is Brahma. Brahma means ‘The Creator’. Translated into Arabic it means Khaaliq. Muslims can have no objection if Almighty God is referred to as Khaaliq or ‘Creator’ or Brahma. However if it is said that Brahma is Almighty God who has four heads with each head having a crown, Muslims take strong exception to it.
    Describing Almighty God in anthropomorphic terms also goes against the following verse of Yajurveda:
    "Na tasya Pratima asti"
    "There is no image of Him."
    [Yajurveda 32:3]
    Another beautiful attribute of God mentioned in the Rigveda Book II hymn 1 verse 3 is Vishnu. Vishnu means ‘The Sustainer’. Translated into Arabic it means Rabb. Again, Muslims can have no objection if Almighty God is referred to as Rabb or 'Sustainer' or Vishnu. But the popular image of
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9[Atharveda Samhita vol 2 William Dwight Whitney page 910]
    Vishnu among Hindus, is that of a God who has four arms, with one of the right arms holding the Chakra, i.e. a discus and one of the left arms holding a ‘conch shell’, or riding a bird or reclining on a snake couch. Muslims can never accept any image of God. As mentioned earlier this also goes against Svetasvatara Upanishad Chapter 4 verse 19.
    "Na tasya pratima asti"
    "There is no likeness of Him"
    The following verse from the Rigveda Book 8, hymn 1, verse 1 refer to the Unity and Glory of the Supreme Being:
    "Ma cid anyad vi sansata sakhayo ma rishanyata"
    "O friends, do not worship anybody but Him, the Divine One. Praise Him alone."
    [Rigveda 8:1:1]10
    "Devasya samituk parishtutih"
    "Verily, great is the glory of the Divine Creator."
    [Rigveda 5:1:81]11
    Brahma Sutra of Hinduism:
    The Brahma Sutra of Hinduism is:
    "Ekam Brahm, dvitiya naste neh na naste kinchan"
    "There is only one God, not the second; not at all, not at all, not in the least bit."
    Thus only a dispassionate study of the Hindu scriptures can help one understand the concept of God in Hinduism.
    0[Rigveda Samhita vol. 9, pages 2810 and 2811 by Swami Satya Prakash Sarasvati and Satyakam Vidyalankar]
    11[Rigveda Samhita vol. 6, pages 1802 and 1803 by Swami Satya Prakash Saraswati and Satyakam Vidyalankar]
    as from the sun." The Prophecy confirms:
    The name of the Prophet as Ahmed since Ahmed is an Arabic name. Many translators misunderstood it to be ‘Ahm at hi’ and translated the mantra as "I alone have acquired the real wisdom of my father".
    Prophet was given eternal law, i.e. the Shariah.
    The Rishi was enlightened by the Shariah of Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an says in Surah Saba Chapter 34 verse 28 (34:28):
    "We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not."

Smile Re: God is only one proved by Hindu holy books

Namaste myislam1,

Good can never be proven as is a question of faith. And to have faith is to doubt.
    The holly Books only al laud to the nature of is mystery. So they should be read with faith.

Om namah shivaya!

Re: God is only one proved by Hindu holy books

My dear myislam1,

I am not able to make out whether you are a Hindu or a Muslim though your public profile says, "Sanatan Dharma".

The quotes from Vedas & Vedanta quoted by you are ok but your interpretation needs correction. The ONE God as mentioned in Q'uran & that mentioned in Vedas/Vedanta are completely different & cannot be equated.

First of all, Vedanta's says, "The Brahman is One without a second". But my dear friend, it means that there is nothing but Brahman i.e. the Creation & the Creator are not two but just ONE ! This concept is very difficult to understand from Islamic point of view.

It appears that you have not been able to understand Hindu philosophy properly. All Hindus believe that there are various names & forms of God but God is only one. For a Hindu there is God in everything ... he bows before the formless Brahman & also the Brahman in form with equanimity ... he considers that there is God in the parents, the teacher, the river, the Tree, the animals etc. etc. ... there is nothing which is not the manifestation of God. That is why Vedanta declares, "Thou art That O' Svetketu !".

[Prophet was given eternal law, i.e. the Shariah.
    The Rishi was enlightened by the Shariah of Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an says in Surah Saba Chapter 34 verse 28 (34:28):
    "We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not." ]

Prophet Muhammad was born in 570 CE whereas the Rishis of Rig-Veda existed nearly 1500 BC. How do you claim that the Rishis were enlightened by Shariah (which is based on teachings of Q'uran) given by Prophet Muhammad ?
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Hello Myislam1

Mullahs should rightfully accept the authority of the Vedas and take their constitutional position in the dharmic fold.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Hello Myislam1

Mullahs should rightfully accept the authority of the Vedas and take their constitutional position in the dharmic fold.
    LOL. That will be the day when pigs fly.

It seems to me that both Christians & Muslims are manifestations of Asuras.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post

Hello TTA,
    can you give (us) the audit trail on this notion of Christians & Muslims back to asuras. It would be interesting to see the logic.

dhanyavadah
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Hello TTA,
    can you give (us) the audit trail on this notion of Christians & Muslims back to asuras. It would be interesting to see the logic.

dhanyavadah
    Namaste Yajvan,

The reason I think Christians & Muslims are asuras is that their religions, both of them, are similar to virulent viruses. They wipe out the host entirely wherever they go; except Bharat of course!

If you look at most of the civilizations, cultures, religions, elsewhere in the world, after the advent of Christianity and/or Islam, the native and usually much older cultures were completely eradicated along with most of the subjects as well. 90 Million native Americans were slaughtered and their culture is essentially wiped out from the land. Persia (Iran) is another good example were Zoroastrianism was thriving before the advent of Islam. There are many other such cultures and it just seems that their only purpose is to convert the local populace and destroy their culture. They are still trying to do it in Bharat, and have been doing it for almost 1300 years, but since Sanathana Dharma is so pluralistic and its followers so resilient, they are having a very difficult time indeed!

Subham.

Recently there has been several videos on youtube where I see muslims using this tactic - quoting verses from Hindu scriptures about a "one god" and telling us that we should convert to islam.

One of which is zakir naik's speeches.

I like to maintain the stance that I am polytheist to muslims generally.

However when confronted with such attempts of them using our religious texts to teach us whats right or wrong. When I have no other choice my response would be to say is that "yes, all this was known to our great Hindu Rishis thousands of years before muhammad came along. So muhammad must have copied us. Since those texts are the ancient and original. Oldest of all."

On my day-to-day life, I have no qualms meeting and interacting with muslims.

Once a muslim guy was discussing with me about religion and said Hindus believed in one god and proceeded further. I shrugged and said no such thing flat out and tried to steer the conversation elsewhere.

Why?

Islam is constructed in such a way that its a conversion machine always imposing itself upon others but never allowing anyone to leave itself.

~ believing in any text of another religion is heretical
    ~ a muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non muslim man
    ~ the penalty for apostasy is death
    ~ there is no god but allah (the deity of the quran) / none can worship any other than the deity of the quran
    ~ muhammad is his last and final messenger / so everything one needs to know about God is complete within the quran

Always be careful when a muslim speaks about religion.

You can never expect a muslim to value or show appreciation to your own beliefs because its considered to be unacceptable/haram.

Their perceptions of other religion are always dictated by their own. The reason why they say that they respect moses and jesus is because they are mandated to believe in all of what the quran preaches. And muhammad, as Ive said before, decided to include moses and jesus as prophets of his deity. Otherwise they would not.

So engaging in any discussion about religion with a muslim to me is a waste of time.

Of course the only exceptions are the Sufis.

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post

Okay, let's wait for kalki avatar to get rid of these asuras.

I agree with TTA that many Christians and Muslims are asuras. Anyone who eats beef or slaughters cows is an asura.

Thread Information