Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Dangers of Pseudo Advaita"

"The Dangers of Pseudo Advaita"

An excerpt from, “The Dangers of Pseudo Advaita” by Aziz Kristof, a Non-traditional Advaita Zen Master.

“We would like also to create a few practical anti-pseudo-advaita statements: 'You are not Awakened unless you Awaken!', 'You are not That, unless you reach unity with Universal I AM!', 'There is no Path but only for those who Completed it!', 'There is nobody here, but only when somebody has dissolved! Until that time you are simply a suffering somebody who only tries to believe in being no one or entertains oneself by giving 'satsang.'”

--- 'There is no Path but only for those who Completed it!' ---

Open for question: Is this where J. Krishnamurti mislead others and perhaps himself with his "Pathless" teaching?

Om
    Last edited by Bob G; 30 January 2008 at 05:40 PM.

Re: "The Dangers of Pseudo Advaita"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    An excerpt from, “The Dangers of Pseudo Advaita” by Aziz Kristof, a Non-traditional Advaita Zen Master.

“We would like also to create a few practical anti-pseudo-advaita statements: 'You are not Awakened unless you Awaken!', 'You are not That, unless you reach unity with Universal I AM!', 'There is no Path but only for those who Completed it!', 'There is nobody here, but only when somebody has dissolved! Until that time you are simply a suffering somebody who only tries to believe in being no one or entertains oneself by giving 'satsang.'”

--- 'There is no Path but only for those who Completed it!' ---

Open for question: Is this where J. Krishnamurti mislead others and perhaps himself with his "Pathless" teaching?

Om
    Namaste Bob,

These are gems you have posted here. Yet, why should J. Krishnamurty mislead? What he taught might have been for his audience. I do not know?

Usually, the judgements are from those who might not have completed traversing the path. Why can't those judgements themselves be result of eating half cooked food and subsequent indigestion? I am talking generally.

IMO, I am that I am can only be unconditioned (and thus judgement free).

Regards,

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Hello Atanu,

In general, J. K. speaking to and for his own audience was fine from my pov. (and as you imply to me) The problem I have is when reading all of his put-downs about other teachers or people speaking to other audiences about their traditional paths.

"IMO, I am that I am can only be unconditioned (and thus judgement free)"

A good point from you... and although you didn't bring it up I don't think non-judgemental yet also aware of the world can include non-discernment where wisdom prevails, thus there is still a judgement made (so to speak) but from the highest law of Love. Yes?

Om

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    Hello Atanu,

---A good point from you... and although you didn't bring it up I don't think non-judgemental yet also aware of the world can include non-discernment where wisdom prevails, thus there is still a judgement made (so to speak) but from the highest law of Love. Yes?

Om
    Yes. Surely IMO. Thanks and great feeling.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thanks BoB for pointer to the article, it is quite good. As witnessed also in this forum, advaita need not mean loosing common sense or garbaging a culture or repeating a few verses from upanisads as slogans.

Life of all great teachers were quite the opposite.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Hello Sm78,

Glad the article was of use to you, and thanks for the reply. :-)

Good day

Om

Why awaken when sleep feel so good?

ZN/stretching
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Yaaah.

Yet, an inability to accept and pronounce in silence a simple Shivoham, is a declaration of presence of a separate being.

Om
    Last edited by atanu; 01 February 2008 at 01:19 AM.

Is "seeking enlightenment" an oxymoron?

ZN
    /zzzzzzzzzz
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Arrow Re: "The Dangers of Pseudo Advaita"

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna View Post

Is "seeking enlightenment" an oxymoron?
    Namaste Znanna,

Only when enlightenment is known does the search become redundant.

And anyone who is certain of their own enlightenment has no compulsion to search. But there are many seekers (and many misguided), and there is little value (and indeed very much confusion will result) in simply telling everyone that there is no path worth following and that (whatever they might think) everyone is already enlightened, so just kick back and enjoy!

Thread Information