Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Why do we get bored with things we initially enjoy ?

Re: Why do we get bored with things we initially enjoy ?

So why do we get bored at all? IMO, hunger-death is our apparent nature. It is the nature of this Universe, layered in three tiers and represented by the belly of Ganesha.

But fuller than the fullest, more joyful than joy is our real nature that needs unravelling.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Pranam Atanu ji

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post

The embodied Lord Krishna
    Na,
    This is all I have to say, which is what Bhagvan says.

janma karma ca me divyam
    evam yo vetti tattvatah
    tyaktva deham punar janma
    naiti mam eti so 'rjuna

The one who truly understands My transcendental birth and activities (of creation, maintenance, and dissolution), is not born again after leaving this body and attains My abode, O Arjuna. (4.09)

arjuna uvaca
    param brahma param dhama
    pavitram paramam bhavan
    purusam sasvatam divyam
    adi-devam ajam vibhum
    ahus tvam rsayah sarve
    devarsir naradas tatha
    asito devalo vyasah
    svayam caiva bravisi me

Arjuna said: You are the Supreme Brahman, the supreme abode, the supreme purifier, the eternal divine spirit, , purusam sasvatam divyam (No translation needed) (10.12)

All sages have thus acclaimed You. The divine sage Narada, Asita, Devala, Vyaasa, and You Yourself tell me. (10.13)

svayam evatmanatmanam
    vettha tvam purusottama
    bhuta-bhavana bhutesa
    deva-deva jagat-pate

O Creator and Lord of all beings, God of all gods, Supreme person and Lord of the universe, You alone know Yourself by Yourself. (10.15)

embodied like us! No way

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Hello Atanu,

Borrowing from and reflecting on your last post;
    All use of Pranas in the end is given back in service and Love, thus "Spirit unto Spirit" is the nature that gives freedom to one in the universe and kills death.

Om

Hello Ganeshprasad,

Borrowing part of and reflecting on your quote my pov is:

"...You alone know Yourself by Yourself"...which could be said to be the "Soul of the soul" or Soul of all souls, thus all individual souls will come to realize that this One Soul of their soul is their deepest and truest Self which is not bound by any particular forms or weavings of their separate soul bodies, bodies which can only exist in cyclic time and space.

Om

Question Re: Why do we get bored with things we initially enjoy ?

Namaste Atanu,

Does this correctly interpret your explanation?

turya = nara = brahma
    prAjña = nArAyaNa = Ishvara
    taijasa = hiraNyagarbha = brahmA
    vaishvAnara = prakRti = brAhmaNa

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam Atanu ji
    ---
    embodied like us! No way

Jai Shree Krishna
    Namaste Ganeshprasad Ji,

Nothing here contradicts and surpasses the transcendental Turya. I have not said embodied like us. I have said:

There is no problem at all that in the World, Jiva (imperishable) and prakritic entitities are pervaded and ruled by Supreme Lord, Ishwara -- the Prajna of the Turya. But we have seen, very definitely, that the Turya is ONE and Atman.

If you are insisting that the soul/spirit that Lord Krishna is superior to refers to Turya Advaita Atman, then I deny it.

In other words, if you are implying that the Kutastha in the following verse is Turya Self Brahman and Shri Krishna is transcendental to it, I deny it.

Dwaavimau purushau loke ksharashchaakshara eva cha;
    Ksharah sarvaani bhootaani kootastho’kshara uchyate.
    -------------

In all other aspects I have no difference with your views. Jiva is never equal to Ishwara's function. Only after removal of all functional tags from all parties that the Advaita is revealed.

Regards

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    Namaste Atanu,
    Does this correctly interpret your explanation?
    turya = nara = brahma
    prAjña = nArAyaNa = Ishvara
    taijasa = hiraNyagarbha = brahmA
    vaishvAnara = prakRti = brAhmaNa
    Namaskar Sarabhanga Ji,

Yes, except probably vaishvAnara = prakRti , which I am not sure about.

MAITRAYANA-BRAHMAYA-UPANISHAD
    SEVENTH PRAPATHAKA

(7) There is the person in the eye, there is he who walks as in sleep, he who is sound asleep, and he who is above the sleeper: these are the four conditions (of the Self), and the fourth is greater than all.

(8) Brahman with one foot moves in the three, and Brahman with three feet is in the last.

It is that both the true (in the fourth condition) and the untrue (in the three conditions) may have their dessert, that the Great Self (seems to) become two, yes, that he (seems to) become two.

Regards

Om
    Last edited by atanu; 12 February 2008 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Spelling

Pranam Bob G

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    Hello Ganeshprasad,

Borrowing part of and reflecting on your quote my pov is:

"...You alone know Yourself by Yourself"...which could be said to be the "Soul of the soul" or Soul of all souls, thus all individual souls will come to realize that this One Soul of their soul is their deepest and truest Self which is not bound by any particular forms or weavings of their separate soul bodies, bodies which can only exist in cyclic time and space.

Om

And that self can not be less then its creation and when he says his form is transcendental and never deteriorates I have no reason to doubt it.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Pranam Atanu ji

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste Ganeshprasad Ji,

If you are insisting that the soul/spirit that Lord Krishna is superior to refers to Turya Advaita Atman, then I deny it.

In other words, if you are implying that the Kutastha in the following verse is Turya Self Brahman and Shri Krishna is transcendental to it, I deny it.

Dwaavimau purushau loke ksharashchaakshara eva cha;
    Ksharah sarvaani bhootaani kootastho’kshara uchyate.

Om
    And then he says

yasmat ksaram atito 'ham
    aksarad api cottamah
    ato 'smi loke vede ca
    prathitah purusottamah

I am beyond the perishable body, and higher than the imperishable Atma; therefore, I am known in this world and in the Vedas as Purushottama, (supreme person)(15.18)

And this is what Arjun said

You are the father of this animate and inanimate world, and the greatest guru to be worshipped. No one is even equal to You in the three worlds; how can there be one greater than You? O Being of Incomparable Glory. (11.43)

In all other aspects I have no difference with your views. Jiva is never equal to Ishwara's function.

well i am glad to here this, but at the end of the day these are all upadhi of the mind is that it?

Only after removal of all functional tags from all parties that the Advaita is revealed.
    if I read this correctly advaita was some how lost to us and as to how and why god knows,
    And when it is rediscovered jiva and ishvara becomes superfluous.

Jai Shree Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam Atanu ji
    And then he says
    yasmat ksaram atito 'ham
    aksarad api cottamah
    ato 'smi loke vede ca
    prathitah purusottamah

I am beyond the perishable body, and higher than the imperishable Atma; therefore, I am known in this world and in the Vedas as Purushottama, (supreme person)(15.18)
    Namaskar Ganeshprasad Ji,

I have not said Shri Krishna is not Param Atman.

But I am sorry, the sanskrit verse does not say Atman at all. Is 'aksarad api cottamah' translated to 'imperishable Atma'? Just to insist upon the alleged eternal difference between Jivatma and Paramatma? Let me clear this up. Do you accept the following translation of Shri Prabhupada as correct? If you accept the translation as correct then we may as well stop here.

I shall now explain the knowable, knowing which you will taste the eternal. Brahman, the spirit, beginningless and subordinate to Me, lies beyond the cause and effect of this material world.(13.13).

if I read this correctly advaita was some how lost to us and as to how and why god knows, And when it is rediscovered jiva and ishvara becomes superfluous.
    Jai Shree Krishna
    No, Advaita Atman remains Advaita Atman. How can it ever be lost? The true nature of Sat-Chit-Anand is as if regained.

all upadhi of the mind is that it
    Except Sat-Chit-Ananda, which is the very nature of Brahman, the Guna Upadhis are in mind only. Where else? I consider Ishwara to be white and sitting. You consider Ishwara to be tribhangamurari, a christian sees God upon a cross. Are these ideas tucked somewhere out of Mind? Ishwara, as per Mandukya Upanishad is the Prajna (revealed intellect) everywhere. As revealed intellect, Ishwara is devoid of variety of imaginative gunas (that are contradictory from culture to culture) but is very intimate reality for every one.

Regards

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 11 February 2008 at 11:37 AM.

Thread Information