Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaktaism, Shaivism and Vaishnavism

Re: Shaktaism, Shaivism and Vaishnavism

This seems to be another endless arguement that say nothing. Under the restriction and definitions of brahman then brahman would be mostly useless. Just out there doinf not much. Somehow I don't think brahman would like this useless state.

Talking Re: Shaktaism, Shaivism and Vaishnavism

Quote Originally Posted by willie
    This seems to be another endless arguement that say nothing. Under the restriction and definitions of brahman then brahman would be mostly useless. Just out there doinf not much. Somehow I don't think brahman would like this useless state.
    Then what do U read this "useless arguement" for? Why waste Ur precious time? Does Brahman "like" this indeed useless state?

Namaskar TS

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker
    Namaste Arjuna,

-----That is why Brahman is detached from whatever we can think of, including consciouness. ------ The whole range of experience is only Dvaita, unless you have fully awakened the Ajna Chakra. ---
    You have brought out a very subtle point.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker
    I am beginning to think that the whole strife between advaitins and non advaitins both due to 1. generic intolerance of non advaitins 2. superiority complex of some advaitins.

Because - "Dvaita is NOT supported by experience." is something of an empty statement. more of emotion than a fact.

But strife, I feel, is the experience itself. It is not restricted to advaita vs. dvaita etc. Existence of a school (or for that matter a being) is simply based on such experiential differences -- which arise in non-dual brahman but are not the non-dual brahman.

All experiences, except one, however, has a begininning and an end -- thus cannot be the eternal truth. The one permanent experience is "I exist". Even during deep sleep I exist. Some gurus teach abidance in the "I exist" experience without a break, to experience/reveal/be (no word may be perfect here) the ROOT wherefrom "I exist" cognition arises.

Regards

NB: Your posts have benefitted me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna

The ONLY "thing" which is my actual and direct experience beyond any doubt is Consciousness. And i know no second Consciousness, it is one only. Thus, Advaita is based on experience.
    Namskar Arjuna,

This matter is extremely subtle but can be realised in a moment of flash.

When you say: The ONLY "thing" which is my actual and direct experience beyond any doubt is Consciousness, you are stating an experience. This experience is the ever true -- I agree here.

But still, this is an experience of some one. Who is that some one? Is that some one exactly the same as the "I exist" consciousness or He is the source of this everlasting experience? What is He?

But for all practical purposes teachers have taught THAT being as pure consciousness without a qualification. And, Mandukya is most precise in defining IT as indefinable -- neither consciousness nor non-consciousness.

Brahman does not participate but participates at a pada level as consciousness. Brahman is unchangeable but cause of all changes. Brahman is sthanu but is the fastest being. Atma desires birth of Purusha but Atma is desireless. Atma kills not and is not killed. Atma acts not but everything is done in its presence. Etc. Etc.

It is like a cinema screen without which no show would be possible, but it is not the show.

But actually words will never reach Him. Mind will never reach Him. The only proof of Him is in identity with Him. Dvaita and VA just ignore such shruti, so they are not complete (here I seem to differ from TS).

Please, deeply reflect without forming an opinion fast. You may realise that Advaita requires no modification except on account of mind's requirement to conceptualise.
    Om Namah Shivayya
    Last edited by atanu; 14 June 2006 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna
    Sahasrara? There are polarities or reflections of this chakra and all others in infinite combination ... the possibilities are endless!

Eh, but practice is so fun

But hey, I'm just a girl.

Namaste,
    ZN

Hey, are you just a girl? Truly?

For just a girl your terse posts are valuable (do not mean chauvinism here).

For TS and Arjuna:

All Chakra business mean experience only. Which, TS, has said dwell in the realm of Dvaita only. Behind all experiences there is an experiencer. Who is that experiencer? Knowing Him (knowing may be objected by some and being Him is more appropriate), the Advaita is known (again wrong word perhaps).

Regards to all and Om Namah Shivayya

Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee
    Hey, are you just a girl? Truly?

For just a girl your terse posts are valuable (do not mean chauvinism here).

(snip)

Yep, just a girl

Thanks for appreciating my crunched down commentary! I know little of doctrine (maybe I intuitively have avoided the Vedas haha) but my understanding is of experience, and it is from that which I speak.

I only "know" through practice and obtain a referential point of view from commentary offered by y'all, for which I'm very appreciative, it is all very informative, and gives me interesting things to search about on the net.

I just do stuff, hey I'm just a girl :P

Namaste,
    ZN

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna
    Yep, just a girl

Thanks for appreciating my crunched down commentary! I know little of doctrine (maybe I intuitively have avoided the Vedas haha) but my understanding is of experience, and it is from that which I speak.

I only "know" through practice and obtain a referential point of view from commentary offered by y'all, for which I'm very appreciative, it is all very informative, and gives me interesting things to search about on the net.

I just do stuff, hey I'm just a girl :P

Namaste,
    ZN

Namaste ZN

Carry on. Best Wishes.

Thread Information