Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

A recent tendency/trend among HDFpuri Hindus is to look for any Advaitic roots in Christianity, digging up its teachings and extrapolating any semblances of roots found as wholesome spiritual food for humanity. Nirotu, a devout Christian, earlier used to do this work of extrapolation, but he did it only in a Hindu Forum like HDF. His job is now made far easier.

Does Christianity really teach Advaita? How far has such teachings, if any, percolated into the Christian psyche? What is the position of the Christian notables--priests, scholars, politicians, media men and others who are prominent? Are the Christian commons aware of such 'findings'? Would they agree with them and implement them in life, and respect the Hindu (pagan) gods and the Hindu culture? Would they raise in unison against the evangelical and conversioin efforts of the Christian Churches that is going on a 24x7x365-basis?

Notably, only Hindus in HDFpuri take up such things, and that only in HDF. To what end? Do we need to convince the Christian people in HDFpuri so they can see the Ultimate Truth or make those who have recently embraced Hinduism feel comfortable by pointing out remote agreements in concepts and teachings between the two religions? Can we post this 'new knowledge' in the Internet's popular Christian forums so those Christians too can see and realize the Truth?

As has been pointed out by Bhagavan Das in his book The Science of Peace and by H.P.Blavatsky in the Proem to her book The Secret Doctrine, Christianity, at best, is an Arambha-vAda, the first answer to a seeker's efforts of Self-Realization, which is the theory of Creation by a Personal First Cause. In other words, God is the Creator and Man is the Created. Man can attain liberation only by God's grace, not by any amount of Self-realizing, true knowledge. And if Man does not seek God his Creator in Jesus, he is doomed to be sent to an Eternal Hell.

Unless and until the Christian notables agree to seek Advaita in Christ's teachings and the Christian commons accept it for a life of peaceful religious co-existence, mutual respect, and love between all faiths in the world, Hindus' efforts of finding Advaita in Christian scriptures with the hope that the Christians would ultimately see their point can only be a pipe dream.

Hindus desire and dream of a hunky-dory scenario in the world of Western religions, but the stark reality is otherwise, as these pointers indicate:

• Violences against Hindus, their gods and culture still happen in an advanced democratic country like the USA. During the year 1987 and later, an American gang that called themselves 'Dot-Busters' terrorised the Hindu women who sported their religious mark of Tilak on their foreheads by bashing up their husbands. The result: most Hindu women in the USA today shirk from wearing Tilak or 'bindis' on their forehead, which is a spiritual, traditional and holy Hindu custom. Young women, residing or settled in the USA, proudly wear Tilaks while in India, but go without them in their domicile country.

• Even Hindu gods are abused by periodical display of their portraits by one consumer company or another in toilet seats, beer bottles, tea-shirts, corsets and as hideous sculptures in art museums in the U.S.A. Feeble protests arise from Hindu outfits, the company concerned says sorry, temporarily withdraws the products from the market, and the Christian notable or common hardly cares. He simply chugs his beer from a 'Ganesha' beer container, smoking and reads trash, sitting on a 'Ganesha' toilet seat.

• Pope of the Vatican City seeks an unconditional apology for past Christian atrocities and hostilities towards other religions (and there ends the matter!) but says that henceforth harvesting of souls will be on the basis of love (and money power if not military).

• Though the Pope admitted that the apostle St.Thomas visiting India and becoming a martyr at the hands of Mylapore (Chennai) brahmins was a myth created to harvest souls in India, and though the truth is out of the bag, the Christian notables would not retract claims to the St.Thomas mount, the Santhome Church in Mylapore, Chennai or the entire lot of religious property established in-between, but happily continue to propagate the myth, supported by the pseudo-secular state and central government in India. And the Santhome Church sits smugly over the destruction of the once-famous sea-shore Kapali (Shiva) Temple, dispensing Christian grace with the relic of Thomas supposed to be interred there.

• The Vatican appoints their agents in Hindu Politics (most notable of them being the You-Know-Who, the proxy prime minister who runs the Congress Government at the Center in India today) and connives with corrput political leaders to cast aspersions on a Shankaracharya, foist cases and imprison him, thereby seeking discredit of a 2500-old Sankara MaTham (in Kanchipuram).

• Conversions by 'love' under the coercion of money power is swelling all over India, and North East India has almost become a Christian bastion, where Hindus are not allowed to celebrate their religious festivals. As a tactic of conversion, the Christian conversion mechanism abuses Hindu Gods in printed pamphlets and speak derisively of them in their propaganda vans. In one or two recent such incidents, the Hindus protested, captured the vans and handed them over to the police, with no action taken against the abusers.

yathA rAja tathA prajA (As the Ruler so the Ruled). So the Christian agression goes on, while we at all our levels from the Hindu commons to the Yogis seek ways to explore their scriptures for common concepts and teachings, not to educate them, but only to fool ourselves.

Re: Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

Namaste Saidevo,

I think it helps to temporarily cover up the mental discomfort that doctrines like christianity raise in one's conciousness, thus helping us to reassure that in the end there is no problem but in the mind's understanding. The problems of the world is in my own midn after all.

I have long stopped following such posts here.

I still find some posts by sri sarabhanga giri very informative in clarifying dharma as per traditional understanding, and thus still follow the forum.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Arrow Re: Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

Does Christianity really teach Advaita?
    Namaste Saidevo,

Similarly, one could ask whether Hinduism really teaches Advaita. And the answer would depend on the particular texts selected for consideration, and on the particular philosophical viewpoint one adopted while interpreting those texts.

When you say “Christianity”, do you mean the English interpretation propagated by Protestant Christianity (which itself comes in very many shades), or the Latin interpretation of Catholic Christianity, or the Greek and Aramaic interpretations of the various Orthodox Churches, or the Essene interpretation, or an interpretation based only on the Gospels, or an interpretation based on the surviving words attributed to Jesus himself ?

All correspondences noted by me here on HDF have been based on scriptural considerations, and certainly not on the actions and views of European and American Christians two thousand years after their first and last fully enlightened guru passed away, and after his words have been translated, from Aramaic, into Greek, then into Latin, and then into old German and old English, and then into modern English, and then into all the languages of the world, in an elaborate, politically motivated game of ‘Chinese whispers’.

Every translation gives plenty of scope for corruption of the original meaning, and my contention is that the bulk of Judaic and Christian scripture actually stems from originally Sanskrit texts and teachings. And it is notable that a Sanskrit translation (so far as I know, only once attempted) is not available, for it would be in such a properly considered reverse translation (back into Sanskrit, from the original Aramaic, Hebraic, and Greek texts) that all manner of obvious similarities would appear, including long passages quoted almost verbatim from the original Hindu texts.

How far has such teachings, if any, percolated into the Christian psyche? What is the position of the Christian notables--priests, scholars, politicians, media men and others who are prominent? Are the Christian commons aware of such 'findings'?
    I am sure that there are notable Christians well aware of these “findings”, but the Church has tried very hard over 2,000 years to cover up the very connexions that I have been revealing here on HDF. And it is certainly not a new phenomenon in my internet postings (on various sites) over the last decade.

Any Christian who does not at least obey the ‘Ten Commandments’ is technically not a Christian. Just as an Arya without adherence to law of Yama is technically not an Arya.

Would they agree with them and implement them in life, and respect the Hindu (pagan) gods and the Hindu culture? Would they raise in unison against the evangelical and conversion efforts of the Christian Churches that is going on a 24x7x365-basis?
    If the Sermon on the Mount (for example) was properly understood, then all conversion efforts would cease. And so, despite the fact that no Evangelical Christian might currently agree, I don’t see any harm in providing some reasoned alternative views.

Notably, only Hindus in HDFpuri take up such things, and that only in HDF. To what end? Do we need to convince the Christian people in HDFpuri so they can see the Ultimate Truth or make those who have recently embraced Hinduism feel comfortable by pointing out remote agreements in concepts and teachings between the two religions?
    “Remote agreements” ??? Have you actually considered the various points that I have made?

It seems to me that most Christian opposition in this forum has disappeared, knowing that their posts will only stimulate me to reveal more and more connexions which might increase doubts about the authenticity of their supposed “new revelation”.

If all Hindus understood that Christianity was largely a corrupted version of Hinduism, why would anyone think of converting ??

Can we post this 'new knowledge' in the Internet's popular Christian forums so those Christians too can see and realize the Truth?
    Feel free to post this very ancient and now largely forgotten knowledge on any Christian forum But the result might not be desirable for this forum, when rabid Christians come swarming to HDF and I am compelled to repeat the same arguments, which (requiring an understanding of Sanskrit, and an open mind) will probably not lead to a satisfactory conclusion.

As has been pointed out by Bhagavan Das in his book The Science of Peace and by H.P.Blavatsky in the Proem to her book The Secret Doctrine, Christianity, at best, is an Arambha-vAda, the first answer to a seeker's efforts of Self-Realization, which is the theory of Creation by a Personal First Cause. In other words, God is the Creator and Man is the Created. Man can attain liberation only by God's grace, not by any amount of Self-realizing, true knowledge. And if Man does not seek God his Creator in Jesus, he is doomed to be sent to an Eternal Hell.
    If the crucifixion is properly understood as an allegory of yoga samAdhi, and not simply as an unjust but politically expedient execution of a dissident preacher, then all of the above is not a correct impression of the understanding of Jesus himself. And Jesus instructed his disciples to follow his proven way to the Father, but very few have actually done that, and those who have are now counted as Saints.

The understanding of the Saint and the understanding of those who worship (but not imitate) the Saint are very different things !
    Last edited by sarabhanga; 27 February 2008 at 06:37 AM.

Namaste Sarabhanga.

There, you have started a healthy discussion, on this important subject! I hope Satay and the other members will also participate and exchange views.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    Similarly, one could ask whether Hinduism really teaches Advaita. And the answer would depend on the particular texts selected for consideration, and on the particular philosophical viewpoint one adopted while interpreting those texts.
    You very well know that this point is only academic, because you know that the Hindu commons and notables at all levels--right from the illiterate kRSTa (plowman) through the atheistic intellectual and politician who would hate Hinduism but not give up his Hindu rights, and up to the enlightened yogi--know that Brahman is the only God in Hinduism, all other Gods are its forms and that we have the spark of that one God within us.

In addition, all Hindu scriptures are necessarily based on the Vedas that talks of Brahman as the only God. And every Hindu is aware of this fact, though he/she might not have read the Vedas or Upanishads.

Compare this scenario with the Christian Bible, whatever its version. Most Christians are aware of the various Biblical versions and that there are significant variations among them, yet--from the sayings of Christ that have been highlighted here and are commonly known--does every Christian, notable or common, believe that Christ taught Advaita?

When you say "Christianity", do you mean the English interpretation propagated by Protestant Christianity (which itself comes in very many shades), or the Latin interpretation of Catholic Christianity, or the Greek and Aramaic interpretations of the various Orthodox Churches, or the Essene interpretation, or an interpretation based only on the Gospels, or an interpretation based on the surviving words attributed to Jesus himself?

All correspondences noted by me here on HDF have been based on scriptural considerations, and certainly not on the actions and views of European and American Christians two thousand years after their first and last fully enlightened guru passed away,...
    While I am aware that there are various interpretations of the Christian Bible with possible corruptions, I am not familiar with the original Aramaic, Hebraic, and Greek texts.

Every translation gives plenty of scope for corruption of the original meaning, and my contention is that the bulk of Judaic and Christian scripture actually stems from originally Sanskrit texts and teachings. And it is notable that a Sanskrit translation (so far as I know, only once attempted) is not available, for it would be in such a properly considered reverse translation (back into Sanskrit, from the original Aramaic, Hebraic, and Greek texts) that all manner of obvious similarities would appear, including long passages quoted almost verbatim from the original Hindu texts.
    Since I have read and I believe that Sanatana Dharma was the prevailing dharma in the ancient times throughout the world, I am happy with and wholeheartedly support your contention that the teachings of Jesus Christ are from the original Sanskrit texts and that he was aware of them. I am also happy with your efforts at revealing this truth.

I am sure that there are notable Christians well aware of these "findings", but the Church has tried very hard over 2,000 years to cover up the very connexions that I have been revealing here on HDF. And it is certainly not a new phenomenon in my internet postings (on various sites) over the last decade.
    This is some good news as well as bad news. I am really happy that your decade-long Net messages have reached at least some Christian notables. May Parameshvara Shiva bless them and let their numbers grow! We need their numbers to swell for any change of heart.

If the Sermon on the Mount (for example) was properly understood, then all conversion efforts would cease. And so, despite the fact that no Evangelical Christian might currently agree, I don’t see any harm in providing some reasoned alternative views.
    If even the Sermon on the Mount is not properly understood and the Ten Commandments are not (agreed to be) followed in letter and spirit by the Evangelical Christians, they are commiting a serious sin: of being unfaithful to their own Guru and God and by cheating their own faithfuls. Since they do it in full knowledge, perhaps even Jesus may not ask his Father to forgive them, saying, "Father, they know not what they do"!

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Notably, only Hindus in HDFpuri take up such things, and that only in HDF. To what end? Do we need to convince the Christian people in HDFpuri so they can see the Ultimate Truth or make those who have recently embraced Hinduism feel comfortable by pointing out remote agreements in concepts and teachings between the two religions?
    "Remote agreements" ??? Have you actually considered the various points that I have made?
    As I have said above, I have read, considered and am happy with your revelations of the connexions of Christianity with its original Sanatana Dharma, from the very name of this western religion. I used the phrase 'remote agreements' for the point of view of discerning Christians who may not see enough prima facie evidences.

It seems to me that most Christian opposition in this forum has disappeared, knowing that their posts will only stimulate me to reveal more and more connexions which might increase doubts about the authenticity of their supposed "new revelation".
    If it can stimulate you to "reveal more and more connexions", then let us revive the Christian opposition in this forum! Perhaps you should seriously consider publishing your valuable findings as a book, both on the Internet and in print. You had such ideas, I think.

If all Hindus understood that Christianity was largely a corrupted version of Hinduism, why would anyone think of converting??
    For this to happen, you need to publish your valuable findings in English, Hindi and perhaps Tamil and distribute it widely in India. I wish we at HDFpuri take some initiative in this direction. If you can prepare a comprehensive and handy book in English, some of us can translate it to Hindi and Tamil, cross-check our translations, contribute something by way of financing the project, and publish the book as an NRI initiative, from an overseas publication at a low price, for that can carry weight and steer past any political hurdles, I think. A freely downloadable copy of the book in PDF form in English, Hindi and Tamil can also be made available on the Internet.

For all their majority, Hindus in India are direly in need of Hindu media resources. All cable TV channels throughout India show two or three Christian evangelical channels but in Tamilnadu, even the internationally popular Sanskar TV channel is not shown in the suburbs of Chennai. I practically quarrelled with my cable TV service provider but to no avail.

There are no popular FM broadcast channels dispensing Hindu teachings common to all sects. As for the print media, a magazine named 'Hindu Voice' published from Bombay for over two years now, have started making waves, but has very little circulation. Hindu institutions under the auspices of the VHP, RSS and some Ashrams do a lot for dissemination of Hindu values and culture among the grass roots, but the efforts are local and scattered.

Feel free to post this very ancient and now largely forgotten knowledge on any Christian forum But the result might not be desirable for this forum, when rabid Christians come swarming to HDF and I am compelled to repeat the same arguments, which (requiring an understanding of Sanskrit, and an open mind) will probably not lead to a satisfactory conclusion.
    I only wanted to know if you have posted this knowledge in Christian forums! After your above observations, why should anyone even think of doing it? As you have been saying all along recently, right knowledge is only given to the understanding and deserved.

If the crucifixion is properly understood as an allegory of yoga samAdhi, and not simply as an unjust but politically expedient execution of a dissident preacher, then all of the above is not a correct impression of the understanding of Jesus himself. And Jesus instructed his disciples to follow his proven way to the Father, but very few have actually done that, and those who have are now counted as Saints.

The understanding of the Saint and the understanding of those who worship (but not imitate) the Saint are very different things!
    I understand that Kenneth Humphrey, a British theologian, wrote a book "Jesus Never Existed". The book was published by Iconoclast Press, Uckfield, East Sussex, the UK. I have not read this book but I have read the book Jesus Christ: An Artifice for Aggression by Sita Ram Goel, a great and patriotic Hindu. (This book can be read/downloaded at http://www.hamsa.org/).

What are your thoughts/findings about the historicity of Jesus Christ?

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga
    I am sure that there are notable Christians well aware of these “findings”, but the Church has tried very hard over 2,000 years to cover up the very connexions that I have been revealing here on HDF. And it is certainly not a new phenomenon in my internet postings (on various sites) over the last decade.
    Namaste Sarabhanga ji,

I agree with you. The original teachings of Jesus have been polluted by Church to obnoxius levels. Actually, while analysing Christianity & the behaviour of the Church we should remember that the Christian Father is not like a Hindu Priest & the Church is not like Hindu Temple, it is like an empire & the Empire can go to any extent to keep its interests intact ! Christianity is a highly organised religion & the Church was so powerful that nobody could dare challenge for nearly 1500 years. The Church was part of administration & enjoyed a lot of powers. It is only after Industrialisation, rise of Nationalism & democracy, Church started losing its power. Many a distortions came due the greed of the Church to be able to maintain its supremacy.

Jesus taught Non-violence, compassion & love. However, what happened in the name of Christianity was the worst in the name of religion. People think that Islam is the most cruel religion when it comes to dealing with Non-muslims but the reality is that the cruelty unleashed by Christianity is unparalled in the history of mankind. Many religions were almost wiped out from the face of this world at the behest of Christianity.

Some excerpts :

In 1122 Christian crusaders swept over Jerusalem and slaughtered men, women and children, 'until their horses were knee deep in blood.

In 777 , Charlemagne, a devout Christian, after conquering the Saxon rebels, gave them a choice between baptism and execution. When they refused to convert, he had 4500 of them beheaded in one morning.

In the fourth century, Emporor Constantine, the first Roman Emperor to become a Christian, had over 3000 Christians executed because their interpretation of the Bible did not agree with his. That is more than the number of Christians who died at the hands of the Romans during the well known 1st century "Christians to the lions" persecutions.
    Queen Isabella, famous for sending Columbus to the New World in 1492, was well known also for her 'Spanish Inquisition', the gruesome torture and murder of tens of thousands of Spanish Jews, Muslims, homosexuals, people who read or wrote, uppity women, and anyone else not up to the Queen's strict standards. Isabella was a champion of the faith, piously congratulating herself as her victims writhed to their deaths in the flames and the many other ingenious methods of torture invented by her inquisitors.

In the 12th and 13th centuries, the Inquisition was born, with Christians killing Christians, during what was known as the Albigensian heresies. Hundreds of thousands of people died because their Christianity did not agree with official dogma. This adds to the irony of murder in the name of Christ, when the majority of victims of the early inquisitions were themselves Christians.

English Catholics suffered horribly under Protestant regimes. American historian William T. Walsh writes: "In Britain, 30,000 went to the stake for witchcraft; in Protestant Germany, the figure was 100,000". In Scotland, too, alleged witches were cruelly put to death. Karl Keating quotes from the : "It is well-known that belief in the justice of punishing heresy with death was so common among the 16th-century Reformers-Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, and their adherents-that we may say their toleration began where their power ended" .

1000 year old oak trees that had been sacred to the pagans were hacked down and replaced with cathedrals. The altar was often built on the stump of the tree; some altars are built over boulders or embedded stones that were ancient Pagan ritual sites.
    As Christianity took over Europe, attempts to supress Pagan holy day celebrations met fierce resistance. Their solution was to absorb these holidays, purloin them, and make them into Christian holidays.
    Regards

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste, all,

While I agree with many of the points already made here, and don't wish to drift the thread from the direction of the discussion, I feel compelled to note this:

Modern "Christianity" isn't about all that.

Modern "Christianity" is about seeking converts to "Christianity".

IMO, modern "Christianity" is about the most perverse "religion" in that it perpetuates the "us" versus "them" mentality by continuous differentiation of the "saved" versus the "damned."

Please beware the insidious tentacles of this mindset.

ZN
    /end rant and drift
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Namaste Znanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna View Post
    Modern "Christianity" isn't about all that.
    Modern "Christianity" is about seeking converts to "Christianity".

IMO, modern "Christianity" is about the most perverse "religion" in that it perpetuates the "us" versus "them" mentality by continuous differentiation of the "saved" versus the "damned."

Please beware the insidious tentacles of this mindset.
    You have pin-pointed the problem in your usual terse words. Advaita or no Advaita, I would appreciate Christianity if this concept/dogma/mindset of 'harvesting souls' is not there. If this concept is taught by Jesus in the Bible, then how can it amount to Advaita? If Jesus is perceived to have not taught it, why is it there at all in the Christian dogma?

Post Re: Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

Quote Originally Posted by Saidevo
    You very well know that this point is only academic, because you know that the Hindu commons and notables at all levels know that Brahman is the only God in Hinduism, all other Gods are its forms and that we have the spark of that one God within us.

In addition, all Hindu scriptures are necessarily based on the Vedas that talk of Brahman as the only God. And every Hindu is aware of this fact, though he/she might not have read the Vedas or Upanishads.

Compare this scenario with the Christian Bible, whatever its version. Most Christians are aware of the various Biblical versions and that there are significant variations among them, yet--from the sayings of Christ that have been highlighted here and are commonly known--does every Christian, notable or common, believe that Christ taught Advaita?
    Namaste Saidevo,

All monotheistic religions must be considering exactly the same ultimate deity. And all Christians, all Jews, all Muslims, and all Hindus, understand that in truth there is only one God-head, which in each case must be one and the same. Some see further than others, into finer levels of abstraction, but all are looking towards exactly the same aim (as various spokes leading back to the same hub that drives them all).

All names and forms are taken by that indefinable essence of immortal existence, yet no name or form is sufficient for the unborn advaitam. That unnamed rudra is know only in samAdhi (not by name or form, but only by the indescribable experience of absolute identity), but its apparently diverse rudrAs are followed by the various theologies, each adhering to its own expression of the one name that is truly beyond all names.

In the highest samAdhi of ajAtivAda (which is perfect advaitam) there is only the one God, so that any suggestion of plurality or verifiable form is impossible.

Now, if this supreme yoga is ignorantly misapplied in the realm of duality (which immediately denies the possibility of the ultimate aim) then the only apparent course is to denounce and destroy or fundamentally convert all views and appearances that are divergent from one’s own partial understanding. And taken to the extreme, a literal interpretation of ajAtivAda by dvaitavAdins, manifestly applied in the world, requires the destruction of the world itself; but before that, the first step is to make all ‘others’ just like our own. That is the conversion process which must precede the final dissolution, and that is why millennial evangelical Christianity (predicting Armageddon) is bent on converting the whole of humanity to their own religion, for only then will eternal advaitam be truly manifest, in the final conflagration of the mortal coil. And this is exactly where the modern (fundamentally Judeo-Christian) world governance is leading us all ~ world monoculture, followed quickly by world destruction, with all true souls finally united in heaven.

All of this may be the ultimate view of the whole world process, from illusory start to illusory finish, but NO mortal being is fit to create or to destroy manifest worlds!

If every living thing simultaneously realized advaitam, then the manifest universe would no doubt cease to exist, but the chances of that are as rare as the likelihood of all matter meeting up with its corresponding antimatter, which would likewise destroy the whole creation. Something like this will occur at the end of time, but no mortal being has the power to bring it about, nor any authority to try.

But with the understanding that all sins are forgiven even as they are committed, and with the denial of any spiritual essence in other living species (other than their blood, which requires liberation) or in the earth itself (other than its gold, which is the rightful inheritance of those who would rape their own mother), and with advaitavAda wielded as a club by proud devotees whose partial comprehension remains divided and divisive, even the destruction of the whole world can be justified.

You need to publish your valuable findings in English, Hindi and perhaps Tamil and distribute it widely in India. I wish we at HDFpuri take some initiative in this direction.
    I have often mentioned non-Hindu traditions, but such considerations are peripheral to my overall intention (important to notice, but only to bring the focus back to the main aim, which has always been Hindu). I have thought of publishing (on various matters) but when it comes to the similarities between Christian and Hindu texts and traditions, I really don’t know where to begin! I have focused on a few key issues (the sayings of Jesus, the gospels, the birth of Christ and the passion of Christ, the creation story, the ten commandments, the very names of the characters and the “prophesies” of their motivations and actions which arise from an understanding of their Sanskrit roots), but if that is not already sufficient, then even a well justified re-translation of the whole bible may not be enough.

But HDF has been steadily extending its reach, and I assume that many seeds have already been planted, since we now have more than 2,000 visitors each month from India alone; and those readers are spread across 65 cities, from Srinagar to Trivandrum, and from Rajkot to Gauhati.

All cable TV channels throughout India show two or three Christian evangelical channels but in Tamilnadu, even the internationally popular Sanskar TV channel is not shown in the suburbs of Chennai. I practically quarrelled with my cable TV service provider but to no avail. There are no popular FM broadcast channels dispensing Hindu teachings common to all sects.
    What? No Samskar TV ??? Without the Samskar TV channel I wouldn’t bother watching Indian television at all! Perhaps that is why HDF has more visitors from Chennai than anywhere else in India. If only everyone turned off their TV and switched to HDF instead.

What are your thoughts/findings about the historicity of Jesus Christ?
    Well, there seems to be no evidence of Jesus Christ as an historical figure. The only evidence is the Christian gospel and comments made long after the supposed events. The teachings were made public in the Middle East at a certain time, and someone must have been responsible for that release, but the exact circumstances are unrecorded. From an historical perspective, the bible stories alone cannot be taken as solid evidence of historical truth. How do we know that the character really existed? Because the book tells us so! And those with unshakeable faith in the literal truth of the book will never be swayed, while those without faith will never be convinced.

To my mind, the whole story already appeared in Hindu scripture long before the supposed historical events, so no particular person or true historical events are actually required to explain it. But a Christian who denies the possibility of such connexions is left searching in vain for imagined archaeological remnants ~ either that or they would be forced to admit that their religion was prophesied by (or simply translated from) the wisdom of Sanatana Dharma.

The Bible itself gives the perfect clue to the historical “birth” of Christ in the Middle East, by the simultaneous arrival of both Jesus and the “three sages” from the Orient (surely the trayI-vidyA), which implies that the story began when a wise Brahmin arrived, following the course of the sun and navigating by the stars from somewhere far to the east (surely bhArata).

Pranam all

Scriptural considerations not withstanding, to give any credence to
    Christianity, is shooting ourself in foot, we make their job of 'harvesting souls' the lost souls, that much easier.

That is my take on it.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam all

Scriptural considerations not withstanding, to give any credence to
    Christianity, is shooting ourself in foot, we make their job of 'harvesting souls' the lost souls, that much easier.

That is my take on it.

Jai Shree Krishna
    A rational response, at last! From RamMohan Roy to Sri Sri, hindu 'gurus' have been actively propagating Christianity and Jesus' divinity, all the while receiving donations from Hindus. What has this resulted in? Christians can point to these gurus and say, "While we attack your gods as demons, we have your hindu gurus to defend the divinity of our Jesus. While we call Hinduism a devil-worshipping pagan faith, we have your hindu gurus praising Christianity as an authentic religion. While we never fail to mention sati, caste etc. while describing hinduism, your hindu gurus do us a huge favor by NEVER mentioning crusades, witch hunting, and inquisitions.

In short, we'll attack Hindus and Hinduism relentlessly, safe in the knowledge that your hindus gurus will continue to praise our religion and savior to the extreme. Your Hindu gurus are our defense counsel, god bless them!"

Thread Information