Thread: RIM as bija for Bhairava

RIM as bija for Bhairava

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Sarabhanga wrote

The long liquid cerebral vowel RIkAra (the eighth vowel) is an interjection of terror, and a particle implying reproach or warding off.
    RI indicates going, motion, or swiftness, and RIs is the name of a dAnava.
    RI is invoked as RISA (excellent RI, the mother of the gods) and placed on the left nostril. And RIM is the bhairava bIja.
    Namaste Sarabhanga,
    Can you assist me in my understanding of RIM ( sounding Reem) …. It is interesting to me to see this bIja is embedded in other bIjas such as Lakshami's shreem and also Bhuvaneshwari's hreem.

Can you assist and help with how RIM (reem) is derived for Bhairava and perhaps how they naturally manifest for Sri Devi and Bhuvaneshwari from this root?

pranams
    Last edited by yajvan; 20 March 2008 at 08:45 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: RIM as bija: Further thoughts

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

…. It is interesting to me to see this bIja is embedded in other bIjas such as Lakshami's shreem and also Bhuvaneshwari's hreem.

Can you assist and help with how RIM (reem) is derived for Bhairava and perhaps how they naturally manifest for Sri Devi and Bhuvaneshwari from this root?

Namaste,
    I was hoping to perhaps learn more of this bIja of Bhairava that is offered above - a new perspective. I am always open to learning a new way.

My orientation of Bhairava's bIja is from mantrArthAbhidhAnam¹ of the VaradA Tantra.

It suggests the following with regard to Bhairava:
    Ha stands for Shiva; U ( some write u u) for Bhairava; NAda for ParA, and the Vindu for Duhkhahara. These three letters make the Varma bIja HUm ().

I also looked to the Chandogya Upanishad Section 1.13.3, where additional bIja's are called out e.g. hAu for the world, hAi ( vayu+apa), etc. considered stobha (chanted interjection) , yet did not find RIM in this case.

One last place , I found Bhram offered as the bIja of Bhairava, yet the author gave no audit trail on its origin or components. Perhaps its Bh + ram -or- Bh + rum. "Bh' for Bhairava's bhA or light + 'ra' or 'ru' for agni's bIja. These are just thoughts that came to mind.

pranams

1. this text shown below is in Sanskrit 98 in case it scrambles on your screen:
    h izv> kiwtae deiv ^ -Erv #haeCyte,
    prawaeR nad zBdStu ibNÊÊR>ohrawRk>,
    vmRbIjÇyae ýÇ kiwtStv yÆt.
    Last edited by yajvan; 25 March 2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information