Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vedic Shaivism

Unhappy

Namaste Sarabhanga,

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga
    Once again, Arjuna, you are completely ignoring the context of this thread, which is considering Vedic Shaivism.
    Just to note, this thread was started by me only. I have mentioned that Shakta practices have a root in Vedas (though primarily they are Agamic), which is quite reasonable. In another thread i have shown an example of sexual aspect of Ashvamedha sacrifice, which definitely was not connected with procreation.
    Passages from Upanishads are opened to interpretation, and Ur view is equally possible as mine. Since U started opposing me i had to reply. Initial intention of my post was not arguement, but showing Vedic roots of Shaivism.
    U must be aware of Soma-siddhantins (popularly known as Kapalikas), who existed already in early Upanishadic period, if not Vedic. Their practice had much resemblance with later Vamachara, and roots of their sadhana go to Vedic Vratyas. Soma-siddhantins used wine and maithuna in their Yogic sadhana, which is historically a part of Vedic Shaivism.
    What was wrong in mentioning Vedic grounds of later Shaktism?

Please do not misunderstand ~ I have no objection to the discussion of sexual matters in the context of Dharma, and both "Tantras" and "Tantric Monism" Forums have been specially established (at your request). But you have promoted the same discussions in so many threads that my e.mail spam checker now throws all posts from Hindu Dharma Forums straight into the Trash!
    How many threads discussing sexual matters i have started? The one was there, a question about ISKCON 4th principle.
    I do not impose Tantric doctrines upon the whole of Hinduism. But there is nothing wrong in saying that Tantric doctrines are a part of Hinduism and do have some correspondences in Vedic texts.

Trawling the Vedas for any mention of Yoni or Maithuna is an adolescent preoccupation that does not befit anyone who claims to be a Natha! And I am sure that other members share this view. Please always remember the context of particular discussions, and the sensibilities of other Hindus (who can always read about the joys of ejaculation and the details of messy sex-magic rituals performed for gaining worldly desires in the Tantra Forum, if they are so inclined).
    Again, it is U who raised a theme of Vajroli and Rasayana and accused me of being misinformed
    My posting was a reply to Ur statements. And now U accuse me of "adolescent preoccupation" — isn't this inconsistent?
    I wouldn't have gone into such details if U did not try to prove i am wrong.

These are Ur words: "or to conceive a divine “child” within oneself and raise it to perfection ~ i.e. “raising Kundalini” absolutely requires the retention of semen ~ and any “tantric yogi” who does not understand this is merely a Bhogi."
    Ideas of conception of divine "child" or "raising Kundalini" are not Vedic. And consequently my reply was dealing with purely Tantric views.

Anyway, leave it. Such tendency is sadly prevalent. From Smriti times even traces of Tantric ideas were condemned by majority of Hindus.
    I will simply keep these matters off, unless direct question is asked.

Eventhough, i hardly grasp the reasons of Ur reaction

Namaste Arjuna,

Please read the following post, and note that all of this is implicit in original Hindu Dharma ~ Varnashrama

Namaste Arjuna,

Please read the following post, and note that all of this is implicit in original Hindu Dharma ~ Varnashrama
    Namaste Sarabhanga,

Thank U

Thread Information