Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
On reading this the first thing that came to my mind was an article on the subject, "Advait Vedanta Vs Buddhism". In this article, there was a statement :

Advait Vedanta is surely the highest path but without railings & so can be dangerous for the undesciplined minds. (This is why they don't teach non-duality to undesciplined mind in Buddhism. They just don't accept you as a desciple !)

Soham's above quote presses me to think that the above is right !

There are many examples where people got just the half-truth & thought they were Jnani & now were free from all rules. There was one gentleman from Bengal who after his study of Advait Vedanta declared that he could trample the Shiva Lingam under his feet as the form was just an illusion !

The reality is that at the state of One-ness such thoughts cannot arise. In fact, Non-dual state is free from all thoughts. The "i" (ahamkar, ego) drops dead. There is no "you", "him" or any "other" .... there is just "I AM", the One without a second .... where can the thoughts arise let alone any carnal desire or desire to kill ! When mind turns inward the ruler (mind) of the sense organs is absent & in its absence no sense organs can feel any craving.

It is true that for Jnani the Rules don't apply but the situation arising for applying the rules is also but an impossibilty !

OM
Good post

Thoughts and desires can emerge in a Jnani (Siddha) as well, but there is a difference: for him/her these are but forms of supreme Spandashakti and not separate tendencies. Siddha is Sakshad-Bhairava, who is verily not lifeless and move-less entity.