Thread: Catholics show appreciation towards Hindu Leader

Red Face Catholics show appreciation towards Hindu Leader

"My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

Re: Catholics show appreciation towards Hindu Leader

Hi Sage,

Your links from yesterday and today aren't working ... even if I remove the duplicate "http://" and use cut & paste. Just thought I'd let you know.

Reno (California), Apr.23 (ANI): The Catholic Diocese of Reno has awarded a special certificate to internationally acclaimed [COLOR=#2153aa! important][COLOR=#2153aa! important]Hindu[/COLOR][/COLOR] leader Rajan Zed for “vibrant interfaith communication”.
    Awarding the certificate to Zed on Tuesday in the Reno Diocese, Monique M. Jacobs, Director of Office of Faith Foundation and Parish Pastoral Services, said that she had not known any non-[COLOR=#2153aa! important][COLOR=#2153aa! important]Catholic[/COLOR][/COLOR] being awarded this kind of recognition certificate.
    In a remarkable interfaith gesture, Zed studied Old Testament, Catholic Theology, Prayer and [COLOR=#2153aa! important][COLOR=#2153aa! important]Spirituality[/COLOR][/COLOR], and Mother Mary under expert Catholic teachers during the last few months. He gave a talk about [COLOR=#2153aa! important][COLOR=#2153aa! important]Hinduism[/COLOR][/COLOR] sometime back at the Catholic Diocesan Conference for the second consecutive year. He also recited [COLOR=#2153aa! important][COLOR=#2153aa! important]prayers[/COLOR][/COLOR] from ancient Hindu scriptures at the prestigious Bishop Manogue Catholic High School for the second time in the recent past.
    Roman [COLOR=#2153aa! important][COLOR=#2153aa! important]Catholic [COLOR=#2153aa! important]Church[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], headed by Pope Benedictus XVI Joseph Ratzinger, is the largest Christian denomination with about 1.12 billion adherents, representing about 17.2 of global population.
    Hinduism, oldest and third largest religion of the world, has about one billion followers. Moksha (liberation) is the ultimate goal of Hinduism. (ANI)
    "My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

Let's just hope they don't anoint Zed the Hindu Pope anytime soon.

Thread Information