Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shiva Dwesha

Shiva Dwesha

I know that this thread may offense many people, and may anger many more.

What I have observed is that there is a lot of Shiva Dwesha. Some people consider Shiva lesser than human bhaktas. I am quiet regular at Yahoo Answers, and there I have seen many Wise people who have high knowledge and still there they are with their own little understanding of Divinity.

There I found people who claim that Shiva has 86% Vishnu's qualities, and he is nothing but a humble soul living on mercy of Vishnu. Whew! What a foolish thought!

Some people quiet literally take Krishna's statement "Surrender to me" in Bhagavad Gita. They feel that one should worship Krishna only, as Krishna said it. And worshiping other deities is not good. Why don't we understand that Krishna said that "One should surrender to God who is manifested in many forms, who is the self of all, and ruler of universe"

Shiva is compared to Yogurt and Vishnu to Milk. And some people are even claiming that Shiva cannot grant Moksha and Krishna alone can do it. Foolish!

Isn't it our religion that accepted all the faiths as valid? Then, why this shunning of others beliefs by some people? Why can't we understand that Ishwara(Brahman with qualities) is the one who is Vishnu or Brahman or Shiva? That which some call Narayana is called by others as ParamaShiva and by some others as Brahman. We claim that one Source exclusively belonging to our sects and religions! What a wrong thing to do!

Na Deva Pundareekaksho Na Cha Deva Trilochana
    Na Devo Deharupihi Na Deva Chittarupadruk
    Akrutrimam Anadyantam Devanam Deva Ucchyate.

The Lotus–eyed (Vishnu) is not the Deity. The tree-eyed (Shiva) is also not the Deity. For, the Deity is not incarnate in the body; nor is the Deity of the form of the mind. The splendour which is not artificial and which is without beginning and end is called the Deity.

2nd Shloka, (Sanskrit shloka is not given):

For those who have not known the essential nature of the deity, the worship of the form and the like has been prescribed. To one who is incapable of (travelling) a distance of one Yojana (eight miles) a distance of one kosa (two miles) have been prescribed.

-------------------------------------------Yoga Vashistam

Re: Shiva Dwesha

Shiva Keshava are one. Isn't this a fact?

I think it is a human tendency to put God into a box and claim that only our box is the right box.

But what kind of God allows himself to be limited by the imaginings of men?

Does a fish know anything about the water in which he swims? Does a letter know anything about the page upon which it is written? As a man utters a claim about the supreme - it is, by default, wide of the truth.

The supreme consciousness is much closer to us than our opinions and thoughts - it is there when they are gone. Closer to us that either our heart beat or our breath - it is there when they are gone.

What need we say about our ego and all the things we imagine ourselves to be?

Namaste

Vishnusya Hridayam Shivah,
    Shivasya Hridayam Vishnuh.

A story (said to be true incident) -- a rich man wanted to make golden armour (kavacha) for Lord Pundalika at Pandharapur. The best available jeweler was a devotee of Shiva never wanted to see a deity of Vishnu, hence refused. After long persuasion he agreed to tie his eyes with a cloth and touch and feel to take the measurement of the deity. When he was taken infront of idol of Lord Pandharapur. He started touching the deity to feel shape. But the shape he could really feel was Lord Shiva’s Linga Swarupa. He opened his eyes but it was Lord Pundalik. He immediately closed his eyes started touching the idol but again he was having the same experience. Then he realized that there is no difference between any Gods..

Sri

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,

Ekam sad, vipra bahudha vadanti - RSi dirghatamas, Rig Veda I.164.46
    truth is one, sages call it variously.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Haro Hara

AFAIK there is know difference in Hari or Hara .

I visit ISCKON temple every week ( the closest temple ) , one day the visiting GURU was preaching that " do not pray to demi-Gods like Shiva, pray to Krishna The god", i just laughed and left, i still visit the temple.

AUm NamaH Shivayah

This has been the case with ISKCON. People are encouraged that Shiva is just nothing before Krishna, and Shiva cannot give Moksha. What can we say? They are spiritually inferior to many people.

People cannot distinguish between God, he is the one ultimate call him Krishna or Shiva, he will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by bhargavsai View Post
    he is the one ultimate call him Krishna or Shiva, he will be there.
    well said bro..

Shiva is also a devotee of Krsna- he meditates on him and protects Vrindavana.

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    Shiva is also a devotee of Krsna- he meditates on him and protects Vrindavana.
    Yes Shiva is a devotee of Krishna, and Even Krishna is a devotee of Shiva. Try to see Shaivic texts they will glorify Shiva as Supreme. And Vaishnavic texts glorify Krishna as supreme.

So both are equal. That is the main point.

Thread Information