Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rama, Sita & Lakshmana...

Cool Rama, Sita & Lakshmana...

Re: Rama, Sita & Lakshmana...

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste Arjuna,
    I see your point.

A most wonderful picture...always find the good - note Sri Ram wears the marks of Siva!
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    A most wonderful picture...always find the good - note Sri Ram wears the marks of Siva!
    Yes, i have seen that

BTW acc to Mahabharata Krishna was initiated into Pashupatism, i. e. he also was a Shaiva.

Aum Namah Shivaya, Arjuna.

What exactly are you trying to say by posting this picture?

Namaste Arjuna.

Please post the source link of this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Baobobtree View Post
    Aum Namah Shivaya, Arjuna.

What exactly are you trying to say by posting this picture?
    He is trying to justify his non-vegetarianism.

2 Saidevo: I wonder why U cannot check it Urself, it's very easy in every web-browser. Anyway, please: http://images.exoticindiaart.com/hin...orest_hc42.jpg

2 Dhruva: I don't need to justify my non-vegetarianism that too with Vaishnava pictures, since neither Veda nor Shaiva-agama prohibit meat. But some people here wondered when i said once that both Rama and Krishna were meat-eaters. This is to justify THIS point, which is in perfect accordance with Hindu tradition.

Namaste Arjuna.

Thanks for the link, but one snag. Though this specific picture link is accessible from my system in India, for the parent links including the http://images.exoticindiaart.com/ or its homepage, I only get the message "This Site is currently unavailable..." Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Though this specific picture link is accessible from my system in India, for the parent links including the http://images.exoticindiaart.com/ or its homepage, I only get the message "This Site is currently unavailable..." Did I miss anything?
    Yes, the homepage is returning an error. Moreover, who is the artist of this great picture ? What is its authenticity ?

I don't need to justify my non-vegetarianism that too with Vaishnava pictures, since neither Veda nor Shaiva-agama prohibit meat. But some people here wondered when i said once that both Rama and Krishna were meat-eaters. This is to justify THIS point, which is in perfect accordance with Hindu tradition.
    Dear Arjuna,

I wonder why you are so deperate to show what is in line with Hinduism & what is not, when you are not a Hindu ? You cannot understand Hinduism in this manner. Finding one line from one text & the other from other text will only confuse you & the others. The Augadhs are Hindus too. They spent their nights in the cremation ground & eat flesh of the dead. So, all Hindus should do the same ? BTW, they are Shaivas. You claim to be Shaiva too (a shaiva who is not a HIndu !). Why don't you start eating corpses just like them ?

Why am I writing this ? You are violating the basic principle which all Hindus observe. Everything is divine for Hindus. There is nothing which is right or wrong in absolute sense. However, a certain thing will be correct for one path & may be totally unacceptable for the other path. Hindus will accept both the paths with full respect. Please don't try to see it with the eyes of a Christian or a Muslim.

You are hurting those Hindus who are strict vegetarians & consider eating meat as next to crime. The worst thing in Hinduism is to hurt other's sentiments. And I am sorry to say that this is what I find you doing all the time on different forums. I am not saying that Rama didn't eat meat or he ate meat. There is nothing mentioned in Ramayana regarding his being a non-vegetarian. Though, I believe that he might be eating meat otherwise it would have been difficult for him to go for killing golden antelope just for its skin, but that is just an extrapolation. Why to hurt other's sentiments ?

The picture you have posted cannot have been drawn by Maharishi Valmiki or anyone from his period. Or is it ? Moreover, even if it is proved that Rama was a meat eater, how is it spiritually helpful to you or anyone here on this forum ?

You mentioned Krishna too. Where did you find that Krishna was a meat eater ? Please enlighten me.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Namaste Arjuna.

Thanks for the link, but one snag. Though this specific picture link is accessible from my system in India, for the parent links including the http://images.exoticindiaart.com/ or its homepage, I only get the message "This Site is currently unavailable..." Did I miss anything?
    http://www.exoticindiaart.com/

Everything's working, no probs. Try.

Thread Information