Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darshan of Lord Shiva.

Post deleted.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakta of God
    Some months ago I knew a truthful Sri Vaishnava in internet.He had many times the vision of Lord Hanuman.He recites daily Ramayana under Lord Hanuman's request.
    Of course if you consider puranas as mythology is very obvious that you will use "occult termes" like "Shiva-darshana is Shiva-consciousness"
    Namaste,

If U are interested in visions, LSD is a faster way than mantra-japa!
    But this kind of experiences are games of mind only and have nothing to do with the spiritual path.
    However, U may try — don't think i stop U (i hope this allows me not to entertain any further arguement).

For a note, Consciousness is not an "occult term."

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Namaste,

If U are interested in visions, LSD is a faster way than mantra-japa!
    But this kind of experiences are games of mind only and have nothing to do with the spiritual path.
    However, U may try — don't think i stop U (i hope this allows me not to entertain any further arguement).

For a note, Consciousness is not an "occult term."
    Namaste.
    Shri Arjuna,please note that if a deity show him/her-self to an human-being,this means that the deity is very pleased with his/her bhakta.
    And then if I will have the darshan o deity I will can ask personally him or her to give me a boon.Hiranyakasipu,Ravana and Kumbabharna had direct vision of deities like Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva.
    Dhruva Maharaja had the darshan of Lord Vishnu.
    However a Sri vaishnava in this forum told me that after I will recite 960 crores (millions times) the word Rama,I will have the darshan of Lord Rama.
    And then before this,do Rama-Nama will gradually destroy my bad karma and so it will remove the obstacles of my life.

About LSD...I am talking about a true vision!!!Not an artificial vision!!

I am afraid that this doesn'tallow you not to entertain any further arguement. :cool:

Regards,
    Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    Ma Parvati can not see a soul suffering and sometimes out of grace or for reasons unknown to us convinces Bhagwan shiva to have mercy on the poor soul. Like she did in my case...
    Namaste all.
    Satay,please could you show scriptural evidence for this fact?

Regards,
    Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Namaste,

4. It is considered that one has to repeat mantra that number of lakshas (100000) as many letters are in it.
    But in fact, grace of the Lord and Guru and one's devotion is the key, and not mechanical number of repetitions (which may work only with occult mantras of kashudra-devatas).
    Well,if Rama-Nama was a mantra I should do it only 400.000 times instead 960.000.000 times.But Rama-nama isn't a mantra,isn'it?

Regards,
    Orlando.

Namaste all.
    Satay,please could you show scriptural evidence for this fact?

Regards,
    Orlando.
    namaste orlando,

I didn't get this "fact" from a scripture. I got it from personal experience. But it might be in some scripture I have no intention of finding it for you.
    satay

By reading hindu scriptures I founde obvious that Lord Shiva doesn't care if one needs a boon of not.

Regards,
    Orlando.
    What?!
    satay

Namaste all.
    I will can obtain Lord Rama'vision only after I will do Rama-nama 960 millions times!!!
    What do you mean by Rama's vision? Whom do you think Rama is? Are you expecting to see something you see on the photo? And is this really seeing in the normal sense?

Anyway, if you are going to count these numbers you are never going to find Rama that way. Counting forces you to concentrate on the count rather than on the mantra or God. So never count and let God do the rest!

By reading some puranic stories and other hindu scriptures,I saw that it is very much easier to receive boons from Lord Shiva than Lord Vishnu.Lord Shiva give boons even to demons like Ravana and Hiranyakasipu.In one of the ages instead of Brahma was Shiva that blessed Hiranyakasipu.This is write in Padma Purana,if I am not wrong.
    It is true that Lord Shiva is pleased easily, but have you figured out what happens to those who got the ill deserved boons? They usually are killed by Vishnu later on. Asuras are hunted by Shiva and Vishnu in pairs, one giving some great boons that lead them to disaster and the other making short work of the Asura who has degenerated due to the boons.

Lord Shiva doesn't care if someone really needs a boon,but Lord Vishnu does.Lord Vishnu would have never blessed Ravana by giving him one of his weapons.The wicked demon Ravana was a great devote of Lord Shiva.
    I want to obtain all the siddhis descripted in the third chapter of Yoga-sutra's Patanjali.I want become a powerful siddhi-yogi like Durvasa Muni and Visvamitra.
    No one who wanted siddhis ever got them. Siddhis come to those who have conquered their desires and senses. Some Yogis loose their way afterwards, but no one can get them if the desires are there in the beginning.

In the "Book of Krishna" Srila Prabhupada says that Lord Shiva is always very mercyful toward the people who practice austerities.
    My questiosn:how many times do I must recite Om Namah Shivaya in order to have the darshan (vision) of Lord Shiva?
    Regards,
    Orlando.
    And what are you expecting to "see"? The knowledge of tattvams is technically called the vision of Saguna Brahma. Yes, it is possible to have visions(with the eye) like you imagine but they are in the lower plane. God vision is beyond human eyes - it is more related to raise in consciouness rather than on physical visions.

Namaste Shri Truthseeker.
    Don't worry!Generally I don't count how many times I recite Rama-nama.I just recite continually.
    You wrote:"It is true that Lord Shiva is pleased easily, but have you figured out what happens to those who got the ill deserved boons?"
    Unlink Ravana,I am not a wicked being.I will not use siddhis to hurt others.
    You wrote:"No one who wanted siddhis ever got them. Siddhis come to those who have conquered their desires and senses. Some Yogis loose their way afterwards, but no one can get them if the desires are there in the beginning."
    Well,I don't mean to obtain siddhis by praticing Raja-yoga but by worshipping a deity.
    You wrote:"And what are you expecting to "see"? The knowledge of tattvams is technically called the vision of Saguna Brahma. Yes, it is possible to have visions(with the eye) like you imagine but they are in the lower plane. God vision is beyond human eyes - it is more related to raise in consciouness rather than on physical visions."

Well,I am not an advaitin.So I don't believe that there is nirguna Brahman and Saguna Brahman.For me Lord Vishnu,who is a personal God, is the supreme reality.
    Now I have to go.Hope to read your reply tomorrow.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Well,I don't mean to obtain siddhis by praticing Raja-yoga but by worshipping a deity.
    They are one and the same! If the object is obtaining siddhis it does not matter if yoiu worship avidya or vidya, manifest or unmanifest.

Well,I am not an advaitin.So I don't believe that there is nirguna Brahman and Saguna Brahman.For me Lord Vishnu,who is a personal God, is the supreme reality.
    Not a problem. Even with your defintions, vision of Vishnu cannot be a vision in the ordinary sense. Read Bhagavad Gita, and it will be clear that Arjuna is given a divine eye even for Vishva Darshana. So, Turiya darshana even according to your sampradaya should be well beyond the human eye.

I do not know why you brought the subject of NB here. That is quite irrelevant to me - I do not think NB and SB are any different. If you think of NB, it becomes SB in your mind. SB exists only in the mind and thoughts.

Regarding a personal God, I certainly dont beleive in some diety sitting somewhere in the sky and creating the world and people.

Thread Information