Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Darshan of Lord Shiva.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakta of God
    Namaste all.
    Satay,please could you show scriptural evidence for this fact?

Regards,
    Orlando.
    Proof is there in the Kena Upanishad - 3rd and 4th chapter. While all devas fails, it is only Durga Matha who shows the way to Brahman.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Namaste,

If U are interested in visions, LSD is a faster way than mantra-japa!
    But this kind of experiences are games of mind only and have nothing to do with the spiritual path.
    However, U may try — don't think i stop U (i hope this allows me not to entertain any further arguement).

For a note, Consciousness is not an "occult term."
    Many easy ways to accomplish this - grab a bottle or inject a syringe.

But you should note that Brahman can reveal himself in so many ways - there is no limit to that. Conscious related visions are those that happen to qualified Yogis, rest experience God only thorugh means possible through the senses.

Usually though dreams, when human ego is at its low, God can be experienced. When we are awake, the little ego inside you will shut out God in totality. If you can conquer this ego and become pure hearted visions of God in gross forms(visible to human eye) are possible. With advancement in purity and Yoga, God is accessed in subtle forms beyond the senses. With further advancement, it is experienced in causal forms. Only beyond this, is the true nature of the Self is known, which is of the nature of pure consciousness and bliss.

It seems you have the habit of taking all God experiences to the identification with Brahman. That is well beyond the reach of most human beings. Such realizations are a rarity.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker
    Regarding a personal God, I certainly dont beleive in some diety sitting somewhere in the sky and creating the world and people.
    In such personal god none who has got at least some degree of true understanding believes!

However, God does encompass both personal and impersonal, for these two exist in His one Consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    In such personal god none who has got at least some degree of true understanding believes!

However, God does encompass both personal and impersonal, for these two exist in His one Consciousness.
    No objections. I am very much for a personal God to the extent it matches logical reasoning. But most such views are completely against what we see in practice - they call God as all merciful and all loving yet no answers to all the countless incarnations of miseries we have undergone. It is obvious that reality is different. That is why I favour the hide and seek theory( if Creation is taken as a reality). Brahman just divided himself into many by his own Maya, and the objective of each jiva is to locate Brahman. It appears that Brahman is damn serious about this game that no jiva is given any short cuts. And that is why we are required to work for liberation and it does not come running after us, which it should be if the personal God is all merciful and all loving.

The being in the sky theory is what many people in the world seem to beleive. In any case those who deny Brahman being the material causalty of the world have to accept that in some way.

Arrow

Namaste TS,

But you should note that Brahman can reveal himself in so many ways - there is no limit to that. Conscious related visions are those that happen to qualified Yogis, rest experience God only thorugh means possible through the senses.
    Well, i do not say God cannot reveal Himself in a form. But i see the very methodology described by the author of initial question as erroneous

Usually though dreams, when human ego is at its low, God can be experienced. When we are awake, the little ego inside you will shut out God in totality. If you can conquer this ego and become pure hearted visions of God in gross forms (visible to human eye) are possible. With advancement in purity and Yoga, God is accessed in subtle forms beyond the senses. With further advancement, it is experienced in causal forms. Only beyond this, is the true nature of the Self is known, which is of the nature of pure consciousness and bliss.
    1. It is impossible and ridiculous to attempt to "conquer" the ego. Who is a "conquerer" then? Ego fights against itself, this is simply damageful for psycic (and has nothing to do with Yoga).

2. It is easier to realise God as Consciousness, since it is always (every moment) Present and accessible. The Self is not "beyond" only, it is right here and now.

It seems you have the habit of taking all God experiences to the identification with Brahman. That is well beyond the reach of most human beings. Such realizations are a rarity.
    I do not believe in a god as some fellow with a trident and a bow

In a practical for us sense God is not Brahman but Shakti (in fact the two are One Reality alone). Shakti-jnana leads to Shiva-anubhava.

That is why I favour the hide and seek theory (if Creation is taken as a reality). Brahman just divided himself into many by his own Maya, and the objective of each jiva is to locate Brahman. It appears that Brahman is damn serious about this game that no jiva is given any short cuts. And that is why we are required to work for liberation and it does not come running after us, which it should be if the personal God is all merciful and all loving.
    This resembles a theory of Lurianic Kabbalah (of Judaism)... :cool:

Smile Re: Darshan of Lord Shiva.

Hi Orlando,

Even the worst sinner would get corrected and get to the glorious states if he chants this Sadakshari (Om Namaha Shivaya) mantra piously. If you chant it for 5 Crore Jap it will help you attain Shiva Loka - Shiva Mahapuran 13 Crore Jap you will have Darshan of Shiva in physical form - Swami Sivananda

Best,
    Sai
    Last edited by saisiddi282012; 12 December 2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Added source

Re: Darshan of Lord Shiva.

That sounds unnecessary. Are you saying you are supposed to recite a mantra almost one billion times to reach God Hood?

Sorry for the short reply, that is all I have to say now for now.

Thread Information