Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upanishads - where to start?

Re: Upanishads - where to start?

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by saidevo
    Namaste Sarabhanga,

Many thanks for a prompt reply. Since I am yet to become Sanskrit-literate, I think I shall start with the English dissertations of Swami Krishnananda at http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/
    Hello and Namaste.
    your recommendation is excellent as Krishnananda is insightful and writes well. I have read his discourse and found them delightful... I also read the Upanishads from Sivananda. He also is an excellent sadhu-teacher and speaks no dooubt from his personal experiences.
    I have found I 'study' them verses read them from Krishnanda and Sivananda. there are so many ways to enjoy and describe the Truth.
    Let me add one more reading that has advanced my undersanding of these great works... Lights on the Upanishads by TV Kapali Sastry.

The knowlege of the vidya's coupled with various pratika upasana advances one thinking and appreciation of Bhuma ( Brahman).

sarvam khalvidyam brahma - all this is Brahman - Chandogya Upanishad

pranams,

Re: Upanishads - where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan
    Let me add one more reading that has advanced my undersanding of these great works... Lights on the Upanishads by TV Kapali Sastry.
    Searching for any online works of Sri Kapali Sastry, I chanced on this link, which features selections from Aurobindo, Mother, N.K.Gupta, M.P.Pandit and Kapali Sastry:

http://www.odinring.de/eng/english.htm

Thread Information