Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Appreciation for all faiths

Re: Appreciation for all faiths

Quote Originally Posted by chandu_69 View Post
    Allah revealed quran so that islam prevails over all other religions.That is the statement from quran.

quran:
    9:33
    P: He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.

repeated in 48:28
    He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion.
    That is true for those who have no faith in one's own faith. God/Self is full and faith on that fullness is sufficient. Shiva/Krishna indeed says those who submit to me are taken care of. But He also says that demons, whose hearts are hard are thrown again and again lower into hell.

Those who have no faith in fullness of Pragnya Ghana, do not know that it is Pragnya Ghana that is this Universe. It is not another that slays. It is the Self that slays the unbeliever. If one were to read scripture with good will and without intention to pick up selective verses with divisive mind, will surely find these teachings in any scripture.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    It is not another that slays. It is the Self that slays the unbeliever. If one were to read scripture with good will and without intention to pick up selective verses with divisive mind, will surely find these teachings in any scripture.
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Oh, the Slaying.I avoided it till know but i have no option now.

Well, the quran says prophet and muslims should slay the unbelievers unless the worship Allah and Allah Alone.

Y: Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.

Who are to be fought?

it is given explicitly here

09.029: Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Is this slaying actually real?

More help in verse:

8:12 I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off.

The Tafsirs will make it clear what is already obvious.http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...1587&Itemid=64

If one were to read scripture with good will and without intention to pick up selective verses with divisive mind, will surely find these teachings in any scripture.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Surely the best person to explain quran is prophet muhammad himself.One cannot surmise that Muhammad was lacking in good will.

Here is the quote from Muhammad;

Sahih Bukhari, Book 2: Belief
    Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24:
    Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
    Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle...

If one were to read scripture with good will and without intention to pick up selective verses with divisive mind, will surely find these teachings in any scripture.

Om Namah Shivaya
    If I recall accurately, the OP has some selected sayings of Mo. Now you are complaining when more parts of koran are given. You want NOW to drag every other scripture into disrepute. Had you been honest you should have done that in OP itself.
    Surely the best person to explain quran is prophet muhammad himself.One cannot surmise that Muhammad was lacking in good will.

Here is the quote from Muhammad;

Sahih Bukhari, Book 2: Belief
    Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24:
    Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
    Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle...
    Looks like Atanu's goose is cooked by islam too.

Pranam Atanu ji

That is true for those who have no faith in one's own faith. God/Self is full and faith on that fullness is sufficient. Shiva/Krishna indeed says those who submit to me are taken care of. But He also says that demons, whose hearts are hard are thrown again and again lower into hell.

Om Namah Shivaya

I have read no such account in Gita to suggest that one would go to hell purely because one does not believe in Krishna.

As to why some are destine for hell then this is the reason as below and not any other reason

Chapter 16, Verse 21.
    There are three gates leading to this hell--lust, anger and greed. Every sane man should give these up, for they lead to the degradation of the soul.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam Atanu ji

I have read no such account in Gita to suggest that one would go to hell purely because one does not believe in Krishna.
    Namaste Ganeshprasad ji,

What? Shri Krishna indeed says that the demonic, whose heart is hard is thrown again and again lower into hell.

As to why some are destine for hell then this is the reason as below and not any other reason

Chapter 16, Verse 21.
    There are three gates leading to this hell--lust, anger and greed. Every sane man should give these up, for they lead to the degradation of the soul.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Yes. This what is known as the effect of shaitan (ego) in men.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by rcscwc View Post
    If I recall accurately, the OP has some selected sayings of Mo. Now you are complaining when more parts of koran are given. You want NOW to drag every other scripture into disrepute. Had you been honest you should have done that in OP itself.

Looks like Atanu's goose is cooked by islam too.
    Namaste RC,

I had also said something about 'divisive' intention that you forget.

Om Namah Shivaya

Oh, the Slaying.I avoided it till know but i have no option now.
    Well, the quran says prophet and muslims should slay the unbelievers unless the worship Allah and Allah Alone.
    Namaste chandu,

Your 'no option' ultimatum is good but I expected a little more patience and introspection, unless you have made up your mind.

Allah is not one god and Shiva another. Such division are in parochial immature minds only. The following verse says what Allah is.

2.255":Allah is He besides Whom there is no god, the Everliving, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist; slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep; whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is the Most High, the Great.

"2.256":There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

It is true that anyone who limits God does harm to his own self, because then he abides in ego (shaitan). Abiding in ego, which is ignorance (error) surely leads to death -- which is fire.

On the other hand:

"2.62": Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

"72.13": And that when we heard the guidance, we believed in it; so whoever believes in his Lord, he should neither fear loss nor being overtaken (by disgrace):

Please remember what Allah is, as defined in 2.255 above. Imagine now Vishnu showing His Virat rupa to Arjuna. Virat rupa fire in which all the sinners were being dragged in. Replace Allah with Rudra or just Lord.

Please do not go by the surface names. On the other hand, is God the punisher? No.

"6.104":Indeed there have come to you clear proofs from your Lord; whoever will therefore see, it is for his own soul and whoever will be blind, it shall be against himself and I am not a keeper over you.

45.15":Whoever does good, it is for his own soul, and whoever does evil, it is against himself; then you shall be brought back to your -- Lord

On the other hand, killing is definitely prohibited:

"6.151":  Say: Come I will recite what your Lord has forbidden to you -- (remember) that you do not associate anything with Him and show kindness to your parents, and do not slay your children for (fear of) poverty -- We provide for you and for them -- and do not draw nigh to indecencies, those of them which are apparent and those which are concealed, and do not kill the soul, which Allah has forbidden except for the requirements of justice; this He has enjoined you with that you may understand.

Further, the advaita knowledge:

"6.98":And He it is Who has brought you into being from a single soul, then there is (for you) a resting-place and a depository; indeed We have made plain the communications for a people who understand.

"31.28":Neither your creation nor your raising is anything but as a single soul; surely Allah is Hearing, Seeing.

Further:

"41.54":Now surely they are in doubt as to the meeting of their Lord; now surely He encompasses all things.

And the final blow

"2.44":What! do you enjoin men to be good and neglect your own souls while you read the Book; have you then no sense?

--------------------------------------

Faith in one's own Lord as the fullness, as besides Whom there is no god (one without a second), the Everliving (the life force), the Self-subsisting (needing no support) by Whom all subsist (the support for all); slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep (slumberless Rudra); whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is the Most High, the Great.

such a faith will not allow any loss.

-----------------------------------------------------

But anyone believing Krishna or Shiva to be sectarian and partial are harming themselves.

Om Namah Shivaya

"2.4":And who believe in that which has been revealed to you and that which was revealed before you and they are sure of the hereafter.

So, Koran does not throw away the prior revelations.

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste
    I expected a little more patience and introspection, unless you have made up your mind

Patience is important especially when you are dealing with a serious theological subject.No disagreement there.Bad are assumptions made before serious examination.

"2.4":And who believe in that which has been revealed to you and that which was revealed before you and they are sure of the hereafter.

So, Koran does not throw away the prior revelations.

Quran did throw away prior revelations later(I.e. chapter 9 being the last chapter). Besides the previous revelations mentioned are Abrahamic scriptures as you can see in the same chapter

Y: And He taught Adam the names of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the names of these if ye are right."

Chapter 2 concentrates on Jews and their scriptures.

Now, coming to the point why how previous scriptures are thrown away the reference is

013.039 : Allah doth blot out or confirm what He pleaseth: with Him is the Mother of the Book.

"Mother of book" i.e. Quran

And why only islam(as told by Muhammad) is acceptable is given in next chapter:

03.085 : If anyone desires a religion other than Islam never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).

Those who discuss quranic verses are to be aware of The chronology of quran because the later verses cancel out earlier verses like
    there is no compulsion in religion...

Thread Information