Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OSHO

OSHO

This thread is dedicated to my favourite teacher of all time...OSHO
    Last edited by satay; 18 December 2007 at 09:41 AM.
    satay

SONG OF GOD

We are all different songs of the same singer,
    different gestures of the same dancer.

Each being is a song of God: unique, individual, incomparable, unrepeatable, but still coming from the same source. Each song has its own flavor, its own beauty, its own music, its own melody, but the singer is the same. We are all different songs of the same singer, different gestures of the same dancer.

To start feeling it is meditation. These conflicts disappear, jealousies disappear, and violence is unthinkable because there is nobody other than our own reflections all over the wolrd. If we belong to the same source, just like all the waves of the ocean, then what is the point of conflict, competition, feeling superior or inferior, and all that nonsense? Nobody is superior and nobody is inferior: everybody is simply just himself or herself.

Each being is a flux, a constant change, a river flowing. Heraclitus says that you can not step in the same river twice. And I say to you , you can not step in the same river even once, because the river is constantly flowing. And the river represents life.

source: Everyday
    Last edited by satay; 03 June 2006 at 01:39 PM.
    satay

Forgiving your parents

To forgive one’s parents is one of the most difficult things,
    because they have given birth to you – how can you forgive them?

Unless you start loving yourself, unless you come to a state in which you are thrilled by your being – how can you thank your parents? It is impossible. You will be angry – they have given birth to you, and they didn’t even ask you first. They have created this horrible person. Why should you suffer because they decided to give birth to a child? You were not a party to it. Why have you been dragged into this world? Hence the rage.

If you come to a point where you love yourself, where you feel really ecstatic that you are, where your gratefulness knows no limitation, then suddenly you feel great love arising for your parents. They have been the doors for you to enter into existence. Without them this ecstasy would not have been possible – they have made it possible.

If you can celebrate your being – then suddenly you can feel gratitude for your parents, for their compassion, their love. You can not only feel grateful, you also forgive them.

Source: Everyday

I think OSHO finally figured out why hinduism places parents above GOD! It is said that seva to your parents is the same as seva to GOD.

OM
    satay

Re: Forgiving your parents

Namaste Satay,

What is the philosophy of OSHO? Did he propound any concrete philosophy or rather wrote books on variouse topics of spirituality?

I have no knowledge of his works, but remember him to be a person in news for controvery around sex and other stuff in his ashrams - can u shed more light on these things - it will help to clear some misunderstandings in my mind and likes. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSHO
    If you come to a point where you love yourself, where you feel really ecstatic that you are, where your gratefulness knows no limitation, then suddenly you feel great love arising for your parents.
    I try to feel everyday that I'm not ~ it is easier to forgive anybody that way, not just parents.

I'm getting more buddhist these days ... but buddhism is just one step short of the absoute monism and shaktibad ... so it's OK I guess. Sorry a bit out of the way.

Post Re: Forgiving your parents

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Singhi Kaya
    What is the philosophy of OSHO? Did he propound any concrete philosophy or rather wrote books on variouse topics of spirituality?
    There is nothing like a "philosophy of Osho", but to put in a word his teaching may be called "Awareness&Freedom". Essentially it is very similar to Tantric doctrine or Advaita of Nisargadatta and Ramesh Bhalshekhar.

Osho never wrote any books. He gave speechs and that was recorded and typed in a form of books we know.

I have no knowledge of his works, but remember him to be a person in news for controvery around sex and other stuff in his ashrams - can u shed more light on these things - it will help to clear some misunderstandings in my mind and likes. Thanks
    Many people hated Osho, for his was not afraid to speak sincerely and loved Truth.

Namaste Satay,

What is the philosophy of OSHO?
    He has none! if you read a bunch of his books you will find out for yourself what I mean.

Did he propound any concrete philosophy or rather wrote books on variouse topics of spirituality?
    I think Arjuna is correct. He didn't write any books he gave lectures.

I have no knowledge of his works,
    Well then my friend you have been missing something in this life...

but remember him to be a person in news for controvery around sex and other stuff in his ashrams - can u shed more light on these things - it will help to clear some misunderstandings in my mind and likes. Thanks
    he was hated by a lot of people: christians banned his books, vatican hated him, US hated him, Indians hated him.

From what little I know of his teachings it appears that he didn't believe in any religion at all and believed that all religions have caused much trouble in the world and a man is good without belonging to any religion. He was not an atheist though I find that he is more of an advaitin.

I do not agree to everything he has to say but his lectures that I have read are out of this world. If you get your hands on any of his books especially in india...grab it and start reading...but beware he might turn you into an atheist or you might start hating him if you don't read with an open mind. You have to have strong faith in the hindu dharma if it is shakeable then shake he will do easily!
    satay

Kool ... I'm already an atheist as I don't believe in personal gods
    We have a stall set outside the office with OSHO's books ~ coincidence? lol

Re: OSHO

Go on discarding; not this, not this (neti neti),
    and ultimately when nothing remains to be discarded -
    then the explosion happens.
    Do not cling to anything, to any thought.

Go on and on until the nothingness.

A cup ot tea - OSHO
    satay

Re: OSHO

Man asks questions and then answers them himself.
    Nothing is answered in this way.
    But man is capable of deceiving himself -
    and the whole of philosophy
    is nothing but such a deception.
    Man asks: What is mind?
    And then answers himself: Not matter?
    And then asks: What is matter?
    And then answers: Not mind?
    And this stupid game goes on.

A cup of tea - OSHO
    satay

Thread Information