Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dream about a snake

dream about a snake

I dreamt that I was with someone just outside my room, and we were waiting for a snake to appear? We knew it may not appear but if it did it was a good thing. After sometime the person that was with me saw a snake. When I looked, it was very long and laying on the ground as if sleeping with his face to the floor. I left something for it to taste not sure what I left for it. It then tasted it and started moving towards me. Followed me into my room and I sat on top of my bed. Then [somehow i knew to do this] i had a glass of milk so i put it down a little towards it and it drank some for a second.. then it started coming up towards me on the bed. That is where i got scared and woke up from my dream. The snake was thin never raised it's hood, was doing as i expected and following me calmly but when it started to come towards me on the bed I got worried and a bit scared it was dark grey in colour

I've not seen any programmes about snakes and I don't remember having a conversation about them recently. The only significance is that I started the 16 monday fast for Lord Shiva 2 days ago. Had this dream and woke at around 5am wed morning. I assume it's a good thing? Please can someone tell me what it all means.

Re: dream about a snake

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by mystery View Post
    I've not seen any programmes about snakes and I don't remember having a conversation about them recently. The only significance is that I started the 16 monday fast for Lord Shiva 2 days ago. Had this dream and woke at around 5am wed morning. I assume it's a good thing? Please can someone tell me what it all means.
    Namaste mystery,
    We have reviewed some of these ideas in the following post:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...ghlight=snakes

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Jigar Guest

:enthuleku:

That is a very interesting dream. My most inauspicious dream of a snake went like this: (included is an image i made up from the dream ) This happened 5 years ago like yesterday.

:Antuleka:

HI

Thank you for your replies.

But I have already looked at this past post but it doesn't make any sense to me. I would just like to know if my specific dream is good? and if I should still carry on with my somvar vrat? It seems to me as if I am being visited by something good.. the dream was not negative and I felt good afterwards. I would just like to know what the meaning is of this dream.

Everyones dreams are different. You can not give the same answer for each one.

Thanks

Namaste.

I would just like to know if my specific dream is good? and if I should still carry on with my somvar vrat? It seems to me as if I am being visited by something good.. the dream was not negative and I felt good afterwards. I would just like to know what the meaning is of this dream.

Everyones dreams are different. You can not give the same answer for each one.
    Since you felt 'good afterwards', the dream must have come up for good. IMHO, in such matters, you are the best judge. Since Shiva has given you the dream, Shiva will guide you as to its meaning, pray to Him. A Guru can be of great help in such cases, however.

i had a glass of milk so i put it down a little towards it and it drank some for a second.. then it started coming up towards me on the bed. That is where i got scared and woke up from my dream.
    In my dreams the snake is symbolic of the Kundalini power, that is at once blissful and terrifying. The milk represents the white drop which abides at the crown chakra, which you offered to the serpent to drink.
    You fear the serpent, as it represents the annihilation of ego and no one ever said that was easy.

pranam,
    my wife is seeing back to back dreams of snakes. 1St she saw there is a king cobra. Who is lying beside her bed with our elder daughter. She is afraid of it and screams for help. But when some one comes for her help. The snake vanishes. But when they goes out of the bed room. It appears again.
    Dream of day two.
    she is now with both daughters. And sleeping the full room is full of snakes. There is not a single space which is not covered by snakes. She is dreaming in her dreams that I am wakin her up. But she is not getting up by saying that al over the place there are snakes. I am not beleiving her. But when she is constantly saying this. I see them. There is one place in the corner where these snakes dont go. Everyone says its because of shiv kripa. So everone here prays and chants om namah shivay.
    OM NAMAH BHAGWATEY RUDRA

Talking Re: dream about a snake

I dreamt that I was with someone just outside my room, and we were waiting for a snake to appear? We knew it may not appear but if it did it was a good thing. After sometime the person that was with me saw a snake. When I looked, it was very long and laying on the ground as if sleeping with his face to the floor. I left something for it to taste not sure what I left for it. It then tasted it and started moving towards me. Followed me into my room and I sat on top of my bed. Then [somehow i knew to do this] i had a glass of milk so i put it down a little towards it and it drank some for a second.. then it started coming up towards me on the bed. That is where i got scared and woke up from my dream. The snake was thin never raised it's hood, was doing as i expected and following me calmly but when it started to come towards me on the bed I got worried and a bit scared it was dark grey in colour

I was waiting with some implies u were waiting for a guru. the snake represents the kundalini power, it is currently sleeping within u waiting to be awekened, the milk is your devotion. The snake started towards ur bed implies that ur close to opening ur hidden kundalini powers. dark-grey is the color of kaali maa who is kundalini shakti mata herself. U will find the homely aboad of lord shiva, with the help of maata kaali, the kundalini snake. 5 am = Brahmi muhurtham = Auspisious time. Yes, it is a good thing. It is a good thing u asked. signed- a 17 year old devotee. Believe me if you want to.

I would just like to know if my specific dream is good? and if I should still carry on with my somvar vrat? It seems to me as if I am being visited by something good.. the dream was not negative and I felt good afterwards. I would just like to know what the meaning is of this dream.
    Namaste

Lord Shiva was pleased with you , obviously. Your starting the 16 Somvar for Him , the sankalpa itself pleased Him, so He sent His naag to bless you, a reciprocation. Made sure you feed him the milk.

It is a lot in the nature of Shiva to appear, Himself , when He is pleased with a devotee. Even with people who think themselves to be VaishNav, are devoted to KRSNa or VishNu, and don't even think of Shiva, Shiva is pleased with them , visits them and gives blessings. He is BholenAth.

So what to speak of His own devotees , that to performing 16 somvar for Him

Its very interesting to note that the snake entering the house could be Kundalini drinking milk of the sahasra chakra.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Vannakkam upsy:

This is just to explain a bit about the posts. The one you responded to, if you look at the date, was almost 2 years, back, and the poster has only made 2 posts. Given this information, it is unlikely you will get a reply. Just thought I'd point that out.

Having said that, I am glad you are reading through old posts, as many newcomers don't, and then we end up repeating the same discussion. But there is nothing wrong with bringing old discussions alive as you have. Sometimes new peoplle have new input, and ideas.

My opinion on snake dreams is "Who knows?" I am not one to go into very much dream interpretation. There is a lot of debate on such things, and I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions or think it has more meaning than it really does.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information