Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
My opinion on snake dreams is "Who knows?" I am not one to go into very much dream interpretation. There is a lot of debate on such things, and I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions or think it has more meaning than it really does.

Aum Namasivaya
Namaste

I agree. However, i wrote what i clearly think it was only because of such an obvious context. Mystery had just started a 16 somvar vrat for Shiva. Two days later the naag comes and drinks milk. Its not just a snake slithering into the room. He drinks milk, and the vrat , so to me it was the context in this case that made it clear.
If it were just a stand-alone dream where you see snakes then i certainly do not know what it is considered as. I do not bother about such things, but when its a sign clearly from the Lord, why should a devotee not see and embrace it ?

I might as well mention that less than 2 yrs ago i "saw" a snake enter our front door. It was open. Now, this wasn't a dream. I was awake, at 2 pm, in a room from where the front door is not visible. So, i viewed it, did not see it with the eyes. Immediately i knew it was Lord Shiva's, and that He had sent the naag to protect us, after a big storm. I don't know how i knew this. A few minutes later, "in a totally different location," Lord Shiva was visiting and i got Him some fruits and milk. Lord Shiva was the guest.

There was nothing in my mind about snakes or even Lord Shiva.