Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dream about a snake

Re: dream about a snake

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    My opinion on snake dreams is "Who knows?" I am not one to go into very much dream interpretation. There is a lot of debate on such things, and I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions or think it has more meaning than it really does.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste

I agree. However, i wrote what i clearly think it was only because of such an obvious context. Mystery had just started a 16 somvar vrat for Shiva. Two days later the naag comes and drinks milk. Its not just a snake slithering into the room. He drinks milk, and the vrat , so to me it was the context in this case that made it clear.
    If it were just a stand-alone dream where you see snakes then i certainly do not know what it is considered as. I do not bother about such things, but when its a sign clearly from the Lord, why should a devotee not see and embrace it ?

I might as well mention that less than 2 yrs ago i "saw" a snake enter our front door. It was open. Now, this wasn't a dream. I was awake, at 2 pm, in a room from where the front door is not visible. So, i viewed it, did not see it with the eyes. Immediately i knew it was Lord Shiva's, and that He had sent the naag to protect us, after a big storm. I don't know how i knew this. A few minutes later, "in a totally different location," Lord Shiva was visiting and i got Him some fruits and milk. Lord Shiva was the guest.

There was nothing in my mind about snakes or even Lord Shiva.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Vannakkam: smaranam:

Please don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to diminish anyone's interpretation. Each is entitled to their opinion, and as of right now I am in the personal process of probably (subject to some other's approval) setting up and establishing an outdoor Narmada Lingam shrine due to the sights of a couple of real snakes, and visions and thoughts of various devotees. Still I personally remain somewhat aloof to even 'clear' signs. I guess it has to do with attachment, and you are probably right regarding this. Too bad mystery stopped posting. Maybe we'd have a better sense of outcome as it was her dream, not yours or mine.

Aum Namasivaya

Vannakkam Eastern Mind

I do see your point, and in any case it is not wise to jump to conclusions.

Its wonderful that you are going to establish a Linga. This is how temples and shrines have been built, due to visions and guiding messages from the Lord.
    Once i saw (in the mind's eye) a humugous GaNapati (GaNesh) touching the sky, at a corner of a crossroad intersection. Much later, found out that place was considered the most accident-possibility-prone around the area. 4-5 direction traffic with no traffic light. His presence perhaps is the reason why the traffic flows smoothly.

Many temples in India have a similar story like yours. Sometimes Krshna appeared in the dream of a devotee giving them exact instructions of where to go, find what and how to establish a Temple of Him.
    One example is Jagnnath Temple at Puri , Orissa (I am writing this for other readers, Eastern Mind is a piligrim )

praNAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Arrow Re: dream about a snake

well, not all dreams habve real live meanings, but some do have a lot of hidden meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: smaranam:

Please don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to diminish anyone's interpretation. Each is entitled to their opinion, and as of right now I am in the personal process of probably (subject to some other's approval) setting up and establishing an outdoor Narmada Lingam shrine due to the sights of a couple of real snakes, and visions and thoughts of various devotees. Still I personally remain somewhat aloof to even 'clear' signs. I guess it has to do with attachment, and you are probably right regarding this. Too bad mystery stopped posting. Maybe we'd have a better sense of outcome as it was her dream, not yours or mine.

Aum Namasivaya
    Vanakkam Emji
    This is a common case and it is supposed to donate a pair of male female small silver snakes in a temple .
    In my knowledge, if you want to install a shivalingam , take the water flow direction towards North and then place the Nandi facing towards south at some distance from lingam and in a straight line .Puja called Pran pritishtha is necessary in case of fixing the idol in every case .

Vannakkam kd

Thanks for the advice. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it at all. Trust me, I'm sort of well connected with proper installation procedure etc. I have some very strong and competent advisers.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by mystery View Post
    I dreamt that I was with someone just outside my room, and we were waiting for a snake to appear? We knew it may not appear but if it did it was a good thing. After sometime the person that was with me saw a snake. When I looked, it was very long and laying on the ground as if sleeping with his face to the floor. I left something for it to taste not sure what I left for it. It then tasted it and started moving towards me. Followed me into my room and I sat on top of my bed. Then [somehow i knew to do this] i had a glass of milk so i put it down a little towards it and it drank some for a second.. then it started coming up towards me on the bed. That is where i got scared and woke up from my dream. The snake was thin never raised it's hood, was doing as i expected and following me calmly but when it started to come towards me on the bed I got worried and a bit scared it was dark grey in colour

I've not seen any programmes about snakes and I don't remember having a conversation about them recently. The only significance is that I started the 16 monday fast for Lord Shiva 2 days ago. Had this dream and woke at around 5am wed morning. I assume it's a good thing? Please can someone tell me what it all means.
    Seeing a snake in Hinduism is considered a good sign as it is a sign of upcoming health and wealth, but seeing a snake following on your bed can have two answers - The first is that you need to rest and the second is your se*ual desires. It can say that your se@ual desires are something you fear often! Source - https://www.snakesindreams.com/snake-dream/

8. Re: dream about a snake

Dreams can come from any state of consciousness within our being. They can simply come from our imagination and have no particular importance whatsoever.

A vast majority of dreams are just manifestations of emotional states that we experienced during the day.

At night, the soul comes to the fore and "cleans" up the being of the "spiritual junk" that we accumulated during that day.

So, if we have a dream that we are being chased, that can be the soul coming to us and removing some fear and worry. But our mind will project images associated with it. So, we experience dreams like that.

Some dreams are not that. Some dreams are actual spiritual visions. It is often easier for God to come to us in dreams, rather than in our waking consciousness.

So, we might dream that we are talking with a priest...but it is actually the visitation of an angel.

I have read what you wrote. I don't particularly get anything from it.

A snake in vision could be the representation of the kundalini.

I am not sure that is going on in your dream.

You can do a few things.

First of all you can pray, generally, about the dream.

Second, you can do some prayer immediately prior to sleep. The Christian mystics say, "sleep with a prayer."

It is a great practice. It will remove many nightmares and also give you many wonderful, spiritual dreams.

You can meditate prior to sleep, but it is reasonably easy to bring down too much light from that meditation...and that will just give you insomnia. So prayer or some very light and gentle meditation is better.

And, of course, watch your diet. Folks should not eat immediately prior to sleep. Give at least a couple of hours between your last food and sleep...and more is probably better. Digesting recently eaten food, messes up the digestion and can easily cause bad dreams.

And, of course, the general solution to all spiritual ills, is our daily practice of prayer and meditation. That is our protection and our progress.

Best of luck.

Namaste.

Thread Information