Thread: I am a new member

Smile I am a new member

Namaste to all here!

I am a recently joined member who has been looking about and has now decided to get her feet wet by posting a hello.

I am a Western devotee of Sanatana Dharma. My nickname is Kali Dasi and as you might guess my ishta devata is Shri Kali as Ma Bhavatarini. I was initiated back in the seventies by a guru of the Ramakrishna line of transmission, so I guess you could say I am either of the Advaita Vedanta line of Adi Shankara or the Dakshina Tantra line as expressed by Ramakrishna and his Tantric inititiator the Bhairavi Brahmani.

I am personally more of a Bhakta in my nature, although I have all respect for the nondual union with Brahman. I wish to taste sugar more than be sugar! I am a Shakta certainly, but not specifically Tantric, althoug I recognize that the Tantras are the core of many practices in Santana Dharma.

I am happy to have found this forum. I look forward to many interesting discussions and to learning ever more of spiritual importance here.

Jai Ma!
    KD

Re: I am a new member

Namaste and Welcome

glad you decided to jump in, this is a great forum. hope you enjoy your stay

Jai Sri Krishna!

Thread Information