Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

As I study Abhinavagupta's commentary on Parā-trīśikā Vivaraṇa¹ I find one principle most intriguing and noteworthy. Let me offer it and ask your views on this matter.
The principle or truth is this:
sarva sarvātmaka
  • sarva सर्व - everything, all; whole, completely
  • ātmakaṃ or ātmaka आत्मक- belonging to or forming the nature of
Hence
sarva + sarva + ātmaka = everything + everything all + belonging to or forming the nature of; Or in prose , everything pervades everything else.

Do we find this in the Upaniṣads? In the Chāndogya Upaniṣad we have the Vaishvanara vidya. It guides us with the knowledge that all things are connected together. There is no independent action in this Universe. Svāmi Kṛṣṇanānda's comment on this is 'everything is all things and anything is everywhere'.

If we look in the Bṛhadaraṇyaka Upaniṣad, Madhu (sweet or honey) Brāhmaṇa, there is this infinite correlation called out with the earth, sun, waters, ākāśa, all beings, the devatā, etc.

We also find in the Upaniṣads this principle of aṅga is no different then aṅgī ( that the part belongs to the whole).

What is your take on this… just flowery words? Or are the sages offering us an insight that is worthy of consideration?

pranams

1. Parā-trīśikā Vivaraa¹ -or- That (Śrī Devī) who transcends and is Identical with trika. It also means That which speaks out (kāyati) the three (tri) śakti-s (śa) of the Supreme (parā). Vivaraa means the act of uncovering, opening, or explanation; This work , 36 ślokas, is suppose to be the the essense of the Rudayamāla Tantra.