Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: lord shiva

Re: lord shiva

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste Yajvan,

I agree but is there any reason why you left out the mind and the preferences of ego and its perceived needs for self sustenance as the main causes of distractions?
    Om
    Namaste atanu,
    Yes I left them out to be brief... just one nodd to those who know is sufficient ( that would be you).
    We have exhausted this subject on other posts. Perhaps if we wish to pick it up again for those viewing the post, may be of value? I will let you decide.
    What would be the discussion? The senses act within the field of the senses and do their job. The is the recipient, the ego plays its role as does the intellect... Yet in the final analysis who is the Enjoyer of all this?
    Why do we get bound to these things of the senses? What is the 'skill' that is required to navigate though life and limit the attachments and its binding influence?

pranams
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

water has various names in various places. some call it aqua, bani, vaari, jala, neer, etc. but all mean the same water. i think iskon members doesn't understand this truth. krishna will be worried when they hate his another form.

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    but he gets that due to his meditation on Krsna.
    some of the great spritualities achieved samaadhi when they were not thinking of any god. so this is not acceptable to say that god shiva meditates on krsna

This obstinate thinking of ISKON people forces me to heave a sigh in relief realising how nice it is that Hinduism is not an organised religion !

Perhaps, organisation breeds dogma & hippocracy .

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    This obstinate thinking of ISKON people forces me to heave a sigh in relief realising how nice it is that Hinduism is not an organised religion !

Perhaps, organisation breeds dogma & hippocracy .

OM
    Namaste,

Yes, that is so true. What I do is, I don't treat them as authority in Hinduism, but accept good things in them. And the cleanliness in their temples as compared to other ancient ones, nice Sringar on deities, sweet Kirtan makes feel so close to God. And I like the conviction that our desires, negative karma, howsoever powerful they may be finally will be washed away by the grace of his name.

Jai shri Krisha.

Post Re: lord shiva

Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    some of the great spritualities achieved samaadhi when they were not thinking of any god. so this is not acceptable to say that god shiva meditates on krsna
    You are talking about mayavadis here, who just focus on brahman/spirit/void. Samadhi is relative, I just looked at a youtube video, and a Vaishnava lecture was explaining how even liberation can also be hell. The real goal is love of Krsna, so Shiva meditates on him, and is a great devotee.
    Oh, and Buddha also attained nirvana, but if we are to take the Bhagvatam and Gita seriously, merging in Brahman, body of Mahavishnu, would also equal naraka compared to Goloka/Paramdham/SV.

Namaste Atman,
    We can go on and on about these debate, it will never end.
    There is nothing wrong is thinking Krishna as parabrahma, and wishing to be in goloka rather than merging in absolute. I second you in that.

Your interpretation of Gita is the right one. But, please don't think other's interpretations are wrong. Scriptures are like torch, whichever path you focus, scriptures will enlighten it. If you read the scriptural interpretations by Shaiva saints or advaitain perspective etc., you will feel that they are not wrong.

Plus, the amount of time invested in making other's line smaller is actually wasted, it could have been used for making our conviction firm.

Jai Shri Krishna.

You are talking about mayavadis here, who just focus on brahman/spirit/void. Samadhi is relative, I just looked at a youtube video, and a Vaishnava lecture was explaining how even liberation can also be hell. The real goal is love of Krsna, so Shiva meditates on him, and is a great devotee.
    Oh, and Buddha also attained nirvana, but if we are to take the Bhagvatam and Gita seriously, merging in Brahman, body of Mahavishnu, would also equal naraka compared to Goloka/Paramdham/SV.

The real goal is love of Krsna, so Shiva meditates on him, and is a great devotee.
    There you go with your opinions. Do you ever read other posts?

Nowhere in Gita and Bhagavatam is written what you put forth as fact but which is your opinion.

Shruti says: There is fear till there is another. So, till one experiences the Advaita Atman, which being Advaita and also being Atman cannot give rise to presence of another who is not the self.

On the other hand, who has been one with the Advaita Atman, can easily enjoy the multiplicity of states without ever fearing or without losing immortality.

Shri Krishna, in fact, teaches that the truth is known in Samadhi. Those who can not meditate and sit still for a moment find fault with the meditators who have known the truth in Samadhi and with compassion have taught the world that the ego which says that "I worship Lord and my way is superior" is actually Bhandasura.

I know that apparently it is useless to write, replying to your post, but deeper down you will begin a process of questioning some day or other. Sanatana Dharma uniquely encourages query on Brahman.

Best Wishes

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 21 November 2008 at 06:33 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by hindustallion View Post
    I am also a big devotee of Lord Shiva and do frequently get insulting comments from Krishna devotees.............it seems that ISKCON have different mind of their own....why don't they try to follow what written in scriptures.
    I am a Vaishnava but I also worship Shiva. I am influenced by Prabhupaada but I can't really call myself an ISKCON member. I think it's very bad what some members of ISKCON do - things just like the one's that you've described. This is against Gaudiya-parampara. Nityananda-cartamrta states that worshiping Govinda without the veneration of Shiva is a form of religious deviation (and the same is in the case of worshiping Shiva without venerating Vishnu). Vaishnavism is peaceful and tolerant but unfortunately some Vaishnavas misinterpret it. Bhagavad-gita states that Krishna is Shiva.

Post Re: lord shiva

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    There you go with your opinions. Do you ever read other posts?

Nowhere in Gita and Bhagavatam is written what you put forth as fact but which is your opinion.
    I have read other posts- Gita and Bhagavatam both state Krsna as the supreme goal, whoever worships the demigods goes to their planets, but whoever worships me comes to my planet.

Thread Information