Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: lord shiva

Re: lord shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Yogkriya View Post
    Iskcon and Gaudiyas often fabricate scriptural interpretations, versus and explanations twisting everything as pro Krishna and showing Shiva as a servant lower being and that its not intelligent to worship him but just show casual respect.

Here's an example of Shiva bashing by Madhavananda dasa and consequent replies by Shaiva devotees. I wrote as "Chhenu"
    You are welcome to comment too.

http://gopalkeerty.wordpress.com/200...a/#comment-190
    Namaste yogikriya,

http://www.yogaofsrichinmoy.com/god_...ll_good/mangod
    Man and God are one. All men belong to the same family. We are all one. A genuine seeker must not listen to the absurd arguments of sceptics. They do not have even a pennyworth of spiritual knowledge. They are unaware of the fact that they are unconsciously making a parade of their naked stupidity. They say, "If we are all one, then how is it that when you have a headache, I do not? When my hunger is appeased, how is it that yours is not?" In reply, let us ask them how it is that when they have a leg wound, their head does not hurt as well, since both are part of the same body. The universal consciousness is within us all. If we are not conscious of it, that does not mean that it does not exist. My body is my own. But do I feel pain in my leg when my head suffers from a headache? No. But if I am aware of the Divine Consciousness which pervades my whole body, undoubtedly I shall feel the same pain all over my body. Here the individual soul is my head and the collective soul is my whole body. To feel the entire world as our very own we have first to feel God as our very own.
    Man is Infinity's Heart.
    Man is Eternity's Breath.
    Man is Immortality's Life.

(Yoga and the Spiritual Life by Sri Chinmoy)
    Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste yogikriya,

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaskar Atanu!

Thanks for the quotes from Shri Chinmoy.
    And thanks for your valuable writings on Lord Shiva and Advaita.

Namah Shivaya.

Yogkriya

Quote Originally Posted by santosh View Post
    Hare Krishna everybody,

I quoted that Sri Padma Puran refers to Srila Madvacharya as a bonafide acharya. That's why I put that verse. It legitimises commentaries of Srila Madhavacharya. Otherwise anyone can say anything, what's the validity?

We are not concerned of the opinions if they are not coming from authorized Sampradaya. What is the background of Satapatha Brahmana and which Sampradaya they come from? what is their philosophy? Dvaita/Advaita/Vishista Dvaita?

Just as the word Bhagavan is used in referring to Lord Krishna/Rama/Vishnu and also when referring to Lord Shiva and also when referring to Lord Indra, Lord Brahma and Sri Narada Muni. That does not mean Sri Narada Muni or Lord Brahma or Lord Indra are God. Therefore the scriptural text must be translated and understood in the proper overall context.
    Namaste Yogikriya,

These are awesome conclusions, indicating that some decisions have been made and those will not be re-considered even if Veda teaches otherwise. Frankly speaking, I think these are more dangerous enemies of Hinduism than the external enemies we harp on. These egotists have hollowed out the faith of Hindus. All those who have branched off from Sanatana Dharma can be shown to have done so because of these high priests, to whom no other sampradaya, except their own can ever be correct. These dangerous friends have only two pramanas; Padma Purana and Brahma Samhita, neither of which is shruti. And certain sections of Padma Purana, are foolish to the extent of being insult to common sense. And mind you these are not true dvaitins.

The words used in Vedic literature must be understood in proper context. Lord Rama is not Agni. ----

Also Soma is not Lord Hari. Sri Somadeva is the presiding Deity of the Moon planet, just as mother Srimati Bhumi Devi or Prithvi Devi is the presiding Deity of earth planet. The Moon planet is part of the heavenly planetory system. Sri Somadeva and Sri Agnideva is of Jiva-Tattva not Vishnu-Tattva.

Surprising really.
    RV Book 9 HYMN XCVI. Soma Pavamana

5 Father of holy hymns, Soma flows onward the Father of the earth, Father of heaven: Father of Agni, Surya's generator, the Father who begat Indra and Visnu.
    When I cite the above to show that actually Vishnu is of Soma Tattva, being born of Soma -- the auspicious energy, these stone brained say "This is not Vishnu but this is a Gandharva. And the Soma referred in this verse is not Soma Deva that you are referring to. This Soma is actually Vishnu, who is father of Soma Deva, who is wrongly called Vishnu in this verse. And moreover, this just proves the taratamya that Vishnu is the highest".

God save Yogi kriya and me from our foolish urge to reason with set cement of ----- sampradaya (brand). The foolish urge is ours, propelled by our own ego. Can anyone show reason to set cement?

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 28 March 2009 at 11:26 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste Yogikriya,

These are awesome conclusions, indicating that some decisions have been made and those will not be re-considered even if Veda teaches otherwise. Frankly speaking, I think these are more dangerous enemies of Hinduism than the external enemies we harp on. These egotists have hollowed out the faith of Hindus. All those who have branched off from Sanatana Dharma can be shown to have done so because of these high priests, to whom no other sampradaya, except their own can ever be correct. These dangerous friends have only two pramanas; Padma Purana and Brahma Samhita, neither of which is shruti. And certain sections of Padma Purana, are foolish to the extent of being insult to common sense. And mind you these are not true dvaitins.

Surprising really.
    RV Book 9 HYMN XCVI. Soma Pavamana

5 Father of holy hymns, Soma flows onward the Father of the earth, Father of heaven: Father of Agni, Surya's generator, the Father who begat Indra and Visnu.
    When I cite the above to show that actually Vishnu is of Soma Tattva, being born of Soma -- the auspicious energy, these stone brained say "This is not Vishnu but this is a Gandharva. And the Soma referred in this verse is not Soma Deva that you are referring to. This Soma is actually Vishnu, who is father of Soma Deva, who is wrongly called Vishnu in this verse. And moreover, this just proves the taratamya that Vishnu is the highest".

God save Yogi kriya and me from our foolish urge to reason with set cement of ----- sampradaya (brand). The foolish urge is ours, propelled by our own ego. Can anyone show reason to set cement?

Om Namah Shivaya

Ha ha

Namaste Atanu ji!
    Namaste to all!

What we are dealing with is a Brand marketing system.

Even though the oranges are better and good for health, no company promotes them as such. They make a carbonated drink with artificial orange flavor with preservatives, artificial color, and promote it as the top most good thing!! It even has an attractive package with picture of a "superstar" showing it as good for health and spirits!!
    So we follow that wave of advertisement enthusiasm. The Brand is launched. And there are egos to support it and believe in it. Eating oranges is the old thing. Maybe it doesn't work in kaliyuga..! ;-)
    Just as "all the Vedic mantras don't work in kaliyuga"..!
    And yes these priests of the new Brand know the virtues of oranges and vitamin C. They will argue you down with it and throw the bottle of their new Orange brand in your face and prove it to be the real source of oranges s and health!!

"I bow down to that Lord Sadasiva, who is that Supreme Truth, who is the very form of holy hymns and sacred rites, who is beyond all knowledge and truth, who is the incarnation of Brahma and Rudra, whose very eyes are the sun, moon and fire, who has a body smeared with white holy ashes, who wears a crown and artless jewellery, studded with various gems and diamonds, who is the creator, sustainer and destroyer of the whole universe, who destroyed Daksha’s sacrifice, who kills the tide of time, who resides alone in Muladhara, who transcends the categories of knowledge, upon whose head the holy Ganga makes her permanent abode, who is immanent in all beings, who possesses the six qualities, who is the truth and essence of philosophy, who is the means to attain the three Vargas (Dharma, Artha and Kama), who is the Lord of the worlds, who wears the eight serpent-kings round His neck and who is the very form of Pranava.

I adore Him who is the embodiment of consciousness, whose form is of ether and the directions, who wears the necklace of stars and planets, who is pure and spotless, who is the preceptor of all the worlds, who is the Supreme Witness of the whole universe, who is the Supreme Secret of all Vedas, who transcends all philosophy, who bestows boons upon all His devotees and who showers mercy upon the poor and ignorant.

I pray to the all-merciful Lord who is ever pure and all-blissful, who is free from all lust, greed and sorrow, who is bereft of all flaws and qualities, who is devoid of desire, disease, ego and attachment, who is all-pervading, endless and eternal, who is beyond the chains of causes and effects, in whom all pains and pleasures, pride, power and pomp, fears and dangers, sins and sufferings sink and die.

I worship Him, who is the embodiment of Pure Consciousness, in whom doubts are dried and actions cease, who is beyond all change, time and destruction, who is full, pure, mute and eternal, who is Satchidananda (Existence-Absolute, Knowledge-Absolute and Bliss-Absolute), who is the incommunicable place personified, who is all-effulgence and effulgence embodied, who is the beneficent One, the radiant vision of Infinite Beauty and Beatitude. O my Lord! Victory on Thee. Thou art the incarnation of Rudra, Raudra and Bhadra. Thou art that Mahabhairava, Kalabhairava. Thy garlands are the necklaces of skulls and Thou holdest the divine weapons Khatvanga, sword, skin (Charma), noose, hook, drum, trident, bow, arrow, club, Sakti (a weapon) and the like in Thy hands. O thousand-faced God! Thou art fearful to look at with Thy terrible teeth and Thy pealing laughter pierces through all the worlds. Serpents are Thy ear-rings, Thy garlands and bracelets. Thou wearest elephant-skin on Thy body. Thou art the conqueror of death, the destroyer of the three cities, O three-eyed God!

Thou art all-existent, Immanence of things, Essence of Peace, and the Supreme Bliss and Silence, O Sambhu! Thou art verily the Brahman of Veda and Vedanta. Thou art all-pervading, ancient and eternal. Save me, my Lord! Dispel my fears from unnatural death and dangers, destroy my enemies, with Thy trident and chop them off with the edge of Thy sword. Frighten the bands of Betala, Kushmanda and the like with the bow and arrows. Save me from falling into the pit of fearful hell and render me free and fearless. Cover me with Thy armour and protect me always. I am poor, meek, humble and helpless. I dedicate all at Thy feet and leave myself at Thy disposal. Thou art my only prop and saviour. O Lord Sadasiva! Mrityunjaya! Tryambaka! Salutations to Thee again and again."
    - Shiv Kavach.

Please keep your words flowing free here, to enable that wonderful wisdom reach us. Thanks.
    Warm regards,
    Yogkriya

Thread Information