Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How to fight Casteism?

Cool Re: How to fight Casteism?

Namast all

So you all are thinking about varnashram etc. Ideas to fight casteism?

I have a better idea for this but lower castes are themselves unwilling to accept it. They do not want equality themselves
    JAI DEV

Re: How to fight Casteism?

Once again we have generalizations. I personally think the higher classes purposefully use the lack of education as a tool to keep the status quo. In imperialist China, the peasants remained an uneducated lot. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Marxist, but.. (Actually, I favour social democracy via education, not guns. Use the Gandhian guilt trip until the rich themselves work towards a greater equality of man.) In the great Chinese revolution, the following question was repeatedly asked of the workers. :Who should reap the fruits of our labour? In other words, why is the Emperor living so lavishly whilst we work so hard? I'm sure the emperor and his cronies went around promoting the idea that the peasants enjoyed working the fiields. But did they really? I may ber a cynic but even in America, I think there is a reason education is underfunded. In fact, you need money (or gifted athletic ability)to go to university. Its well researched statistically that the voters who vote Democrat on average are higher educated. To maintain the class structure difference, the last thing you want anyone to get is an education. Heaven forbid. So personally, I think its a copout to say lower castes want it that way. Get off your high horse and become charitable at least.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 04 April 2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: closing

Re: How to fight Casteism?

Quote Originally Posted by dera2 View Post
    Namaste,

I know few women who are inclined towards Buddhism allegedly because a woman is not allowed to even chant gayatri? Is it true?
    Namaste dera2,

I think it is not true as is explained in the link below:
    http://rkmissionashrama.org/posts/ca...ri-mantra/597/

I have also read an answer given by Shri Shri Ravishankar that women can chant Gayatri, if Guru initiates it.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information