Thread: Do Sri Vaishnava accept what Muktika Upanishad say?

Do Sri Vaishnava accept what Muktika Upanishad say?

Namaste all.
    By http://www.advaita.it/library/muktika.htm

Muktika Upanishad
    Translated by Dr. A. G. Krishna Warrier
    Published by The Theosophical Publishing House, Chennai
    Om ! That (Brahman) is infinite, and this (universe) is infinite. The infinite proceeds from the infinite. (Then) taking the infinitude of the infinite (universe), It remains as the infinite (Brahman) alone.
    Om ! Let there be Peace in me ! Let there be Peace in my environment ! Let there be Peace in the forces that act on me !

I-i-1-6. In the beautiful city of Ayodhya, in the centre of a pavilion set with gems, together with Sita, Bharata, Lakshmana and Satrughna, was Rama seated, glorified day and night by sages like Sanaka, Vasistha and Suka as well as other devotees, unchanging witness of thousands of modifications of the intellect, delighted in contemplating his own form. At the end of this Samadhi, Hanuman asked with devotion, ‘O Rama, you are the supreme being, of the nature of Sat, Chid and Ananda. I desire to know your nature truly for liberation. Please tell me how I can be released from bondage without strain.
    I-i-7-14. Rama: Well asked. I shall tell you. I am well established in Vedanta.
    Hanuman: What is Vedanta and where is it ?
    Rama: The Vedas in all their great extent are my breath, Vedanta is well grounded in them, like oil in sesamum.
    Hanuman: How many are the Vedas and how many branches do they have ? Of these what are the Upanishads ?
    Rama: Vedas are four, Rig-Veda etc., many branches and Upanishads exist in them. Rig-Veda has 21 branches and Yajus has 109. Sama has 1000 and Atharva has 50. Each branch has one Upanishad. Even by reading one verse of them with devotion, one gets the status of union with me, hard to get even by sages.
    I-i-15-17. Hanuman: Rama, sages speak differently: some say there is only one kind of liberation. Others say it can be got by worshipping your name and by the Taraka mantra at Kashi. Others speak of Sankhya-Yoga and Bhakti-Yoga, the enquiry into Vedanta-Vakyas etc.
    I-i-18-23. Rama: Liberation is of four kinds: Salokya etc. But the only real type is Kaivalya. Anybody even though leading a wicked life, attains Salokya, not other worlds, by worshipping my name. Dying in the sacred Brahmanala in Kashi, he will get the Taraka-mantra and also liberation, without rebirth. On dying anywhere (else) in Kashi, Maheshvara will utter the Taraka-mantra in his right ear. He gets Sarupya with me as his sins are washed away. The same is called Salokya and Sarupya. Persevering in good conduct, with mind fixed upon me, loving me as the Self of all, the twice-born gets nearer to me – This is called the three forms of liberation. Salokya, Sarupya and Samipya.
    I-i-24-25. Meditating on my eternal form as prescribed by the Teacher, one will surely achieve identity with me like the insects changing into the bee. This alone is the liberation of identity (Sayujya) yielding the bliss of Brahman.
    All these four kinds of Mukti will be got by worshipping Me.

Please note that Maheshvara is Lord Shiva.
    By http://www.srivaishnavan.com/ans_karma.html#59
    Moksha or Paramapada is only one and is unique. But there, are certain stages, which come very close to moksha or Paramapada. Let me describe them. 1) Salokya - is attaining the world, which is one of the Lord's; but is not exactly Sri Vaikunta; but the nearby worlds;
    2) Sarupya - is the attainment of a form, resembling the Lord's. This is obtained, as a result of constant meditation on one of the forms, like Rama or Krishna. For example, by constant meditation of Rama, the jivatma may attain a form resembling Rama. This is called Sarupya.
    3) Samipya - is attainment of a place, near Sri Vaikunta but not Sri Vaikunta itself.
    4) Sayujya - is actual attainment of Paramapada or Sri Vaikunta.
    Sayujya alone is the real moksha. The other three, namely salokya, sarupya and samipya are very close to Sayujya.

My questions is:do Sri Vaishnava accept the fact that by dying at Varanasi (Kashi) one obtains Sarupya with Lord Rama?

Regards,
    Orlando.

Re: Do Sri Vaishnava accept what Muktika Upanishad say?

Namaste all.
    Please could someone reply?
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Re: Do Sri Vaishnava accept what Muktika Upanishad say?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakta of God
    My questions is:do Sri Vaishnava accept the fact that by dying at Varanasi (Kashi) one obtains Sarupya with Lord Rama?
    Depends on what you mean by Kashi. Certainly not the earthly place called Kashi. Kashi is certainly a spiritual status than a place otherwise we could simply settle down at Kashi and indulge in all kinds of wicked acts with an assurance, eh?
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Thread Information