Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: khalsa rejects

Re: khalsa rejects

A religeous fundamentalist can always find some quotes from the founders of the religion to support their fundamentalist beliefs. We can even find copious amounts of narrow minded thought in almost all of our own AchAryas.

When a guru says that he is the only way to the truth, he is speaking the truth. A guru's follower should not try to follow many paths at once because it leads nowhere. This is the reason why many gurus ( even genuine ones) choose to elevate himself and his teachings above everybody else.

The disciple should use his brain to understand the grand scheme of God that allows many beliefs and religions to ultimately lead to him. The fundamentalist easily falls a victim to the idea that he alone is right and everyone else is wrong. But a guru cannot be understood so easily from his words.

A guru who does not show conviction in his teachings will not be accepted by his students. People want to hear absolute truth all the time and do not entertain the idea that truth is beyond words and no guru can ever explain the truth. But guru still has to convince his shishyas and give them hope and encouragement. So they claim to know the only truth and deny the teachings of others so that his students may follow him whole heartedly. Gurus are not to be blamed. People are not satisfied with half truths. Many Gurus have little choice because people are immature.

Sikhism is nothing more than an amalgam of vedic and quranic thought. Nothing original in it. It might hurt but this is the fact. Vedas are much older than any other scripture and all religions and beliefs that arose in the East ( and even the west) copied vast amounts of vedic teaching often without acknowledging it. There is nothing wrong in copying the truth. Be happy with your beliefs.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

I wish I had not read this thread ! Is these all words of hatred taught in Sikhism ? It leaves me disappointed to see that these egotist sayings are attributed to highly revered souls.

My feeling is that these distortions are added later on by the organised religious bodies to keep their folks together ... at the cost of bonhomie between the two sects. These cannot be the words of Guru Nanak !

"My doctrine is better than all "others" ... my book is the one & only word of God" ... This thinking is nauseating ! It is sick mentality. It is like someone saying, "I am the only enlightened one. All others are false !". This statement shows how enlightened that fellow is ! Egotism & enlightenment together can make only an imaginary mixture for the consumption of the gullibles & the simpletons !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    I wish I had not read this thread ! Is these all words of hatred taught in Sikhism ? It leaves me disappointed to see that these egotist sayings are attributed to highly revered souls.
    I think only some Sikhs are like this. You can find Hindus, Buddhists, Jains etc like this too. Fanatics abound in every faith. They are in less numbers generally compared to Semetic religions.

My feeling is that these distortions are added later on by the organised religious bodies to keep their folks together ... at the cost of bonhomie between the two sects. These cannot be the words of Guru Nanak !
    I dont think so. Sectarian thoughts exist in the writings of many saints/prophets. Medieval literature shows little tolerance for each other. Even vedantic traditions were hostile towards each other.

For eg, Jesus says that 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

This is certainly a very sectarian message when taken literally. Each religion has its own name and definition for God the father and God the son. It is the idea expressed through words such as father/son that is important. But people usually forget the idealogy and instead fight over names, forms and qualities attributed to these terms. Jesus was certainly not wrong here because no one goes to the father ( the absolute) without the son ( guru or manifest form of God). By taking the son of God to be the historical Jesus who was crucified his message is converted into a narrow minded view. What is narrowminded is to think that God has only one son who will appear in only one place in the universe at a particular point of time. It is demeaning God to limit him like that.

This is why I said guru must be understood more carefully than his mere words. Fundamentalism is easy to support using any scripture and guru's words. It is much harder to apply reason and think in a more mature way.( than reducing God to one's childish imaginations). People easily fall for the trap.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

i would just like to add that person who said u cnt belive guru nanak would say that first he did not say that it was shri guru gobind singh who said that. The Sri Guru Granth Sahib which was contains Guru nanaks teaching Cleary pays its respect to shiva, vishnu and brahma..What Guru gobind singh was talkin about was a time when india had been corrupted by islam and its own beliefs in mere idol worship..Guru Gobind singh wanted sikhs and hindus to return to worshipping the creator not merely by idol worship but by good deeds and actions...so his remarks on destroying idols wasnt an attack hinduism but an attack on not being a good person and just relying on a stone idol... idol worship was never condonmed by either sikh or hindu faiths butit was accpeted as path to enlighment as a focus of our fiath and devotion..but mere devotion without good deeds is wrong. Evn most sikh families have images ofthe gurus to focus their worship...even in islam (a religon which converts, in my opinion is not faith) every muslim faces east (god is everywhere not just east) they touch and kiss the black stone. so my point is idol worhsip is the focus and the path of reachin good karma by your deeds..inwhich once you reach enlightment the need for idols will not be required as you have reached nirvana..

This is The Sri Guru Granth Sahib the first verses composed by Guru nanak.

Obeisance, obeisance to Her, the Primal, the Immaculate, without beginning, without end, Immutable through all ages.
    Aykaa maa-ee, jugat viaaee, tin chalay parvaan.
    The Mother was conceived alone in some mysterious way and She procreated three deities.
    Ik sansaaree, ik bhandaaree, ik laa-ay deeban.
    One was Creator, one Sustainer, and one Destroyer of the world.
    Jiv tis bhaavai, tivai chalaavai, jiv havai phurmaan.
    The world moves as She ordains and as She pleases.
    Oh vaykahi, onaa nadar na aavai, buhutaa ayho vidaan.
    She sees all, but no one sees Her: this is a great wonder."
    "Gurmukh naadang, gumukh vaydang, gurmukh rahe-aa samaa-ee. (stanza 4)
    Through the Enlightener’s Word is attained the Mystic Sound; Through the Enlightener’s Word, the Divine Knowledge; And through the Enlightener’s Word is realized the All-Pervasiveness of God.
    Gur eesar, gur gorakh barmaa, gur paarbatee maa-ee.
    The Enlightener Herself is Shiv, Vishnoo, Barmaa; The Enlightener Herself is Paarvati, the Mother-Goddess...
    Su-ast aath, baanee barmaa-o. Sat suhaan sadaa man chaa-o. (stanza 20)
    Obeisance to Her, who is Herself Mahamaya, the Primal Word and Barmaa. She is Truth, Consciousness, and Bliss...
    Aakhaih barmay, aakhaih ind. Aakhaih, gopee tai govind. (stanza 25)
    The Barmaa and Indr utter Her Greatness, So also the Gopees and Krishna.
    Aakhaih eesar, aakhaih sidh. Aaakhaih, kaytay keetay budh.
    Shiv and Sidh speak of Her Glories, so also many gnostics created by Her."

in every faith u get fundamentalist who want to prove thier faith as the ONE...and in todays day capitalism, marketing, commericalism, movies history has been distorted, and now we get india which hasnt had the time to heal after islamic and british invasions to wipe hinduism fiath out making fiends into enemies..

today people have forgotten how integrated indian faiths where and ppl today use that fiath to their own needs......for their own gain..but it cleary states Guru nanaks view on hinduism....with great respect.

arjun london sikh.23

Quote Originally Posted by Singh Khalsa View Post
    Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Well that would depend on which version of history we choose to read! I have been studying the history of my Gurus (by their grace alone) since being a little child, this is one thing I have never come across
    So I think it is alot better to see Guru Gobind Singh Ji's OWN writings to understand Guru Maharaj's beliefs. Guru Gobind Singh Ji has written so much that there is no area we can have doubts about.
    Firstly, what has Guru Gobind Singh Ji said about himself?

"Consider me as His(God's) servant and do not think of any difference between me and the Lord.32."

Now, how can we possibly say that Guru Gobind Singh Ji worshipped any devi? If we say this we are saying that he who is the Lord himself worshipped a goddesss!

I think you should read more of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's bani to understand who he prayed to, banis like Akal Ustat, Jap Ji Sahib etc. all make 100% clear that Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj was prayed only to one God, Akal Purakh Vaheguroo.
    Please read Chaupai Sahib, a very short bani of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, translation of which can be read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaupai_(Sikhism)#Translation_and_Transliteration_in_English

You say that Guru Gobind Singh Ji did murti pooja, do you know what Guru Ji himself said about this?

While worshipping stones some people are bowing before them and some others are withholding idols of stones in their necks. Some people have faith that God is in the south while others consider God, is toward the west and they are bowing their heads in those directions. Some people are worshiping idols foolishly while others are adoring the dead. The whole world is busy in such false performances without knowing the secret mystery of God. (Akal Ustat, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

I have killed hill Rajas (kings) who are bent on mischief. They are stone idol worshippers, I break idols and I worship one Lord. (Zaffarnama, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

Furthermore Sikhism is a path started by Vaheguru himself, and revealed to the world through Satguru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj the roop of Nirankar himself.

This statement is extremely insulting to me, a shisya of Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not 'take' anything from anywhere, for he is the Lord himself. As stated in Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj the only source of Gurbani is God alone:

"O (Bhai) Lalo! As the Lord’s word comes to me so I deliver it."

and

“O Gursikhs! Know that the Baani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it.”

and many more, please consult the following articles for further information:
    http://www.sikhism101.com/node/144
    http://www.sikhism101.com/node/145

Furthermore the idea of God as formless is present in many religions, not just Vedism, so that is a very tribalistic mentality to think that anything that someone else beleives that has also been mentioned in the Vedas must have been taken from there.

Perhaps this is the case for Hinduism however in Gurbani Vaheguroo has been referred to as both 'father' and 'mother', on various occasions.

This is quite a hurtful and offensive statement. As I have stated many times, Guru Nanak Dev Ji is GOD himself, God is not bound by any ideology or scripture. Furthermore, Guru Nanak Dev Ji has clearly REJECTED the Vedas and all other hindu religious scriptures in Gurbani:

"The Simritee is the daughter of the Vedas, O Siblings of Destiny. She has brought a chain and a rope. ||1||" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 329)

"The Vedas and the Scriptures are only make-believe, O Siblings of Destiny; they do not relieve the anxiety of the heart." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 727)

"Except the Word of the Guru, all other word is false. False is the Word that is not the true Guru’s. False are the speakers, false are the hearers, false are those who speak and recite." (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 917)

The Simritees and the Shaastras discriminate between good and evil, but they do not know the true essence of reality. (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 920)

The great volumes of the Simritees and the Shaastras only extend the extension of attachment to Maya. (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1053)

And not forgetting Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj:

"I do not accept the doctrines enunciated by various faiths, believing in Ram, Rahim, Puranas and Qoran.
    The Simritis, Shastras and Vedas mention different concepts but I do not subscribe to any of them.
    O God, the Sword-bearer (of justice)! With Your Grace, all that has been uttered by me has been done under Your command."

On behalf of the original poster, please make clear what you are insinuating by this statement, I hope you are aware that Sikhs are not muslims and have nothing to do with mullahs.

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh
    Sat Sri Akal,

Dear Singh,
    May Akal Purakh bless you.

I'm reading the Adi Granth.

But I have come across some contradictary statements.

Look at Bhagat Kabir's bani
    ਕਮਲਾਪਤਿ ਕਵਲਾ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਨਾਂ ॥੩॥
    कमलापति कवला नही जानां ॥३॥
    Vishnu the Lord of Lakshmi and Lakshmi herself - none of them know the Lord. ||3||

But as u can see in Guru Arjun's statement here
    ਬਿਨਵੰਤਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਸ ਪੂਰਨ ਮਿਲੇ ਸ੍ਰੀਧਰ ਗੁਣ ਨਿਧਾਨ ॥੪॥੧॥੧੪॥
    बिनवंति नानक मेरी आस पूरन मिले स्रीधर गुण निधान ॥४॥१॥१४॥
    Prays Nanak, my hopes are fulfilled; I have met the Lord, the Lord of Lakshmi, the treasure of excellence. ||4||1||14||

Look at Bhagat Sain's statements
    ਵਾਰਨੇ ਜਾਉ ਕਮਲਾ ਪਤੀ ॥੧॥
    वारने जाउ कमला पती ॥१॥
    I am a sacrifice to the Lord of Lakshmi. ||1||

Again Guru Arjan's statements

ਮੁਕੰਦ ਮਨੋਹਰ ਲਖਮੀ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ॥
    मुकंद मनोहर लखमी नाराइण ॥

Liberator, Enticing Lord, Lord of Lakshmi, Supreme Lord God.

Bhagat Kabir
    ਜਹ ਪਉੜੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕਮਲਾ ਕੰਤ ॥੪॥
    जह पउड़े स्री कमला कंत ॥४॥
    The Supreme Lord, the Lord of Lakshmi dwells there. ||4||

Guru Nanak Dev's
    ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨ ਮਧੁਸੂਦਨ ਮਾਧੌ ਐਸੀ ਸਕਤਿ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
    मिहरवान मधुसूदन माधौ ऐसी सकति तुम्हारी ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

O Merciful Lord, Destroyer of demons, Lord of Lakshmi, such is Your Power - Your Shakti.

San't Nabdeo
    ਨਾਮੇ ਕੇ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸੀਅ ਬਹੋਰੀ ਲੰਕ ਭਭੀਖਣ ਆਪਿਓ ਹੋ ॥੪॥੨॥
    नामे के सुआमी सीअ बहोरी लंक भभीखण आपिओ हो ॥४॥२॥

Naam Dayv's Lord Master brought Sita back, and gave Sri Lanka to Bhabheekhan. ||4||2||

ਪੂਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਹਿਲਾਦੁ ਕਹਿਆ ਨਹੀ ਮਾਨੈ ਤਿਨਿ ਤਉ ਅਉਰੈ ਠਾਨੀ ॥੨॥
    पूतु प्रहिलादु कहिआ नही मानै तिनि तउ अउरै ठानी ॥२॥

ਰਾਮੁ ਕਹੈ ਕਰ ਤਾਲ ਬਜਾਵੈ ਚਟੀਆ ਸਭੈ ਬਿਗਾਰੇ ॥੧॥
    रामु कहै कर ताल बजावै चटीआ सभै बिगारे ॥१॥

He chants the Lord's Name, clapping his hands to keep the beat; he has spoiled all the other students. ||1||

ਦੁਸਟ ਸਭਾ ਮਿਲਿ ਮੰਤਰ ਉਪਾਇਆ ਕਰਸਹ ਅਉਧ ਘਨੇਰੀ
    दुसट सभा मिलि मंतर उपाइआ करसह अउध घनेरी ॥

The council of villains met and resolved to send Prahlaad into the life hereafter.

ਗਿਰਿ ਤਰ ਜਲ ਜੁਆਲਾ ਭੈ ਰਾਖਿਓ ਰਾਜਾ ਰਾਮਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਫੇਰੀ ॥੩॥
    गिरि तर जल जुआला भै राखिओ राजा रामि माइआ फेरी ॥३॥
    Prahlaad was thrown off a mountain, into the water, and into a fire, but the Sovereign Lord God saved him, by changing the laws of nature. ||3||

ਕਾਢਿ ਖੜਗੁ ਕਾਲੁ ਭੈ ਕੋਪਿਓ ਮੋਹਿ ਬਤਾਉ ਜੁ ਤੁਹਿ ਰਾਖੈ
    काढि खड़गु कालु भै कोपिओ मोहि बताउ जु तुहि राखै ॥
    Kādẖ kẖaṛag kāl bẖai kopi▫o mohi baṯā▫o jo ṯuhi rākẖai.
    Harnaakhash thundered with rage and threatened to kill Prahlaad. "Tell me, who can save you?

ਕਹਿ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਹਮ ਨਰਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਵਹ ਰਾਮੁ ਅਭੈ ਪਦ ਦਾਤਾ ॥੫॥੩॥੯॥
    कहि नामदेउ हम नरहरि धिआवह रामु अभै पद दाता ॥५॥३॥९॥

Says Naam Dayv, I meditate on the Lord, the Man-lion, the Giver of fearless dignity. ||5||3||9||

ਪਾਖੰਤਣ ਬਾਜ ਬਜਾਇਲਾ
    पाखंतण बाज बजाइला ॥
    Playing on the instrument of the feathered wings,

ਗਰੁੜ ਚੜ੍ਹ੍ਹੇ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਆਇਲਾ ॥੧੫॥
    गरुड़ चड़्हे गोबिंद आइला ॥१५॥
    the Gobinda came, mounted on the eagle garura. ||15||

ਅਪਨੇ ਭਗਤ ਪਰਿ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲ
    अपने भगत परि की प्रतिपाल ॥

He cherished His devotee,

ਗਰੁੜ ਚੜ੍ਹ੍ਹੇ ਆਏ ਗੋਪਾਲ ॥੧੬॥
    गरुड़ चड़्हे आए गोपाल ॥१६॥

and the Lord came, mounted on the eagle garura. ||16||

ਨਾਮੇ ਨਾਰਾਇਨ ਨਾਹੀ ਭੇਦੁ ॥੨੮॥੧॥੧੦॥
    नामे नाराइन नाही भेदु ॥२८॥१॥१०॥
    There is no difference between Naam Dayv and the Lord. ||28||1||10||
    Kabir
    ਜਲ ਥਲ ਰਾਖਨ ਹੈ ਰਘੁਨਾਥ ॥੩॥੧੦॥੧੮॥
    जल थल राखन है रघुनाथ ॥३॥१०॥१८॥

Who's Raghunath? The Lord of Raghu clan

Guru Ram Das
    जपिओ नामु सुक जनक गुर बचनी हरि हरि सरणि परे ॥

ਜਪਿਓ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਕ ਜਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਬਚਨੀ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰੇ ॥

Suk-deva and Janak meditated on the Naam; following the Guru's Teachings, they sought the Sanctuary of the Lord, Har, Har.

Suk-deva was the son of Maharshi Byaas

Page 1309, Line 8
    ਜਾਤ ਨਜਾਤਿ ਦੇਖਿ ਮਤ ਭਰਮਹੁ ਸੁਕ ਜਨਕ ਪਗੀਂ ਲਗਿ ਧਿਆਵੈਗੋ ॥
    जात नजाति देखि मत भरमहु सुक जनक पगीं लगि धिआवैगो ॥

Do not be fooled by appearances of high and low social class. Suk Dayv bowed at the feet of Janak, and meditated.

Page 1389, Line 15
    ਗਾਵਹਿ ਜਨਕਾਦਿ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਜੋਗੇਸੁਰ ਹਰਿ ਰਸ ਪੂਰਨ ਸਰਬ ਕਲਾ ॥
    गावहि जनकादि जुगति जोगेसुर हरि रस पूरन सरब कला ॥

King Janak and the great Yogic heroes of the Lord's Way, sing the Praises of the All-powerful Primal Being, filled with the sublime essence of the Lord.

Page 1391, Line 10
    ਤੂ ਤਾ ਜਨਿਕ ਰਾਜਾ ਅਉਤਾਰੁ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੰਸਾਰਿ ਸਾਰੁ ਰਹਹਿ ਜਗਤ੍ਰ ਜਲ ਪਦਮ ਬੀਚਾਰ ॥
    तू ता जनिक राजा अउतारु सबदु संसारि सारु रहहि जगत्र जल पदम बीचार ॥
    You are the incarnation of King Janak; the contemplation of Your Shabad is sublime throughout the universe. You abide in the world like the lotus on the water.

Yes my friend... I throughly agree with you... Now I have many instances...
    If the Sikhs show 3 instances... I can show... a lot...
    okay... If they do not want to be with us... let them be separate...
    But the following lines are facts...
    Guru Nanak Dev's Bani
    =====================
    Page 1190, Line 18
    मिहरवान मधुसूदन माधौ ऐसी सकति तुम्हारी ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    O Merciful Lord, Destroyer of Mahiravan, Madhusudhan (Destroyer of Madhu), Madho, such is Your Power - Your Shakti. ||1||Pause||
    ---Mahiravan... oh... read Ramayan... okay?
    Guru Amardas's Bani
    ===================
    Page 443
    हरणाखसु दुसटु हरि मारिआ प्रहलादु तराइआ ॥ 13
    Hari killed the wicked Harnaakhash, and saved Prahlaad.

जन की पैज रखै राम नामा प्रहिलाद उधारि तराए ॥ 16
    Ram's Name preserves the honor of His servant, as He preserved and emancipated Prahlaad.

Page 637:
    प्रहिलाद जन तुधु राखि लए हरि जीउ हरणाखसु मारि पचाइआ ॥
    You protected Your servant Prahlaad, O Dear Hari, and annihilated Harnaakhash.

Page 1133, Line 3
    गुर उपदेसि प्रहिलादु हरि उचरै ॥
    Following his Guru's instructions, Prahlaad chanted the Name of Hari;

Page 1133, Line 6
    प्रहलाद का राखा होइ रघुराइआ ॥३॥
    Raghurai is the Savior of Prahlaad. ||3||

Page 1133, Line 8
    हरणाखसु नखी बिदारिआ प्रहलादु लीआ उबारि ॥४॥
    Harnaakhash was torn apart by His claws, and Prahlaad was saved. ||4||

Page 1133,

Line 12
    दैत पुत्रु प्रहलादु गाइत्री तरपणु किछू न जाणै सबदे मेलि मिलाइआ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    Prahlaad, the demon's son, knew nothing of the Gayatri and nothing about ceremonial water-offerings to his ancestors; but through the Word of the Shabad, he was united in Hari's Union

Line 13
    अनदिनु भगति करहि दिन राती दुबिधा सबदे खोई ॥
    Night and day, he performed devotional worship service, day and night, and through the Shabad, his duality was eradicated.

Line 14
    सदा निरमल है जो सचि राते सचु वसिआ मनि सोई ॥२॥
    Those who are imbued with Truth are immaculate and pure; the True Lord abides within their minds. ||2||

मूरख दुबिधा पड़्हहि मूलु न पछाणहि बिरथा जनमु गवाइआ ॥
    The fools in duality read, but they do not understand anything; they waste their lives uselessly.

संत जना की निंदा करहि दुसटु दैतु चिड़ाइआ ॥३॥
    The wicked demon slandered the Saint, and stirred up trouble. ||3||

संत जना का हरि जीउ राखा दैतै कालु नेड़ा आइआ ॥४॥
    Hari became the Savior of the Saint, and the demonic Death could not even approach him

आपणी पैज आपे राखै भगतां देइ वडिआई ॥
    The Lord Himself saved his honor, and blessed his devotee with glorious greatness.

प्रहलादु दुबिधा न पड़ै हरि नामु न छोडै डरै न किसै दा डराइआ ॥
    Prahlaad did not read in duality, and he did not abandon Hari Naam; he was not afraid of any fear.

Guru Ram Das's Bani
    ===================
    Page 507:
    सरणागति प्रहलाद जन आए तिन की पैज सवारी ॥२॥
    Bhagat Prahlaad sought Your Sanctuary, and You saved his honor.

गुरमुखि प्रहिलादि जपि हरि गति पाई ॥6॥
    As Gurmukh, Prahlaad meditated on Hari, and was saved.

Page 601:
    प्रहिलादु जनु सद हरि गुण गावै हरि जीउ लए उबारे ॥२॥
    Prahlaad, Hari's humble servant, constantly sang the Glorious Praises of Hari, and the Dear Lord saved him. ||2||
    (Hari...?Prahlaad????)
    Page 799, Line 2
    सरणि परे सेई जन उबरे जिउ प्रहिलाद उधारि समईआ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    Those humble beings who seek the Lord's Sanctuary are saved, like Prahlaad; they are emancipated and merge with the Lord. ||1||Pause||

Page 984, Line 6
    ध्रू प्रहिलादु बिदरु दासी सुतु गुरमुखि नामि तरे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    Dhroo, Prahlaad and Bidar the slave-girl's son, became Gurmukh, and through the Naam, crossed over. ||1||Pause||

Page 1117, Line 3
    सिम्रिति सासत्र सभनी सही कीता सुकि प्रहिलादि स्रीरामि करि गुर गोविदु धिआइआ ॥
    The Simritees and the Shaastras all confirm that Suk Dayv and Prahlaad meditated on the Guru, Govinda, and knew Him as Sri Raam.
    --Why Suk Dev and Prahlaad are here...?(Govinda meaning Go: Cow,Vinda: makes it happy)

Guru Arjan Dev's Bani
    =====================
    Page 199, Line 6
    सो बैसनो है अपर अपारु ॥ कहु नानक जिनि तजे बिकार ॥४॥९६॥१६५॥
    Infinitely invaluable is that Vaishnaav, that worshipper of Vishnu, says Nanak, who has renounced corruption. ||4||96||165||
    --Why is he invaluable???(For the uninitiated... invaluable means highly precious... please refer dictionary?
    Page 274, Line 6
    बैसनो सो जिसु ऊपरि सुप्रसंन ॥
    The true Vaishnaav (the devotee of Vishnu) is the one with whom God is thoroughly pleased.

Page 462, Line 15
    बिनवंति नानक मेरी आस पूरन मिले स्रीधर गुण निधान ॥४॥१॥१४॥
    Prays Nanak, my hopes are fulfilled; I have met the Lord, the Lord of Lakshmi, the treasure of excellence. ||4||1||14||
    --Why Lord of Lakshmi?...Why not others or Nirgun Bhagwaan????
    Page 300, Line 12
    सो सुरता सो बैसनो सो गिआनी धनवंतु ॥
    They are intuitively wise, and they are Vaishnaavs, worshippers of Vishnu; they are spiritually wise, wealthy and prosperous.
    ---Why onl;y Vaishnavaas....???? Why statements are contradictory?

Guru Arjan Dev -

Page 999, Line 6
    कीनी रखिआ भगत प्रहिलादै हरनाखस नखहि बिदारे ॥
    He saved His devotee Prahlaad, and tore Harnaakhash with his nails.

Page 1082, Line 12
    मुकंद मनोहर लखमी नाराइण ॥
    Mukunda, Manohara, Lakshmi Narayana, Supreme Lord God.
    Who are Mukund, Manohar, Lakhmi Narain?
    Sant Namdev's bani
    ==================
    Page 1105, Line 13
    भगत हेति मारिओ हरनाखसु नरसिंघ रूप होइ देह धरिओ ॥
    For the sake of His devotee Prahlaad, God assumed the form of the Narsingh (man-lion), and killed Harnaakhash.

Page 1167, Line 3
    जउ गुरदेउ तनि चक्र लगाइआ ॥
    When the Divine Guru grants His Grace, one's body is stamped with the sacred mark of Vishnu.
    ---Why the mark of Vishnu should be stamped because of Guru's grace????

Bhagat Sain's bani
    ==================
    Page 695, Line 10
    वारने जाउ कमला पती ॥१॥
    I am a sacrifice to the Lord of Lakshmi. ||1||

Kabir Das's Bani
    ================
    Page: 337
    ध्रू प्रहिलाद जपिओ हरि जैसे ॥१॥
    Just as Dhroo and Prahlaad meditated on Hari
    कहु कबीर भजु सारिगपानी ॥
    Says Kabeer, meditate, vibrate upon Saringpaani (Saranga Paani)

Page 856, Line 7
    संत प्रहलाद की पैज जिनि राखी हरनाखसु नख बिदरिओ ॥३॥
    He preserved the honor of Prahlaad, and destroyed Harnaakhash with his nails. ||3||

Page 856, Line 11
    कहि कबीर संसा भ्रमु चूको ध्रू प्रहिलाद निवाजा ॥२॥५॥
    Says Kabeer, my skepticism and doubt have been dispelled; the Lord has exalted me, as He did Dhroo and Prahlaad. ||2||5||
    ---Who are Dhroo(Dhruva) and Prahlaad???? (Pl. refer Srimad Bhagavatam)
    Now don't come and say that.. this Narhari is different from Vishnu's Narsingh autar, blah,blah,blah... Truth has been put forth here. If u do not want to associate with Hindus... well... fine go ahead...

Page 1162,
    Line 11
    दुआदस दल अभ अंतरि मंत ॥
    The Lord's secret is within the twelve petals of the heart-lotus

Line 12
    जह पउड़े स्री कमला कंत ॥४॥
    The Supreme Lord, the Lord of Lakshmi dwells there. ||4||

Page 1194,

माधउ दारुन दुखु सहिओ न जाइ ॥
    O Madhau, I cannot endure this agonizing pain.

सनक सनंदन सिव सुकादि ॥ नाभि कमल जाने ब्रहमादि ॥
    Sanak, Sanandan, Shiva and Suk Dayv, were born out of Brahma's naval chakra.

कबि जन जोगी जटाधारि ॥ सभ आपन अउसर चले सारि ॥२॥
    The poets and the Yogis with their matted hair all lived their lives with good behavior. ||2||

तू अथाहु मोहि थाह नाहि ॥
    You are Unfathomable; I cannot know Your depth.

प्रभ दीना नाथ दुखु कहउ काहि ॥
    O God, Master of the meek, unto whom should I tell my pains?

मोरो जनम मरन दुखु आथि धीर ॥
    Please rid me of the pains of birth and death, and bless me with peace.

सुख सागर गुन रउ कबीर ॥३॥५॥
    Kabeer utters the Glorious Praises of God, the Ocean of peace. ||3||5||
    Last edited by satay; 23 June 2010 at 06:21 PM.

7. Re: khalsa rejects

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Sanatana Dharma is eternal; regardless of what others think. Therefore, the principles stated in the Vedas about the nature of reality are not mere speculations and ramblings of some old coot in the forest/desert. They are the culmination of the EXPERIENCES of the rishis in Ancient India (Aryavarta).

Funny how Buddhists, Sikhs, and other "dharmic" faith followers are vehemently anti-Hindu and of course the untouchable filth that are christians/muslims around the world as well. Times are tough for Hindus! tsk tsk.
    Dear TattvamAsi,

Getting ego about "My Religion is better" is out of place given the same religion preaches about shedding one's ego.

There are significant problems in Hindu Organization:
    1. Hindus don't have missionaries.
    2. Percentage of Hindus who know core philosophy of their religion would be least among all religions
    3. Percentage of Hindus who say they are atheists (and not hindus) would be highest.

Work has to be done to achieve this.

Example, you know 30-50% motels in US are owned by Hindu Patels. Yet every motel room has a bible, and none has bhagwad geeta. Its not the matter of cost. Its matter of the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by darshansingh View Post
    Example, you know 30-50% motels in US are owned by Hindu Patels. Yet every motel room has a bible, and none has bhagwad geeta. Its not the matter of cost. Its matter of the attitude.
    I got a headache reading the thread, so I stopped and will leave it to my esteemed friends to sort things out. About no Bhagwad Gita in the Patel owned motels, click on the following link.....

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=67219@kpix.dayport.com

9. Re: khalsa rejects

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    I got a headache reading the thread, so I stopped and will leave it to my esteemed friends to sort things out. About no Bhagwad Gita in the Patel owned motels, click on the following link.....

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=67219@kpix.dayport.com
    Thats great news. Thanks for the information

KV Ranganji,

I went through your posts. I didn't understand the point you want to convey.
    Could you please tell it briefly.

Thread Information