Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Sharing your pictures

Re: Sharing your pictures

Here are two of me... one with Vaishnava tilaka... :P

And me without tilaka...

Haribol! ^____^;

Attaching picture of me and my daughter (8). I have an older son too (17).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namasté,

I hadn't checked this thread in some time, and while I'm enjoying seeing all of our wonderful members and putting faces with names - the cat is still my favourite photograph. Pretty kitty!
    "What was, what is, what will be: I am That." -from BÄá¹£kalamantra Upaniá¹£ad

Me being all professorial in India.

If you have 49 minutes to spare, this photo is from the following YouTube video. It's my talk from a conference commemorating the 175th birth anniversary of Sri Ramakrishna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo_3N...0&feature=plcp
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (15.4 KB, 24 views)

Namaste Jeffery!

First of all, I am really impressed with your presentation and delivery at the Belur Math. Very good! very very impressive! And even more to touch my heart, this must be the same Belur Math of my "second home" away from home, beloved Kolkata! You came to one of my "hunting grounds"! Well, well well, and I hope everything went well.

You never know, one day we my "bump" into each other, perhaps in Kolkata. Or if you ever go to Varanasi, who knows - we may cross paths there. Have you been to Kashi? This is my Holy City beloved, another "hunting ground".

You are a scholar and a gentleman. You are a good soul. I wish you all the best to come. May Mother Annapurna give you food, both physical and spiritual. May Shitala Devi give you Her cooling hand on your forehead to find peace and blessed sleep when sometimes the fevers of life seem to overtake you. May Hanuman give you many languages. May Saraswati open Her book in front of your eyes. May Muruga's Vel come like a sister to you. May Vishveshvara Shiva never forsake you.

May Mother Ganga be your Mother.

May Ganapati have his armies ready when you need many hands.

Om Namah Sivaya

Vannakkam

This is me! -///- I am quited new member here and from Southeast Asia~

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste Jeffery!

First of all, I am really impressed with your presentation and delivery at the Belur Math. Very good! very very impressive! And even more to touch my heart, this must be the same Belur Math of my "second home" away from home, beloved Kolkata! You came to one of my "hunting grounds"! Well, well well, and I hope everything went well.

You never know, one day we my "bump" into each other, perhaps in Kolkata. Or if you ever go to Varanasi, who knows - we may cross paths there. Have you been to Kashi? This is my Holy City beloved, another "hunting ground".

You are a scholar and a gentleman. You are a good soul. I wish you all the best to come. May Mother Annapurna give you food, both physical and spiritual. May Shitala Devi give you Her cooling hand on your forehead to find peace and blessed sleep when sometimes the fevers of life seem to overtake you. May Hanuman give you many languages. May Saraswati open Her book in front of your eyes. May Muruga's Vel come like a sister to you. May Vishveshvara Shiva never forsake you.

May Mother Ganga be your Mother.

May Ganapati have his armies ready when you need many hands.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Namaste ShivaFan!

You are too, too kind. I am humbled and deeply moved by your kind words and blessings. I fervently wish and pray for all of the same for you as well, and I do hope we meet in person one day. I come to Kolkata every year and love nothing more than to visit Belur Math and Dakshineshwar, two places where I feel most at home. I have not yet had the blessing of visiting the sacred city of Kashi, but I hope to have that opportunity one day.

I, too, am a "Shiva fan". I don't think it's visible in the video of my talk, but I always wear a kara on my right wrist which bears the holy mantra Om Namah Shivaya. Whenever I look at it, it reminds me what my life is all about. I was introduced to this powerful mantra through my association with Siddha Yoga. Lord Shiva has been dear to me for many years--a long story which I will share more fully at some point. Without His abundant, benevolent grace I would not have the strength to make it through each day. Satyam, Shivam, Sundaram!

Your prayer has moved me so much that I plan to return to it frequently and re-read it whenever I am feeling the need for spiritual support. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

With pranams and best wishes,
    Jeffery Long

Thread Information