Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation

Moderation

To all members,

As you all know that I am the only moderator right now on these boards. I chose to do this since I want to first find out how to deal with all different matters myself. I will then create this method of dealing with all types of matters on this forum into a policy and will invite qualified members of the board to moderate and to implement that policy in their moderation activities.

I have had enough of some members here undermining mine and other members' intelligence here by hiding behind several ids, derailing threads and spreading their own agendas. I am sick of this type of pathetic and childish behaviour of the so called hindu members of this forum. Most I have already banned, others I am keeping an eye on and if they don't read between the lines of this message they will be let go as well. You know who you are and I will not insult you by spelling out your names.

I am not interested in thousands of people coming here just for the sake of bashing other religions and promoting their own agendas. If I notice this once more here, there will be no questions asked and I will see that you are redirected to the appropriate forums elsewhere on the internet and away from HDF.

If we have ten members on the board that will adhere to the site rules and share my vision of 'Positive presentation of Dharma' on this site then I will think that I have accomplished the goal that originally sarabhanga, BYS and I shared. I am satisfied with even 5 such members.

There will be no more illogical, pointless debates on this site putting down advaita, dvaita or VA. There will be no more ‘holier than thou’ attitudes and there will be no more, “I am insulting you because I am defending dharma.” There will be no more ‘chasing advaitins or vice versa’ from thread to thread asking the same questions and repeating yourself like an idiot.

If in a discussion, you disagree with someone control your emotions, stop replying to them, and leave them to bhagwan. There is no point in going in endless pages and pages of posts that say nothing or keep saying the same thing or worse yet, contradict your previous posts.

I am applying the no more 'nonsense' approach here as I am tired of all this childish behaviour and personally, I don't have time to troubleshoot people's emotional or psychological problems and neither am I qualified to do so.

Once again, this site is for ‘positive presentation of Dharma’. That’s it! Any member who does not share this vision with me, here is your chance to leave the forum gracefully and with your ego intact. If you choose to stay, I will assume that you accept this vision of the forum and will support me in my efforts to make this vision a reality. If your actions on the board are not in line with this vision then I will redirect you to other forums.

With respect,
    Last edited by satay; 29 June 2006 at 02:33 PM.
    satay

Re: Moderation

Namaste all,

Dattaswami has been banned from HDF. The reasons are as follows:

-I consider mass posting on HDF as spam; spam is not allowed on HDF

-HDF is for positive presentation of hindu dharma as such insulting dharmic scholars be they from advaita school or others is not allowed here

I have advised dattaswami and will post a link to his site in our 'Dharma related sites' forum. If anyone is interested in learning more about him please visit that site.

Let's keep our forum clean and focused.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
    satay

Namaste Satay.

I understand your decision. Whoever or Whatever is Datta Swami he cannot revile other Hindu darshanas, saints and sages. We have enough of non-Hindus and Hindu atheists doing that. I think he quotes Vedas and Gita selectively to voice his points. He seems to have regard for only Sankara among the Advaitic sages, and absolutely little regard for today's order of dasanamis established by Sankara.

His ideas might be revolutionary like those of Dayananda Sarasvati of the Arya Samaj, good and might even be necessary, but they can't be exclusively imposed, for that would be like the task of the missioneries.

His theory of mula-maya, maha-maya and mere-maya and God being beyond all these is fine, but there seem to be some holes. For example, he says sound cannot travel in vacuum as per science, but he does not consider that the pravana mantra Aum itself is sound, the nadha brahman that is the first tool of creation!

He believes that God can incarnate in humans but not reside in temples or murtis. If it is so, there would be no Agama in Hinduism and no bhakti movement at all! It is the bhakti that is fostering our religion and culture today in the Kali Yuga. Not just the bhakti to a human incarnation or an order of an institution, but the bhakti expressed in our temples, in our puja rooms and to the murtis in our hearts. If there is no idol or portrait, can anyone have a mental idea of our Gods and the Trinity in male and female form?

He talks about the total dissolution of a soul into nothing if it aspires for an Advaitic state. This is worse than the Christian philosphy. What is this nothing he talks of? There is no nothing in the universe or beyond. This universe did not emerge out of nothing, as Science would have us believe. He says that God resides as hiranya garbha in the inert energy which is the root of creation, so he admits that God does exist in all his creation, which is an Advaitic truth (tatvam asi and aham brahmasmi). If Advaita says that every human being is God, it is not in the sense of replacing God and taking over His functions but in the sense of universality. To say 'I am God' is somewhat like saying 'I am an Indian' or 'I am an American'--not as a ruler of my country but to indicate that the country is in me. I would say this whatever are my other affiliations.

The original Dattacharya reverred everything in the universe as his guru, though he knew he was a manifestation of the Trinity in toto. This human incarnation of Dattacharya seems to be a far cry from the original.
    Last edited by saidevo; 13 January 2007 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Namaste Satay.

------ This human incarnation of Dattacharya seems to be a far cry from the original.
    Namaste Satay and Saidevo ji,

Thanks for keeping our meeting place nice and clean. Though I felt that specimens could be kept in "Jokes" category.

Nice business like decision.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

namaste owners of HDF!

I have deleted all the threads and posts of vishal. Shri Yajvan advised that today i.e. Sat. is a good day to do cleaning and that we start the new week with fresh minds.

All threads are physically removed except one. The thread titled God is not statue has been only soft deleted meaning that you do not see it in the forum yet I can recover it if we wanted to. Since a number of members replied to that thread I kept it like that just in case someone wanted it back.

Let's start fresh tomorrow.

Thank you all for your patience.
    satay

Jai Ganesh

Pranam Satay ji
    It is good to see back off this guy; not because he has his views but he can not offend everyone and call those who engage in murti puja as ignorant.
    Murti puja is central to our Hindu Dharma most of us have a little shrine at our home and then we have this wonderful big Mandir where elaborate puja and ceremony take place, people walk or take long journey to visit many very famous tirth and mandirs, to many it brings fulfillment in their life, it enhances their spiritual life, having met different people and experienced different cultures.
    We are many times ridiculed and laughed at for all our idol worship yes that is what they call us idol worshipers
    To counter this argument, we need to be able to defend ourself, if there are positive ideas and scripture evidence we need to be able to express this, so if you like you may keep this open or perhaps start a new thread.

Jai Shree Krishna

namaste Ganesh!

That thread is now recovered.
    satay

Admin Note

Namaste all,

With regret I had to ban our 'hindu' friend maruti for two weeks, hopefully, he/she will learn the rules of this site during these two weeks.

May Lord Shiva shower his grace on him.

We, the members of HDF will pray to Bhagwan for you maruti.

See you soon...

ps: with this, I will now get off my 'soapbox' of which, I suspect, you have all had enough for now...
    Last edited by satay; 13 February 2007 at 12:01 PM.
    satay

Admin note
    namaskar,

Please note that 'willie' has been banned from HDF. The decision to ban him was not hard at all, I had only been waiting so long because it was suggested by other members here that 'differences' should be allowed to flourish. However, continous abuse of the hindu way of living, its sastras, its gurus is beyond healthy differences and flourishment and against HDF purpose of positive presentation of Hindu Dharma.

As hindus we are the first ones to allow differences to flourish and tolerate differences yet it is my opinion and understanding that tolerating abuse and nonsense in the name of 'ahimsa' and 'tolerance' is against Dharma of all varnas.

This is the first of three that are going to be banned shortly.
    satay

Admin Note

Namaskar,

after much contemplation I have soft deleted several threads and posts. I apologize to all members who invested their time and energy in those posts that were deleted. These threads are under review and may come back to life after I have gone through them in detail.

The main reason for this action is that the quality of HDF posts have gone down in the past few days. Some of the controversial threads have caused much emotions among members and thus resulted in personal insults which degraded the overall quality of the forum.

I am reminded of this decision that some of us members took in the past... http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2280 that we will not sacrifice quality in HDFPuri. That HDF is different than other forums in that we offer quality posts and members are considerate of each other.

With respect to forum rules, it seems that forum rules are not clear to many members and thus they keep breaking them without any regard. Thus I will be rewriting the rules more clearly and more specifically.

HDF is for the positive presentation of Hindu Dharma, in it is implied positive presentation of India, Indians, hindus and the indian culture in general. Any posts against the hindu dharma, india, indians, hindus and indian culture are not acceptable on this forum. As an Indian I see no difference in hindu dharma and indian culture; they are intermixed. Those members who disagree with this rule or for some reason can not understand it due to language or other difficulties are always free to redirect themselves out of the forum.

I hope that you will all join me to keep the quality of the posts a top priority.

Thank you.
    satay

Thread Information