Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation

Re: Moderation

Namaste Satay,

You are right. For last a few days there were meaningless discussions going on here.

However, though some threads were correctly deleted, I think it was better to close some of them & not delete them fully. Just a suggestion.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

namaskar devotee,

The threads are only soft deleted i.e. I can recover them when I want. I will go through them and try to salvage the best posts. However I took them off because I don't want search spiders indexing those pages.

Thanks,
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar devotee,

The threads are only soft deleted i.e. I can recover them when I want. I will go through them and try to salvage the best posts. However I took them off because I don't want search spiders indexing those pages.

Thanks,
    Namaste,

I'm just popping in my suggestion also, even though you've have made it quite clear what you intend to do.

It would be good if some of the posts can be retrieved, because people do take the time to respond to the queries or posts of others, even if the initial queries or posts are anti-hindu rants. It is a little discouraging for someone to find their posts deleted, after one has taken time to clarify or provide information in them. I can imagine the one-liners, or simple posts asking for clarification, being deleted in the process, but not those posts that serve to educate many that have misconceptions, or erroneous views, about hinduism, hindu worship practices, Indian culture and history.

The anti-hindu posts can be deleted, but let the rejoinders to many of these posts remain. Otherwise, there is really no point in people bothering to spend time, responding to people's views (as erroneous/misguided/ anti-hindu, as these views may be), or trying to educate others, when a couple of days later, these posts are removed, along with the offensive messages.

One way possibly to counteract the problem of people posting anti-hindu messages in Hindu forums is to immediately delete these offensive posts soon as they appear, after a warning is given, before series of responses to these attacks are posted. I can understand that sometimes these messages are cloaked as ''genuine'' questions on Hinduism, before their true intent is made known. But others are just blantantly, and obviously, anti-hindu (for example, some members openly recommending/advocating christianity for Indian society, criticising or mocking Indians openly, and deriding hindu society or worship practices at every opportunity) that it is obvious that their true intent is deliberate provocation and blatantly anti-hindu.

Hopefully, even if you delete these offending posts or at least the offending lines, you'll be able to retain the responses to these posts.

namaskar ohm,

Yes, I agree with this and I was already in the process of doing this.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshivaya View Post
    Namaste,

I'm just popping in my suggestion also, even though you've have made it quite clear what you intend to do.

It would be good if some of the posts can be retrieved, because people do take the time to respond to the queries or posts of others, even if the initial queries or posts are anti-hindu rants.
    satay

Admin Note

Namaskar all members,

Please be careful of what you post in public forums including HDF. Just a reminder.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/22...er-information
    satay

Exclamation Re: Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Admin Note

Namaskar all members,

Please be careful of what you post in public forums including HDF. Just a reminder.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/22...er-information
    Is there any way i can protest this?

Quote Originally Posted by dhruva023 View Post
    Is there any way i can protest this?
    Just finished posting my comments in that website. Don't know whether or not they will put it up. Google's behavior is increasingly sickening. This big lard of corporate greed is beginning to annoy many. Just because of its hypocrisy and double standard, a 22 year old boy (just a kid, in my view) is languishing in India's prison.
    Last edited by satay; 21 May 2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: see previous post

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshivaya View Post
    Just finished posting my comments in that website. Don't know whether or not they will put it up. Google's behavior is increasingly sickening. This big lard of corporate greed is beginning to annoy many. Just because of its hypocrisy and double standard, a 22 year old boy (just a kid, in my view) is languishing in India's prison.
    I had to edit your post not becuase I care about any political figure in India but because I care about the members of HDF and don't want anyone to get in any trouble.

Thanks,
    satay

Satay: This is just another 'thank you'. Please, people don't make accusations towards me for praising the moderator for my own needs. if I disagree with Satay, I'd say it. For the first time the other day I had the opportunity to read this whole thread. The first post sort of tells it all. It seems that some things sort of go on forever. I congratulate you for having the persistence to continue. As a matter of record, I would have less patience than you do for some of the comments in here. It is like what I used to teach student athletes about the referee in sports. Just remember, we wouldn't be playing at all if it were not for the ref. And in PE classes students took turns being the refs, so they had a feeling for the trouble and difficulty it can sometimes be.

Nandri (Could someone tell me 'thank you' in Sanskrit, if it exists.)

Aum Namasivaya

Pranam EM ji

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    : Nandri (Could someone tell me 'thank you' in Sanskrit, if it exists.)

Aum Namasivaya
    let me try
    धन्यवादdhanyavaada

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information