Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Question Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

I hope I am posting this in the correct section of the forum.

One day in a B & N bookstore I happened on a book called "Healing Mantras" by Thomas Ashley Farrand, the man damn near saved my sanity, my health and life in a 3 month period waiting for test results & a new diagnosis on my health BUT I PREFACE that by saying I STILL USED conventional doctors & medication to aid & alleviate my health issues.

Since I didn’t have mala beads & couldn’t afford those real pretty genuine ones made of sandalwood and different types of material and didn’t have the patience to make my own. I grabbed a set of plain rosary beads and chanted twice a day morning and night for 108x, I would chant 5 mantras for a 40 day period. The mantras that I chanted were as follows:

Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha
    Om and salutations to the remover of obstacles for which Gum is the seed. (boy did it remove some obstacles in my health and even open some new doors funny...how it worked, its actually worked).

Om Sri Shukraya Namaha (saved me IMO)
    Healing of Throat, neck, kidneys, secondary connection with reproductive organs and feet, some thyroid gland influence.

Om Sri Dhanvantre Namaha (Swaha if you’re over 28)
    (phenomenal mantra worked great for me as well)

Mantra for improving your physical health

Om Apa-damapa, Hataram Dataram, Sarva Sampadam, Loki Bhi Ramam, Sri Ramam, Bhuyo Bhuyo Namam-yaham
    Translation:
    Om. O most compassionate Rama. Please send your healing energy right here to the Earth, to the Earth. Salutations.

(the best healing mantra ever written, kind of long but god it worked such a miracle for me, took less than a week to master the pronunciation)

Thomas Ashley-Farrand says that this is THE most powerful healing mantra, and he knows them all. Let me quote him: "I am aware that this mantra is long, but I teach it even to beginners because of the tremendous healing power it produces. I have found that those who are desperate for healing, learn it without difficulty, and many have had extraordinary results."

Om Sri Maha Lakshmiyei Swaha

(OK this one I tried chanting it for (3) 40 day periods and it didn’t work for me AT ALL was looking for an abundance of a 2 or 3 job(s) so I can pay my hospital bills, don’t understand how this one didn’t work.

This mantra is good to use when you are struggling financially. It is also good for bringing about spiritual abundance.

Now my question is lately my mantras have lost there strength of working fully. I've been trying to find a job for 3 years, and so far I’m getting nowhere with some other mantras I have incorporated in my praying rituals....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found 3 mantras 2 for fulfilling wishes and one to attract the one I care and love for.....

1)Om Kapilya Namaha (wish mantra)

2)Om Kama Dayinyei Namaha (another wish mantra, I am going to try this one again for another 40 day discipline)

But I would like to learn more about this Vashikaran Mantra (how many times a day do I need to chant this mantra in a 40 or is it 90 day period?

I even read that I need to chant this mantra at least 100,000 times to even see its full effect to manifest into the results I seek..... so how many times do I really need to chant this mantra, the truth would be truly appreciated?

I get this mantra has a formula and when I ask about it many folks gave a many varying answers and leave out the entire formula on how to chant this particular mantra correctly. Instead I got replied back with in all honestly useless stories on how not to chant this mantra but no reason as to why (which I rather bypass because I am still going to recite this mantra religiously.)

Om Namo Kamakshi Devi Aamuki me Vansham Kuru Kuru Swaha
    (Love mantra that I prefer using and I take out the word Aamuki and place the name of the person that I care for in place of it.)

Om Namo Kamakshi Devi (name of the guy I care for) me Vansham Kuru Kuru Swaha

so it’s cause a tiny spark but still don’t understand why the guy I love isn’t corresponding with me with email the way he was...~LoL~

Sat Patim Dehi Parameshawara is way too weak for my taste that why I chose the one up there....my preference of course & I chant it with great care. I don’t chant mantras all willy nilly either.

Can anyone well versed in chanting mantras tell me what I am doing wrong, is my focus getting weak (cause I don’t feel that is has) and I don’t know about it? Are the mantras spelled wrong? I take great care with chanting these mantras carefully and lately my roll of good fortune with these have kind of dwindled.... help anyone please? was doing decently till things just halted out of nowhere?

Any help regarding the question about my mantras and their formulas are tremendously appreciated. I believe in mantras with my entire heart and soul I refuse to stop chanting for fear of all my prayers coming undone...thank you again.

Thanks.

Re: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

In the beginning, people find their way to mantra repetition (japa¹) out of need. Over time this develops from need into adoration.
    From taking to giving.

The first words of the rig (ṛk or ṛc) veda are
    agnim īḷe purohitam yajñasys devam rtvijam |

Agni I adore ...

praṇām

words

japa जप - ' muttering , whispering' - there is external, and there's internal or ajapā.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

In the beginning, people find their way to mantra repetition (japa&#185 out of need. Over time this develops from need into adoration.
    From taking to giving.

The first words of the rig (ṛk or ṛc) veda are
    agnim īḷe purohitam yajñasys devam rtvijam |

Agni I adore ...
    It is a very unconventional attitude to allow the practice of kamya prayogas as introductory steps leading to a more serious spiritual practice.

Looking at the diverse shastric injunctions concerned with this matter, all application of kamya prayogas must at least be preceded by the daily practice of the respective nitya karmas that have been prescribed for the devata the prayoga is concernend with. The Nitya Karmas, which preferable should be done in a spirit of nishkamya karma, as well as the optional kamya prayogas should only be done after appropriate mantra diksha and advice by a sadguru.

I have never heard of an injuction in any shastra whether vedic or tantrokta, that recommends the practice of any kamya prayogas or even tantrokta shatkarmas,(like Vashikarana) prior to the regular nitya karmas with mantras taken from books or the internet. Ignoring these basic rules of mantra shastra can never lead to proper sadhana or upasana.

On the contrary following such a reversed course of action is conventionally considered a very improper action in all varieties of bharata dharma including the nastika darshanas, like jaina and baudhha, because it tends to accumulate negativity (papa).

I am only a westerner and I sincerely dislike to be in a situation where i feel urged to give advice to Hindus on how to practice their own religion, and wish to apologize for this intrusion.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 10 February 2009 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    It is a very unconventional attitude to allow the practice of kamya prayogas as introductory steps leading to a more serious spiritual practice.

Looking at the diverse shastric injunctions concerned with this matter, all application of kamya prayogas must at least be preceded by the daily practice of the respective nitya karmas that have been prescribed for the devata the prayoga is concernend with. The Nitya Karmas, which preferable should be done in a spirit of nishkamya karma, as well as the optional kamya prayogas should only be done after appropriate mantra diksha and advice by a sadguru.

I have never heard of an injuction in any shastra whether vedic or tantrokta, that recommends the practice of any kamya prayogas or even tantrokta shatkarmas,(like Vashikarana) prior to the regular nitya karmas with mantras taken from books or the internet. Ignoring these basic rules of mantra shastra can never lead to proper sadhana or upasana.

On the contrary following such a reversed course of action is conventionally considered a very improper action in all varieties of bharata dharma including the nastika darshanas, like jaina and baudhha, because it tends to accumulate negativity (papa).

I am only a westerner and I sincerely dislike to be in a situation where i feel urged to give advice to Hindus on how to practice their own religion, and wish to apologize for this intrusion.
    Please no disrespect, but I did not understand one word in your reply back to my question, I only started chanting mantras 3 years ago very successfully to repair my health (I am really still trying to learn the rules/regulations on how I should chant/recite mantras correctly (respectfully the way I always do).

Are you upset about the fact that I am asking on how to approach Vashikaran type mantras or are these mantras not hindu related matras? I'm really not understanding what your saying. If your upset/angry with me I apologize I am just trying to get a correct ritual on how to approach the Vashikaran type mantras correctly (which seem to be a secret set/society of mantras) only gurus are allowed to give advice on, I meant in no way to offend you.

Quote Originally Posted by telltale777 View Post
    Please no disrespect, but I did not understand one word in your reply back to my question, I only started chanting mantras 3 years ago very successfully to repair my health (I am really still trying to learn the rules/regulations on how I should chant/recite mantras correctly (respectfully the way I always do).

Are you upset about the fact that I am asking on how to approach Vashikaran type mantras or are these mantras not hindu related matras? I'm really not understanding what your saying. If your upset/angry with me I apologize I am just trying to get a correct ritual on how to approach the Vashikaran type mantras correctly (which seem to be a secret set/society of mantras) only gurus are allowed to give advice on, I meant in no way to offend you.

I wasn´t replying to your question, but only commenting on the response.

If you like to approach the mantra shastra correctly i recommend the guidance of a sadguru. Mantras generally should best not be taken from books or the internet but from a Guru. Use of Stotras, Namasmarana and puja or prayer would be the correct approach when you are without a Guru.
    As far as i know the Shiva panchakshari and Krishna mahamantra are the only mantras that can be used properly without Guru and diksha.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 10 February 2009 at 11:11 AM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté telltale777

Many have different opinions on the question you have posed to this forum. You have asked a reasonable question so be of good cheer and not to worry with some of the responses, just be simple about it.

I first was introduced to Thomas Ashley-Farrand's work (and spoke with him) in the early 90's. His dedication and one-pointedness to his tasks are to be commended. For me I have taken a different course, but support any positive influence that can be brought to this good earth and that is Ashley's intent.

The key to mantra's is that of their use - they are the sound form of the devatā one is invoking. What am I implying? IMHO it is to one's advantage to avoid window shopping. My teacher would always say we only dig one well at a time. If one has a guru ( as MahaHrada has advised) all is well with the world and guidence is there. Yet if the native takes up a mantra and some good comes of it, there is wisdom to stay with that sound and find out more and more about that sound and who owns it.

This goes to my point on adoration I made above; over time the routine of meditation (the mechanics of it) turns into adoration.
    With that adoration there are those impulses in the Universe that are there to assist us all. If one is 'shopping' then that growth period of the devatā and the devotee, the bhakti भक्ति ( fondness, devotion, relationship, spiritual bond, adoration ) does not have a chance to blossom.

What am I talking about?
    Please read this HDF post on help for the sādhu:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3663 as it lays out the idea and will assist you in your understanding.

You will also find on HDF:
    • Different mantra-s have different uses
    • There are different types of gurus
    • The levels of consciousness that may unfold with practice, their definitons and in-depth discussions
    • Different approaches to meditation and techniques.
    • You will also see a plethora of opinions and views - this is healthy as long as it remains positive. Once jalpa (argumentative debate for the sake of winning and not moving the conversation forward), then that time is much less enjoyable. I myself just do not participate in it.
    Look around a bit , there is a wealth of information here on HDF.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 10 February 2009 at 05:15 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    but support any positive influence that can be brought to this good earth
    "Vashikarana" is one of the tantric Shatkarmas and it is about enslaving someone else by paranormal or occult means, in this case by using a special mantra for japa.

The japa for the purpose of Vashikarana when solely done for the gratificating of personal desires or wishes, cannot be generally considered a positive influence.

Mantra can have a positive influence but also a negative, we should discriminate between these possibilities.

Doing mantra japa for purposes of any of the tantric shatkarmas, without guru kripa and protection of a parampara and sound advice of a sadguru, is certainly not a course of action anyone should recommend.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 10 February 2009 at 07:47 PM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

As I have mentioned and stay by my words, I support any waves of positivity that are brought to this good earth.

If one uses something for self-serving (ill) reasons I cannot control this and they will reap what they sew.
    If there are others that think otherwise, then so be it - I cannot speak for them.

praṇām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

As I have mentioned and stay by my words, I support any waves of positivity that are brought to this good earth.

If one uses something for self-serving (ill) reasons I cannot control this and they will reap what they sew.
    If there are others that think otherwise, then so be it - I cannot speak for them.

praṇām
    The question was about how to use a certain mantra for vashikarana and your reaction is overall encouragement. I fail to see anything positive.

But as i said before i apologize for intrusion since i am no one to judge, if an encouragement is what you think is the correct approach and according to Hindu dharma and the shastras, i feel sort of helpless.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 11 February 2009 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by telltale777 View Post

But I would like to learn more about this Vashikaran Mantra (how many times a day do I need to chant this mantra in a 40 or is it 90 day period?

I get this mantra has a formula and when I ask about it many folks gave a many varying answers -----)
    Om Namo Kamakshi Devi Aamuki me Vansham Kuru Kuru Swaha
    ------still don’t understand why the guy I love isn’t corresponding with me with email the way he was...~LoL~

Can anyone well versed in chanting mantras tell me what I am doing wrong, is my focus getting weak (cause I don’t feel that is has) and I don’t know about it? Are the mantras spelled wrong? I take great care with chanting these mantras carefully and lately my roll of good fortune with these have kind of dwindled.... help anyone please? was doing decently till things just halted out of nowhere?

Any help regarding the question about my mantras and their formulas are tremendously appreciated. I believe in mantras with my entire heart and soul I refuse to stop chanting for fear of all my prayers coming undone...thank you again.
    Thanks.
    Dear Telltale,

In my office there used to be a friend who wore 10 rings on 10 fingers, each ring to propitiate some diety. He was always afraid of something or other, because his natal Sun was positioned in his 12 th house. Once, a knowledgable person saw the stones on my friend's fingers and asked "How do you know that the stones are not inhibiting you?"

IMO, so with mantras which purportedly promise to benefit the practicer in some material way.

Similarly, I ask: How do you know whether the person whom you wish to control through mantra is good or bad for you? God's grace would grant you what is due to you or would save you from an evil influence, simply if you made a silent prayer and left it at His discretion.

I agree with Yajvan ji that one starts with desire but slowly begins to adore the diety and then goes on to understand that the true grace is silence of the mind (desirelessness). Yet, as no one (except Self realised Gurus or Tantrik Masters) know the efficacy (and also the baneful effects) of Kamya mantras, these should not be encouraged.

--------------
    I know some people who get entrance to Balaji temple in Tirupati by paying hefty sums at the door. Some others stand in que to get the darshan. Similarly with mantras. When there are simple prayers for adoring God (who leads to never ceasing bliss), why should one choose/seek a mantra whereby one gains an uncertain goal which may be OK or which may be disastrous? The latter course is surely a mistake as happens with those in distress and/or due to greed but with time good sense prevails.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information