Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Re: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    "Vashikarana" is one of the tantric Shatkarmas and it is about enslaving someone else by paranormal or occult means, in this case by using a special mantra for japa.

The japa for the purpose of Vashikarana when solely done for the gratificating of personal desires or wishes, cannot be generally considered a positive influence.

Mantra can have a positive influence but also a negative, we should discriminate between these possibilities.

Doing mantra japa for purposes of any of the tantric shatkarmas, without guru kripa and protection of a parampara and sound advice of a sadguru, is certainly not a course of action anyone should recommend.

MahaHrada your heavy tone suggests that I should stay completely away from this mantra altogether unless I have the assistance/guidance & protection of a guru kripa I hear you I really do. But I reap what I sow and I've already sown & seen the slowest results of my 40 day discipline of this chant that I already performed and I must say scaring me into NOT doing is really does nothing for me. You might take my course of action foolish or careless but I say that it helped me get this gentleman's attention to grow that a tiny bit more attentive towards me and guess what he is right for me but he is extremely shy man and all I wanted to do is give him a tiny nudge.

You act as though my sole purpose is to perform a voodoo spell on him and wait for him to have his way with me or have him ask me to marry him. Love is not to be rushed (and no I don't feel in any way that the Vashikaran mantra has done that) but guess what I am a willing to take any consequences that come with this mantra.

But this is what I mean when I meant when I said that no one is willing to part with the ritual/correct formula of the number of chants or the type of mala beads needed to manifest the goal of the vashikaran mantra (which I know are just focusing tools but I still would like to approach this mantra with much care as I can without getting crucified for test driving it out)....I feel again that everyone is keeping this mantra shrouded in mystery until one feels I am ready to use it which is horsefeathers to me. But I already found out that I might need to chant it at least a 100,000x times in a 90 day discipline for it to remotely feel or see the effects fully.

But again MahaHrada I thank you so much for being the voice of reason in this thread albeit I will try and take what you said with a grain of salt form discouraging me to use this mantra for my own personal gratification is the way you put it not the way I see it. Sorry to ruffle your feathers but thanks for your input on here.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Dear Telltale,

In my office there used to be a friend who wore 10 rings on 10 fingers, each ring to propitiate some diety. He was always afraid of something or other, because his natal Sun was positioned in his 12 th house. Once, a knowledgable person saw the stones on my friend's fingers and asked "How do you know that the stones are not inhibiting you?"

IMO, so with mantras which purportedly promise to benefit the practicer in some material way.

Similarly, I ask: How do you know whether the person whom you wish to control through mantra is good or bad for you? God's grace would grant you what is due to you or would save you from an evil influence, simply if you made a silent prayer and left it at His discretion.

I agree with Yajvan ji that one starts with desire but slowly begins to adore the diety and then goes on to understand that the true grace is silence of the mind (desirelessness). Yet, as no one (except Self realised Gurus or Tantrik Masters) know the efficacy (and also the baneful effects) of Kamya mantras, these should not be encouraged.

--------------
    I know some people who get entrance to Balaji temple in Tirupati by paying hefty sums at the door. Some others stand in que to get the darshan. Similarly with mantras. When there are simple prayers for adoring God (who leads to never ceasing bliss), why should one choose/seek a mantra whereby one gains an uncertain goal which may be OK or which may be disastrous? The latter course is surely a mistake as happens with those in distress and/or due to greed but with time good sense prevails.

Om
    Atanu like MahaHrada I thank you for your pearls of wisdom as well but a simple pray to wish the one I love to come to me falls on deaf ears....been doing that for 30+ years its time that I take action for my life and not wait by the sidelines for it to happen to me. I know this gentleman is the RIGHT guy for me & that is why I have chose the vashikaran mantra to give me that extra nudge.

I apologize if my goals seem tremendously greedy & uncertain to you but again I am willing to deal with the baneful effects/fallouts as you put out there to discourage me from attempting this mantra, no worries I've heard the stories of spells gone wrong that women cast to get the man of their dreams only to end up with a toad ~LoL~. Sure I know that could happen to me but guess what I have 2 eyes wide open waiting to bail on any disaster should it strike, I reap the effects of I sow, so far I sowed an email from my guy after 40 days of chanting this mantra...and guess what, he didn't profess an ounce of love just asked me to meet him for coffee (OMG the sky will be falling now ~LoL~) All this mantra has done is given me a sliver of hope where I had none before. All I am trying very hard to do is get a set formula/ritual on how to perform and how many times to chant this mantra...cause chanting it a 108x a day twice a day for 40 days didn't make such a dent....

Again thank you for you words Atanu and your concern I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by telltale777 View Post
    MahaHrada your heavy tone suggests that I should stay completely away from this mantra altogether unless I have the assistance/guidance & protection of a guru kripa I hear you I really do. But I reap what I sow and I've already sown & seen the slowest results of my 40 day discipline of this chant that I already performed and I must say scaring me into NOT doing is really does nothing for me. You might take my course of action foolish or careless but I say that it helped me get this gentleman's attention to grow that a tiny bit more attentive towards me and guess what he is right for me but he is extremely shy man and all I wanted to do is give him a tiny nudge.

You act as though my sole purpose is to perform a voodoo spell on him and wait for him to have his way with me or have him ask me to marry him. Love is not to be rushed (and no I don't feel in any way that the Vashikaran mantra has done that) but guess what I am a willing to take any consequences that come with this mantra.

But this is what I mean when I meant when I said that no one is willing to part with the ritual/correct formula of the number of chants or the type of mala beads needed to manifest the goal of the vashikaran mantra (which I know are just focusing tools but I still would like to approach this mantra with much care as I can without getting crucified for test driving it out)....I feel again that everyone is keeping this mantra shrouded in mystery until one feels I am ready to use it which is horsefeathers to me. But I already found out that I might need to chant it at least a 100,000x times in a 90 day discipline for it to remotely feel or see the effects fully.

But again MahaHrada I thank you so much for being the voice of reason in this thread albeit I will try and take what you said with a grain of salt form discouraging me to use this mantra for my own personal gratification is the way you put it not the way I see it. Sorry to ruffle your feathers but thanks for your input on here.
    I already wrote that and will write it again. Please do not misunderstand me. I am not talking about you. I am not concernend at all about you or your plans, and never intended to give any personal advice to you. You will do what you do.
    By the way i am not at all in the position to give any advices to anybody on the internet and i am not aspiring for such things.
    Except when you asked me i told you that mantra shastra is traditionally studied better with a Guru not from books or the Internet. You should not be concerned about the rest of what i wrote it was directed towards a discussion of a more general idea. Which is what does the shastra tell us about mantra and prayogas?
    Since this group is called Hindu Dharma Forum i thought it might be good if there was at least some mentioning of the traditional shastric injunctions and rules and the qualifications that are needed for someone aspiring to be a sadhaka practicing tantrokta or vaidika Prayogas and Shatkarmas.

--- but a simple pray to wish the one I love to come to me falls on deaf ears....been doing that for 30+ years its time that I take action for my life ----.
    Namaste telltale,

Your goal is not greedy. However, if you are sure of your man and you love the man then it may be better to simply talk to him and let him know. Just analyze this. You say that you do not want to sit in the sideline, yet what you are doing with chanting a mantra? Are you still not sitting in the sideline with a vague hope? Take action by all means and that means be straight forward -- bashikaran etc. is not required. Moreover, frankly I cannot make out the meaning of the particular bashikaran mantra (Om Namo Kamakshi Devi Aamuki me Vansham Kuru Kuru Swaha) that you have cited. Have you been told of the meaning?

Think of this in another way. If some one successfully played bashikaran mantra on you and induced you to do an abominable act, would you love that?

Too much craving for any thing is not approved in Hinduism and using a mantra for this purpose is truly beyond me -- I cannot suggest it for any young brother or sister. If a certain desired outcome does not happen with a simple keen prayer to God, then know that God loves you.

I am not discouraging you. I think you should get what you deserve and it should match to what you wish for. And such a match happens more easily with Gayatri Mantra chanting. My sincere best wishes for you.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 11 February 2009 at 09:47 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Namaste telltale777.

I don't consider myself qualified to give advice on healing or vashIkaraNa mantras, but I should like to correct the pronunciation of one the mantras you have given:

Om Apa-damapa, Hataram Dataram, Sarva Sampadam, Loki Bhi Ramam, Sri Ramam, Bhuyo Bhuyo Namam-yaham
    Translation:
    Om. O most compassionate Rama. Please send your healing energy right here to the Earth, to the Earth. Salutations.

(the best healing mantra ever written, kind of long but god it worked such a miracle for me, took less than a week to master the pronunciation)
    The correct text of the mantra is:

ApadAm apahartAram dAtAram sarvasaMpadAm |
    lokAbhirAmam shrIrAmam bhUyo bhUyo namAmyaham ||

--(ITRANS and Baraha transliteration schemes)

It reads thus in Sanskrit script:

आपदाम् अपहर्तारम् दातारम् सर्वसंपदाम् ।
    लोकाभिरामम् श्रीरामम् भूयो भूयो नमाम्यहम् ॥

And the correct meaning of the verse is:

"I bow again and again to Shree Rama who removes (all) obstacles and grants all wealth and pleases all."

ApadAm - obstacles, misfortunes, calamities; apahartAram - removing, stealing, carrying off; dAtAram - gives, bestows; sarva - all; saMpadAm - wealth, success, accomplishment; lokAbhirAmam - pleases all the people; shrIrAmam - ShrI Rama; bhUyo bhUyo - again and again; namAmyaham - I bow to.

This is a salutation offered at the start of reading any scripture as per tradition. This prayer is for removing all obstacles encountered. The prefix Sri to Rama indicates that Rama is always accompanied by Sri, His consort Seetha in the form of goddess Sri Maha Lakshmi. (http://www.valmikiramayan.net/)

This mantra is listed as the 35th verse in the Rama Raksha Stotra. You can listen to the audio of this song at http://msabhiblog.blogspot.com/2009/...and-video.html
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Namaste telltale777.

I don't consider myself qualified to give advice on healing or vashIkaraNa mantras, but I should like to correct the pronunciation of one the mantras you have given:

It reads thus in Sanskrit script:

आपदाम् अपहर्तारम् दातारम् सर्वसंपदाम् ।
    लोकाभिरामम् श्रीरामम् भूयो भूयो नमाम्यहम् ॥

And the correct meaning of the verse is:

"I bow again and again to Shree Rama who removes (all) obstacles and grants all wealth and pleases all."

ApadAm - obstacles, misfortunes, calamities; apahartAram - removing, stealing, carrying off; dAtAram - gives, bestows; sarva - all; saMpadAm - wealth, success, accomplishment; lokAbhirAmam - pleases all the people; shrIrAmam - ShrI Rama; bhUyo bhUyo - again and again; namAmyaham - I bow to.

This is a salutation offered at the start of reading any scripture as per tradition. This prayer is for removing all obstacles encountered. The prefix Sri to Rama indicates that Rama is always accompanied by Sri, His consort Seetha in the form of goddess Sri Maha Lakshmi. (http://www.valmikiramayan.net/)

This mantra is listed as the 35th verse in the Rama Raksha Stotra. You can listen to the audio of this song at http://msabhiblog.blogspot.com/2009/...and-video.html

Thank you Saidevo but the spelling/pronunciation of that mantra I found in a book called Healing Mantras by Thomas Ashely Farrand and believe me I appreciate your input but that's not the mantra I am inquiring or have trouble chanting. That mantra saved my life. But thank you all the same.

Re: Mantras & their strength, intent/meanings???

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté
    Some may be reading the posts above but wonder what is at the core of the conversation? If I may let me offer the following as I see it.

Some say there are 70 million mantra-s; This is called out in the Mālinīvijayottara tantra (1.18). Later the book calls out that Śiva has appointed 35 million mantras for use. Others say each word of the veda is a mantra ( which is true when one understands the word in full) . In any case there are many more mantras available then one individual may make use of.

Now, there is a body of knowledge called mantra-śastra. Within that body there is ṣaḍkarma ( some write ṣaṭkarma) - 6 actions or intent (purpose) of mantra-s. Are there others? Yes, but for this string the 6 matches the conversation-set at this time.

Here are the 6
    • śānti शान्ति- peace. Mantra-s for general well being, and removing one from the cycle of rebirth.
    • vaśīkāran or vaśīkāra वशीकार - bringing into control; subjugation; We see the word vaśī + kāra : vaśī or holding others in submission to the will + kāra making , doing , working , a maker ; Some may call this vidheya - to make obedient.
      This was called out above . Mantra-s used to captivate another with-or-without their knowing.
    • stambhanam or stambha स्तम्भ - fixedness , stiffness , rigidity ,paralysis , stupefaction . This is for creating obstructions.
    • vidveśana विद्वेशन vid + veśana: vid to get or procure for + veśana - that act of entering ; one can consider veśī or piercing.
      This mantra type creates a split ( or difference ~ dissention) between others ( people, groups, etc).
    • ucchatanā ucca + tanā : ucca उच्च is high , lofty , elevated , yet also intense , violent + tanā तन uninterrupted succession ; This mantra type is for creating aversion between others ( people, groups, etc.)
    • marana or mara मर dying , death. From this word you can see this mantra type is death-causing.
    As mentioned I support the uplifting approach , śānti. The benefits go to the practitioner and the environment. It brings a life-supporting influence to the family of man. This is how I was taught and I stay with the program.

There are those that may use some of the approaches mentioned above. That has been the jest of the conversation. Some may be using a mantra and not know its influence and this can bring the wrong influence (cause mischief) , even though the intent was well-meant. Others may be using a mantra with no results, it is dead. What do I mean?

Mantra-s need to be enlivened , brought to life and there are multiple 'features' to this which I choose not to lay out. But that said, the value of receiving a mantra from a proper instructor ( teacher, guru, etc.) is of great value; Given by the guru this enlivening process has been accomplished and the mantra is ready for application.

What is needed is the proper application and purascarana (number of repetitions) for siddhi ( sidh = to turn out well i.e. success).
    This is the value of teacher-student ( guru-śiṣya ) relationship, as the guru brings the knowledge of the paramparā (tradition, lineage) to use in the proper mantra application.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 12 February 2009 at 03:12 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

saidevo writes,

telltale777 writes,
    Om Apa-damapa, Hataram Dataram, Sarva Sampadam, Loki Bhi Ramam, Sri Ramam, Bhuyo Bhuyo Namam-yaham
    Translation:
    Om. O most compassionate Rama. Please send your healing energy right here to the Earth, to the Earth. Salutations.

Note that both mantra-s are equal , but in text look different. Telltale777's mantra is taken from Thomas Ashley-Farrand's book ( page 123, 1996 addition is the one I possess). He, Thomas Ashley-Farrand, has written it out for those new to mantra-s can pronounce out each word-sound. That is why he shows the mantra with simple breaks shown above i.e. words for easier comprehension.

Hence other then the fomat look-n-feel telltale777 starts with Om ( oṁ ॐ ), and also writes 'Loki', yet in Thomas Ashley-Farrand's
    book he has 'Loka' ( as mentioned I am viewing page 123, 1996 addition).

Both Mantra's are the same, yet different meanings come out… how can this be? A key word that makes the translations different is bhUyo ( as saidevo wites it) and Bhuyo offered by telltale777.
    Lets take a look.
    • bhu भु - is becoming , being, existing.
    • bhū भू ( note the long u which sounds out like oo as in pool) - becoming , being , existing , springing , arising; and bhū also means (when feminine) earth (as a substance) , ground , soil , land , lauded property .
    Hence in telltale777's version , Thomas Ashley-Farrand is seeing it as 'earth' i.e. 'Please send your healing energy right here to the Earth, to the Earth'.

Now lets look at bhUyo as per saidevo.
    bhUyo is the ITRANS method for writing bhūyo भूयो. Now what of this bhūyo?
    • bhūyo भूयो means or is equal to bhūyas भूयस्.
    • bhūyas means 'becoming' … due to its root in bhū, yet it also means ' once more', 'still more' - and from this we get saidevo's 'again and again'.
    Hence some see differences, but with a deeper look we can find sameness ( samā).

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 11 February 2009 at 07:40 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Om Sri Maha Lakshmiyei Swaha

(OK this one I tried chanting it for (3) 40 day periods and it didnt work for me AT ALL was looking for an abundance of a 2 or 3 job(s) so I can pay my hospital bills, dont understand how this one didnt work.

This mantra is good to use when you are struggling financially. It is also good for bringing about spiritual abundance.

Now my question is lately my mantras have lost there strength of working fully. I've been trying to find a job for 3 years, and so far Im getting nowhere with some other mantras I have incorporated in my praying rituals....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pranam Telltale,

For a little financial help I started chanting:
    Om Shreem, Reem Shreem. Kamalee, Kamalalay Praseed Praseed. Om Shreem, Reem Shreem Maha Laxmi Namah.
    I found info on the web that this mantra has to be chanted 125,000 times.

When I first heard that mantra I thought it was absolutey beautiful. At first I started chanting and I loved it. I would chant in front of Maha Laxmi picture and circle the light. Later I started feeling selfish. Chanting to get to 125k started to seem like work. After doing only 10,000 I became disgusted with myself and stopped.

I realize the need to support myself. Keeping a chart and counting using a mala made me question my faith. I needed a job. The rent was due in 2 weeks and I had nothing. I was chanting while begging Mata Laxmi for help. I felt fear of being homeless in 2 weeks, disgust and anger in having to beg my Beloved God for money. I was thinking that money should just be given to me. I shouldn't have to beg for it! After all I am a good person. Yea, I was an emotional wreak! Something (a little voice) told me that this was not the way to show love and respect towards God. Have faith.

I started chanting Om and regain my mental stability. I decided to face whatever what may come. The next day I went and talked to the apartment manager.

Om Shanti

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaunis View Post
    Pranam Telltale,

I started chanting Om and regain my mental stability. I decided to face whatever what may come. The next day I went and talked to the apartment manager.

Om Shanti
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information