Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Re: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Quote Originally Posted by telltale777 View Post
    I guess I'll never get the true answer...but at least I tried. Sooory again for upseting/angering anyone here.

But again I thank you for your concerns, your words and for your caring thoughts.
    Namaste telltale,

You will not get true answer because you do not want it. Do you think that all those who have successfully gained love of some partner did the japa of Kamakshya Mantra one million times? You have set yourself up not to listen to anyone.

I am not upset or angry (as you say) but I am acting merely as I would have advised someone close to me.

For your curiosity, I will add two points to what Yajvan Ji has already added about the repetitions.

• Whenever you see varying answers know that there is no science and no truth but only opinions.
    • The number of repetitions cannot be same for two different sadhakas of unequal maturity. The rule that I follow is to just continue to do it till it does not go away on its own. Satapatha Brahmana has instruction regarding this. It says that whatever form of Agni one lights up (for worship, contemplation, japa etc.) one must continue with the same for at least one year.
    Hope that above two posts (of Yajvan ji and to some extent mine) may answer your query. Mother Kamakshi fulfills all desires for the good outcome.

Love. Best Wishes.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 13 February 2009 at 04:12 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

I buy one book 3 years ago called "Healing Mantras" by Thomas Ashley Farrand and already I am being critqiued on one letter that was printed incorrectly within the mantra. My reply to that is "If it ain't broke don't fix it." I've done 3 or 4 mantras for correcting/repairing my health and 2 or 3 mantras to open/unblock my roads to help me find a job & help me attain some money (yes I will go down into a firey hell for being selfish for using a mantra to help me gain monetary abundance ~LoL~ but at least I can afford to buy gas and food and medication I need), so far its been slow in happening but its turning the wheels of success my way albeit extremely slowly and I am good with that.

And guess what Atanu, you are 250% RIGHT not one of these replies except for Vajvan make me happy or help me understand why reciting/chanting the Vashikaran mantra is so evil. The more you shroud the mantra in mystery for novice like me the more I am incline to recite even further.

Saidevo, no need to worry or concern yourself dear heart about me & doing this mantra out of selfish need which may seem like it is to you but it is not to me. Praying to God for me is useless because he hasn't heard not one of my prayers for 30+ years, if a god heard me by now he wouldn't leave me close to homeless, without a job, with no health insurance and 3 years ago landed me in a hospital sick as a dog, a god like that doesn't put a mere human being through the wringer and watch them suffer for a gag & a laugh. This god has watched me do everything humanly possible to find a job, try and afford health insurance and keep my health from falling back where it did 3 years ago.....I help to help myself, NOT GOD as you so badly want to put my life in its so called hands, but enough of the way I feel about god and my opinion on him.
    The mantras I've been reciting day in and out saved my life they are the ONLY faith ridden prayers I will utter when I am at my worst whenever those times are for me.

Now I would like to know why would anyone post these Vashikaran mantras out here online for a novice like me to experiment with Hmmmm any one have an answer to that?

http://www.kalki.ru/vashikaran-mantr...sikaran-tilak/

http://www.aryabhatt.com/mantras/VASHIKARAN.htm

I already used one of the mantras to gain this specific gentleman's attention, I chanted the mantra for 40 days a 108x and I already received a package in the mail from him and an invitation to coffee.
    Now that I've witnessed the results of this mantra because (Saidevo talking to him is like pulling teeth, been ther and done that more than a billion times) I feel more inclined to use this mantra and get him to connect with me further. And yes he is the right guy for me cause he and I have been circling each other for 5 years and this mantra should at least help me glue his attention towards me a bit more. And guess what good karma, so so karma, bad karma, I'm always in the thick of things anyway and if I am to suffer a fiery death to hell so be it. At least I die happy ~LoL~

I am still trying to figure out if I need to chant this mantra for 100,000x between a 40 or 90 day period or just chant it the regular 40 day discipline 108x a day? I wish I knew why this mantra is so darn heavily shrouded in secrecy that I have to wait for a guru to give me permission to use it.

But thank you you all from the bottom of my heart for trying to answer my questions even though I really did not understand one rule or regulation you guys posted out here for me reagarding mantras and their language as a whole. I just use the Healing Mantras book when I find myself in some trouble and chant till I feel comfortable in facing the situations I am left to deal with. I meditate even better when I chant myself into a peaceful frame of mind.

Thank you again to all who've replied and will keep on replying. Boy as a new member of this site I already feel I stirred this posting section real fast, sorry for any trouble I've cause or ruffled anyone's spiritual feathers.
    Pranam TellTale,
    Please accept my apology, I certainly had no intention of upsetting you. My experience with mantra's is limited to only a few. I try to stick to the one's that I can pronounce as well as understand. With these mantras you can actually invoke God. Here is a list of my favorites:

DURGA Gayatri : Om Girijaye Vidmahe shiv Prijaye dhimahi tanno durga prachodyat. (eventually you will start to feel tingling on the top of your head and heat in your abdomen)
    SARASWATI Gayatri : Om Saraswati vidmahe Bramhaputreeye dhimahi tanno sharda prachodyat. (Goddess of wisdom and knowledge will flood you with spiritual knowledge)
    BRAHMA Gayatri : Om chaturmukhay vidmahe hansha rudhaya dhimahi tanno brahma prachodyat.
    BRAHMA Gayatri : Om Chaturmakhay vidmahe kamandaludharai Dhimahi Tanno Brahma Prachodyat.
    VISHNU Gayatri : Om ekshurngai vidmahe Maha Matsayay dhimahi tanno vishnu prachodyat. (The world sustainer and maintainer, very benevolent husband of Mother Laxmi)
    VISHNU Gayatri : Om narayanay vidmahe vasudevay dhimahi tanno prachodyat.
    LAXMI Gayatri : Om Maha Laxmaiye vidmahe vishnu priyaye Dhimahi Tanno Laxmi Prachodyat. (This is who you want to please. Make an alter dedicated to her. Always offer her food before you eat it (no meat). Thank her for everything. She likes cleanliness.)
    GANESH Gayatri : Om Lambodarai vidmahe Maha devay Dhimahi Tanno dantee prachodyat.
    GANESH Gayatri : Om ekdantai vidmahe Vakra tundai dhimahi tanno dantee prachodyat. (remover of obstacles, obedient son of Mother Durga and Shiv)
    SHIV Gayatri : Om tat purushai vidmahe mahadevai dhimahi tanno rudra prachodyat. (Lord of Lord's, God of God's, The Great God He is OM)

BRAHMA Gayatri : Om parameshwarai vidmahe param tatwai dhimahi tanno brahma prachodyat.

These Gayatri Mantra's are very potent. If you are of Christian orgin please don't look at this as praying to different God's. One God with many characteristics, personalities and energy patterns.

The easiest mantra for me is OM. Ganesh Mantra is the one for removing problems and controlling our ganas. Laxmi Mantra is for wealth building. Laxmi is the Goddess of fame and fortune. Although She is much, much, much more. It is said that Mother Laxmi rewards devotion, sincerity, persistance, dedication and adoration.

And yes God does and always will play games with us. If you have Hindu beliefs I recommend that you try (as much as possible) to take life lightly because you are going to be doing it over and over and over again.

If you can get you a small MP3 player and download the correct pronounciation of your favorite mantra's. This way you can listen to them all the time. Eventually, you will start to hear them whether you are listening to them or not. You can probably download some of the mantras from YouTube. As for the MP3 player they only cost between $8 to $15. If you can't get one let me know I have plenty that I haven't even used yet. I'll send you one.

Again, if I upset you in any way please accept my apology. I hope I was able to help this time.

Om Shanti

" no need to worry or concern yourself dear heart about me & doing this mantra out of selfish need which may seem like it is to you but it is not to me. Praying to God for me is useless because he hasn't heard not one of my prayers for 30+ years, if a god heard me by now he wouldn't leave me close to homeless, without a job, with no health insurance and 3 years ago landed me in a hospital sick as a dog, a god like that doesn't put a mere human being through the wringer and watch them suffer for a gag & a laugh. This god has watched me do everything humanly possible to find a job, try and afford health insurance and keep my health from falling back where it did 3 years ago.....I help to help myself, NOT GOD as you so badly want to put my life in its so called hands, but enough of the way I feel about god and my opinion on him.
    The mantras I've been reciting day in and out saved my life they are the ONLY faith ridden prayers I will utter when I am at my worst whenever those times are for me."

Pranam,
    I forgot to say something. PLease try not to exhibit so much anger towards God. If nothing more you are inviting a challenge. ShivShankar likes to test and play with us. Try not to give him any reasons to mess with you.

The above text in pink is from my actual experiences.

Om Shanti

Om Namah Shivay, Oh Bholenath please forgive me if I said anything wrong or against you, I am just trying to help, Om Namah Shivay.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post

Yet, I cannot help but feel that there must be something ethically and morally wrong with what the OP is trying to do with the one specific mantra she is using.
    I question whether mixing dirt taken from the body in someone elses food without his knowledge and consent is still unethical or already criminal.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

I wrote
    There is a rule of thumb that suggests repetitions depend on the number of akṣara अक्षर(syllables or phonemes) the mantra contains. Pending the number, 1 lac (lakśa लक्ष; 1 lac =100,000) is counted for each akṣara and the total count = the total repetitions that bring siddhi (sidh= to attain or success).
    That is why the proper mantra format is of great value. The correct akṣara is considered from the saṁskṛt akṣara format not an interpretation. This has nothing to do with meaning of the mantra but its saṁskṛt (some like to write sanskrit) akṣara count.

Now let me be the praṣṭṛ प्रष्टृ- one who asks or inquires. How long will it take to do 1 lakśa (100,000) repetitions (purascarana) of a mantra?
    Lets make a few estimates.
    For a mantra that is bīja-akṣara¹ (written bījākṣara) lets assume the matra¹ is 3 ,4 or 5 seconds in duration. This also includes the pause matra between each repetition.
    • 3 seconds = 20 per min, 1200 per hour and 83.3 hrs per 1 lakśa
    • 4 seconds = 15 per min, 900 per and hour 111.1 hrs per 1 lakśa
    • 5 seconds = 12 per min, 720 per hour and 138.9 hrs per 1 lakśa
    One can say I plan on doing 1 hr per day or 2 hrs, etc. and can then calculate the number of days for the completion of 1 lakśa (some prefer to write lac).

Lets go to a prasiddha (well known) mantra that has more then just one syllable:
    Śiva's pañcākṣara ( 5 syllable ~phonemes~ or akṣara) - nama śivāya
    It is recommended it should be repeated 5 lac times i.e. 5 akṣara in the mantra X 100,000 = 500,000 or 5 lakśa. Is there some authority that suggests this number is correct? Yes. The Śiva mahāpurāṇa, Vidyeśvara saṃhitā (section), 17th khaṇḍa (chapter or parvan) 53rd śloka.
    • 4 seconds = 15 per min, 900 per hour and 111.1 hrs per 1 lakśa ; 5 lacs = 555.6 hours
    • 5 seconds = 12 per min, 720 per hour and 138.9 hrs per 1 lakśa ; 5 lacs = 694.4 hours
    • 6 seconds = 10 per min, 600 per hour and 166.6 hrs. per 1 lakśa ; 5 lacs = 833.3 hrs.
    So what does one do when talking of these large amounts? One approach is to calculate what matra or personal measure is at i.e. personal metre ( chandas).

Lets say my speed is at 5 seconds per repetition. And this is done for 2 hrs total a day ( AM and PM). This then suggests that 347.2 days are needed to complete 5 lakśa.
    In this method one does not count the individual repetitions but only the days that pass not getting caught into the detail of each mantra repetition.
    With this approach one can also set a 'missed repetition' number. That is, say your mind wanders and you miss a few repetitions. No worries.
    You say ( and calculate in) that you miss on avg. 2%. So you add in 2% more back in on this practice. That is, you add an additional 13 hrs ( 2% X 694 hrs) to the total or 694.4 + 13 = 707.4 hrs, or a total of 353.7 days ( round up to 354 days).
    Note that this number is very close to the number offered by atanu-ji in post number 31 above:
    The number of repetitions cannot be same for two different sadhakas of unequal maturity. The rule that I follow is to just continue to do it till it does not go away on its own. Satapatha Brahmana has instruction regarding this. It says that whatever form of Agni one lights up (for worship, contemplation, japa etc.) one must continue with the same for at least one year.
    My teacher favored this time period also, he would say it is better to be late by 6 months ( that is 6 months of extra repetitions) , then to be one day too early with ones use of the mantra.

Are there other approaches? Sure. Use the 108 count for each sitting for japa of the mantra. Many like to use multiples of 108. This is where you actually count each mantra. This is usually done with some mālā¹ .

Other approaches? I am sure members of HDF also have some ideas on this matter.

praṇām

words
    • matra मात्र- measure of any kind ( note not mantra)
    • praṣṭṛ प्रष्टृ- one who asks or inquires
    • bīja बीजseed; element , primary cause or principle , source ; syllable which forms the essential part of the mantra of any devatā
    • aksara अक्षर- the syllable ; also means imperishable
    • prasiddha प्रसिद्ध- well known
    • mālā माला- a string of beads , necklace , rosary; also a wreath. Not to be confused with mala - that of a blemish, dirt, etc.
    Last edited by yajvan; 14 February 2009 at 08:32 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

I wrote

jāpa जाप- muttering, wispering; ajāpa this muttering is done internally, no veral movement of the lips; within the mind.
    A few types of jāpa:
    • saśabda (jāpa) सशब्द- having sound or noise , full of cries; that which are auidable to all that listen… note 'audible' - does not imply comprehension or understanding.
    • upāṃśu (jāpa) उपांशु- secretly or in secret; This implies in the mind - 'secret' ; or in a low voice , in a whisper where no one can discern the words.
    • ajāpa (jāpa) अजप - from jap - one who does not repeat prayers - the implication is 'verbally', yet can also be used as one who just does not engage in mantra repetitions.
    No matter which format , all are heard by Śrī Devī , parāvāk, the noble (nāyikā) 3 cornered One.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 15 February 2009 at 06:03 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    I question whether mixing dirt taken from the body in someone elses food without his knowledge and consent is still unethical or already criminal.

OK MahaHrada you make me sound like a sorceress and I have NO intention of mixing dirt from another's body in someone elses food without his knowledge & consent is (just plain wrong & disgusting).

For the last time this one Vashikaran mantra is all I want to chant, just trying to translate one lac's worth of repetitions down for myself. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

I wrote

Now let me be the praṣṭṛ प्रष्टृ- one who asks or inquires. How long will it take to do 1 lakśa (100,000) repetitions (purascarana) of a mantra?
    Lets make a few estimates.
    For a mantra that is bīja-akṣara¹ (written bījākṣara) lets assume the matra¹ is 3 ,4 or 5 seconds in duration. This also includes the pause matra between each repetition.
    • 3 seconds = 20 per min, 1200 per hour and 83.3 hrs per 1 lakśa
    • 4 seconds = 15 per min, 900 per and hour 111.1 hrs per 1 lakśa
    • 5 seconds = 12 per min, 720 per hour and 138.9 hrs per 1 lakśa
    One can say I plan on doing 1 hr per day or 2 hrs, etc. and can then calculate the number of days for the completion of 1 lakśa (some prefer to write lac). <= was planning on doing that as well.

Lets go to a prasiddha (well known) mantra that has more then just one syllable:
    Śiva's pa&#241;cākṣara ( 5 syllable ~phonemes~ or akṣara) - nama śivāya
    It is recommended it should be repeated 5 lac times i.e. 5 akṣara in the mantra X 100,000 = 500,000 or 5 lakśa. Is there some authority that suggests this number is correct? Yes. The Śiva mahāpurāṇa, Vidyeśvara saṃhitā (section), 17th khaṇḍa (chapter or parvan) 53rd śloka.
    • 4 seconds = 15 per min, 900 per hour and 111.1 hrs per 1 lakśa ; 5 lacs = 555.6 hours
    • 5 seconds = 12 per min, 720 per hour and 138.9 hrs per 1 lakśa ; 5 lacs = 694.4 hours
    • 6 seconds = 10 per min, 600 per hour and 166.6 hrs. per 1 lakśa ; 5 lacs = 833.3 hrs.
    So what does one do when talking of these large amounts? One approach is to calculate what matra or personal measure is at i.e. personal metre ( chandas).

Lets say my speed is at 5 seconds per repetition. And this is done for 2 hrs total a day ( AM and PM). This then suggests that 347.2 days are needed to complete 5 lakśa.
    In this method one does not count the individual repetitions but only the days that pass not getting caught into the detail of each mantra repetition.
    With this approach one can also set a 'missed repetition' number. That is, say your mind wanders and you miss a few repetitions. No worries.
    You say ( and calculate in) that you miss on avg. 2&#37;. So you add in 2% more back in on this practice. That is, you add an additional 13 hrs ( 2% X 694 hrs) to the total or 694.4 + 13 = 707.4 hrs, or a total of 353.7 days ( round up to 354 days).
    Note that this number is very close to the number offered by atanu-ji in post number 31 above:
    My teacher favored this time period also, he would say it is better to be late by 6 months ( that is 6 months of extra repetitions) , then to be one day too early with ones use of the mantra.

Are there other approaches? Sure. Use the 108 count for each sitting for japa of the mantra. Many like to use multiples of 108. This is where you actually count each mantra. This is usually done with some mālā&#185; .

Other approaches? I am sure members of HDF also have some ideas on this matter.

praṇām

words
    • matra मात्र- measure of any kind ( note not mantra)
    • praṣṭṛ प्रष्टृ- one who asks or inquires
    • bīja बीजseed; element , primary cause or principle , source ; syllable which forms the essential part of the mantra of any devatā
    • aksara अक्षर- the syllable ; also means imperishable
    • prasiddha प्रसिद्ध- well known
    • mālā माला- a string of beads , necklace , rosary; also a wreath. Not to be confused with mala - that of a blemish, dirt, etc.

Now we are finally getting to the meat of what a lac and how many times I really need to chant these words to feel the change in the air. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you I will keep this post as reference in mind, did I mention Thank you =)

OK MahaHrada you make me sound like a sorceress and I have NO intention of mixing dirt from another's body in someone elses food without his knowledge & consent is (just plain wrong & disgusting).

For the last time this one Vashikaran mantra is all I want to chant, just trying to translate one lac's worth of repetitions down for myself. That's all.
    And i will tell you the last time i am not talking about you or with you and will not advice you.

By the way all vashikarana is sorcery, when not done for communal welfare. What would you call Vashikaran for personal ends, if not sorcery or magic or witchcraft? Shatkarmas are certainly not innocent prayers.

This is the instruction you want our help to practise it correctly, copied from the website you mentioned, if that recipe is NOT sorcery what do you think IS sorcery?

"Om Namo Kamakshi Devi Aamuki me Vansham Kuru Kuru Swaha"
    After attaining siddhi of this mantra use any of the following methods and articels etc., which can be exorcised 108 times by the above mantra and the desired results are obtained.
    (a) Take out dust from all nails of the hands, feet and nose on sunday. Exorcise and then give to lady or any person to eat in bettel leaf.
    (b) Make a powder of Kakjanga, Kesar, Mausli and Tagar. Exorcise 108 times with above mantra. Preserve the powder and put on the forehead of the the lady or any person who will become in infatuated with you.
    (c) Procure on sunday flowers, leaves root, trunk and branch of black datura tree or plant. Mix in them kesar, Camphor and Gorochan. Make a powder of all. Exorcise the same 108 times. Put Tilak on the forehead and go before the lady or any person, who will be subjected to Vashi Karan.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 16 February 2009 at 08:54 AM.

Namaste
    Tat Savitur Vareniyam...
    In the Gayatri Mantra, we bring with our minds vareniya, venerations, adoration and worship to Lord Savitur...

Can someone please explain to me if Lord Savitur is considered an AVATAR ? Is He a representation of Brahma, Vishnu or Shiva ? Or perhaps Rudra?

OM NA MAH SIVAYAM
    pasu

Thread Information