Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Re: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Namaste

Tat Savitur Vareniyam

Can somone give me the ORIGIN of the Gayatri Mantra ?

I know it is a very old and powerful Mantra...

thank you for your help
    pasu

hari o
    ~~~~~~

Namast pasu,

We know this gāyatrī is from the ṛgved - 3.62.10

tat saviturvareṇyaṃ
    bhargho devasya dhīmahi
    dhiyo yo naḥ pracodayāt ||

Here is one ( 2006) post that discusses it a bit more:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=567&highlight=Gayatri

praṇām

1. gāyatrī गायत्री - can be the mantra, or the metre; metre of twenty-four syllables , variously arranged , but generally as a triplet of eight syllables each.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Wink Re: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Quote Originally Posted by telltale777 View Post
    I hope I am posting this in the correct section of the forum.

One day in a B & N bookstore I happened on a book called "Healing Mantras" by Thomas Ashley Farrand, the man damn near saved my sanity, my health and life in a 3 month period waiting for test results & a new diagnosis on my health BUT I PREFACE that by saying I STILL USED conventional doctors & medication to aid & alleviate my health issues.

Since I didnt have mala beads & couldnt afford those real pretty genuine ones made of sandalwood and different types of material and didnt have the patience to make my own. I grabbed a set of plain rosary beads and chanted twice a day morning and night for 108x, I would chant 5 mantras for a 40 day period. The mantras that I chanted were as follows:

Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha
    Om and salutations to the remover of obstacles for which Gum is the seed. (boy did it remove some obstacles in my health and even open some new doors funny...how it worked, its actually worked).

Om Sri Shukraya Namaha (saved me IMO)
    Healing of Throat, neck, kidneys, secondary connection with reproductive organs and feet, some thyroid gland influence.

Om Sri Dhanvantre Namaha (Swaha if youre over 28)
    (phenomenal mantra worked great for me as well)

Mantra for improving your physical health

Om Apa-damapa, Hataram Dataram, Sarva Sampadam, Loki Bhi Ramam, Sri Ramam, Bhuyo Bhuyo Namam-yaham
    Translation:
    Om. O most compassionate Rama. Please send your healing energy right here to the Earth, to the Earth. Salutations.

(the best healing mantra ever written, kind of long but god it worked such a miracle for me, took less than a week to master the pronunciation)

Thomas Ashley-Farrand says that this is THE most powerful healing mantra, and he knows them all. Let me quote him: "I am aware that this mantra is long, but I teach it even to beginners because of the tremendous healing power it produces. I have found that those who are desperate for healing, learn it without difficulty, and many have had extraordinary results."

Om Sri Maha Lakshmiyei Swaha

(OK this one I tried chanting it for (3) 40 day periods and it didnt work for me AT ALL was looking for an abundance of a 2 or 3 job(s) so I can pay my hospital bills, dont understand how this one didnt work.

This mantra is good to use when you are struggling financially. It is also good for bringing about spiritual abundance.

Now my question is lately my mantras have lost there strength of working fully. I've been trying to find a job for 3 years, and so far Im getting nowhere with some other mantras I have incorporated in my praying rituals....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found 3 mantras 2 for fulfilling wishes and one to attract the one I care and love for.....

1)Om Kapilya Namaha (wish mantra)

2)Om Kama Dayinyei Namaha (another wish mantra, I am going to try this one again for another 40 day discipline)

But I would like to learn more about this Vashikaran Mantra (how many times a day do I need to chant this mantra in a 40 or is it 90 day period?

I even read that I need to chant this mantra at least 100,000 times to even see its full effect to manifest into the results I seek..... so how many times do I really need to chant this mantra, the truth would be truly appreciated?

I get this mantra has a formula and when I ask about it many folks gave a many varying answers and leave out the entire formula on how to chant this particular mantra correctly. Instead I got replied back with in all honestly useless stories on how not to chant this mantra but no reason as to why (which I rather bypass because I am still going to recite this mantra religiously.)

Om Namo Kamakshi Devi Aamuki me Vansham Kuru Kuru Swaha
    (Love mantra that I prefer using and I take out the word Aamuki and place the name of the person that I care for in place of it.)

Om Namo Kamakshi Devi (name of the guy I care for) me Vansham Kuru Kuru Swaha

so its cause a tiny spark but still dont understand why the guy I love isnt corresponding with me with email the way he was...~LoL~

Sat Patim Dehi Parameshawara is way too weak for my taste that why I chose the one up there....my preference of course & I chant it with great care. I dont chant mantras all willy nilly either.

Can anyone well versed in chanting mantras tell me what I am doing wrong, is my focus getting weak (cause I dont feel that is has) and I dont know about it? Are the mantras spelled wrong? I take great care with chanting these mantras carefully and lately my roll of good fortune with these have kind of dwindled.... help anyone please? was doing decently till things just halted out of nowhere?

Any help regarding the question about my mantras and their formulas are tremendously appreciated. I believe in mantras with my entire heart and soul I refuse to stop chanting for fear of all my prayers coming undone...thank you again.

Thanks.
    hi,just telling you that its very auspicious that each time you recite a mantra one should begin by chanting the gayatri mantra of the deity yo want to pray to.this way its a guarantee that the deity is gonna listen ty its like asking for permission and invoke their help.the mantras that ashley farrand suggest for healing are very good and simple to recite,but there are others with more capability of healing in my opinion durga dhvantrinsh ,gayatri mantra, mahamrityunjaya mantra and hanuman chalisa are superior but every mantra has a healing weapon on itself.because ofthe hypnotic relaxation that they bring our body heals much faster when is out of worries.in my opinion the most powerfull mantra recitation for healing are the indrakshi stotra with shiva kavacham,ayurveda doctors declare that this two stotras recited together are the miraculous healing mantra sadhana,hope that it helps to you wishing you a fast recovery and happy healthy life.om shanti namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by pasu View Post
    Namaste

Tat Savitur Vareniyam

Can somone give me the ORIGIN of the Gayatri Mantra ?

I know it is a very old and powerful Mantra...

thank you for your help
    pasu
    namaste the original gayatri mantra was the savitri mantra a solar mantra and it was revealed to sage vashista, later it was worshipped as gayatri devi.namaste

Quote Originally Posted by clito View Post
    namaste the original gayatri mantra was the savitri mantra a solar mantra and it was revealed to sage vashista, later it was worshipped as gayatri devi.namaste
    Namaste clito,

Gayatri Mantra, as far as I know, is from Sage Visvamitra, a sakta sage. The Mriyuonjaya is from sage Vashista.

'bharga devasya' is the light and heat of Devas. bharga is so called because it goes by rays and it dries up. bharga can indeed be shakti. But it is better to keep it non-sectarian and know it as the glory of Devas.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste clito,

Gayatri Mantra, as far as I know, is from Sage Visvamitra, a sakta sage. The Mriyuonjaya is from sage Vashista.

'bharga devasya' is the light and heat of Devas. bharga is so called because it goes by rays and it dries up. bharga can indeed be shakti. But it is better to keep it non-sectarian and know it as the glory of Devas.

Om Namah Shivaya
    namaste yes you are absolutely right sorry i dont know what was i thinking about while posting this.at least the gayatri remains untouched from my post sorry again.

Question Re: Mantras & there strength, intent/meanings???

Namaste all.
    Since past few days only I have been reciting the Mahamrityunjaya mantra to heal the sinus condition and mental stress I have been having since 7 years now(I have tried everything else including surgery but nothing works). It felt a bit intoxicatingly good at first. But one day it felt like more powerful than ever after the recitation. So much so that I hardly have to use a blanket in this shivering cold. To be honest I don't have any initiation by a guru and I recite it only after praying to Lord Shiva to be my guru and to forgive me for any mispronounciations. Also I have scant idea how many times it is be recited.

For now I have stopped the recitation as I am scared after reading about the pre-requisite of a guru. I don't have the privilege of having one and have scant idea where to find one.

Also I've heard that once mantra is given by a guru there are a lot of boundations one has to follow(like one can't eat anything in anyone else's house). I am 27 and my working life would make it difficult to follow these.

Should I not do it anymore. Please guide and illumine.

-Shashank.

Thread Information