Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

Re: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeDirectives View Post
    Yes not all Indian sects are Hindu HOWEVER THE BUDDHA HIMSELF WAS A HINDU AS HE BELIEVED IN UNION WITH BRAMH.
    Namaste Directives,

I think as Srivijaya that Buddha did not believe or teach of union with Brahm.

I am sure that Buddha taught, silently and with words, to reveal the swarupa. One does not unite with swarupa but one strips all rupa, to let the swarupa be. I am sure that Swarupa and Brahman are not two.

Swarupa does not come and descend but Soma (Lord) only flows and assumes swarupa. I believe of Vaisnava teaching that Buddha is Vishnu -- the all pervading, not fragmented in objects. And ironically,this is the teaching of Gaudapada -- a vedantist.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 28 February 2009 at 02:13 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

the all problem is caused by miss conceptthings

we cant know Buddha only from Theravada's philosophy, we also need to learn Mahayana and Vajrayana philosophy

about Anattman or Anatta and about Hindu Atman etc... all of problem is people only like to debating the words.

I know Hindu sect who have doctrine also like Buddhism Anatta, and one must know many sect in Hinduism or many Gurus have different ways in meditation teachings.

The all of method is from God / Universe compassion.

What the benefit of debating my philosopy are more high rather than your philosopy or etc...?
    ok, even my philosopy is higer than yours, are in my daily live what i do is sure higer than yours do in live?

Who can claim every person can be good after join in XXX religion or XXX sect ??? who can claim this ??? if one cannot claim this , so why peoples very like to said my religion or XXX religion is higer ??? if true is higer, so what the real benefit for us ?

do we change livestyle ?
    do we become good ?
    or healther?
    or wealth ?
    or what ?

DHARMA is about mind

BUDDHA is about mind
    HINDU is about mind

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    What the benefit of debating my philosopy are more high rather than your philosopy or etc...?
    Hi shian,
    I agree with this sentiment. All too often there are people who use valuable religious instructions as a basis for orthodoxy and arrogance. I guess it's the human condition. We all think in terms of "better" or "worse" and, of course, like to see ourselves as the "better".

My concern is less about how one labels things and more about the direct teachings one finds within the meditative traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism. The 'ultimate' is beyond any words or concepts we can employ to describe it (although we try). A great Buddhist sage once said that as we struggle to define it, our very words are lies.

That is what makes the contrast of the two traditions extremely valuable. If we have one, it's like having a telescope - we can see far. Having both is like binoculars - we see far in 20/20 vision.

Blurring the two into some kind of hybrid does a disservice to the traditions and the seeker. Why not learn from both?

Namaste

Except it isn't the Hindus who claim their philosophy is "higher" than the Buddhists! It is the exact opposite! Most Buddhists are vehemently anti-Hindu and incessantly point out the apparent differences as if the latter is greater than the former. Buddhism is certainly NOT greater than Hinduism. It is repackaged Hinduism for East Asians. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Except it isn't the Hindus who claim their philosophy is "higher" than the Buddhists!
    Unfortunately there will always be people willing to dismiss that which they do not understand with glib remarks and uninformed prejudice.

It is the exact opposite! Most Buddhists are vehemently anti-Hindu and incessantly point out the apparent differences as if the latter is greater than the former.
    See my comments above.

Buddhism is certainly NOT greater than Hinduism.
    Indeed.

It is repackaged Hinduism for East Asians. That is all.
    See my comments above.
    Last edited by srivijaya; 02 March 2009 at 10:27 AM.

Cool Re: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

Namaste all,

And thanks for Saideo G for right information.

I may say that Budhdha was called Kashatriya by encient budhdhists scholars themselves
    JAI DEV

yes i know some Buddhist talk about Buddhism is higer than Hinduism

so many people talk about higer and lower

mine is higer , yours is lower
    your is higer , mine is lower

what is the higer ?
    what is lower ?

this is make religion war

even the religion is higer , are the religion have benefit for your live and mind ?

i saw, when someone said his/her religion is higer, it is not said about the teaching of religion, but this is in the deep concousioness of people who said "I am is higer !"

yes, not for the religion, but only for ego.

so my point of view of religion is "Benefit for mind"
    developing mind

fell our mind, like space ? or like small box ?
    self mastery or just slave ?

if the religion way is not developing my mind, i think it just wasting my live time. And make people only like animal who is slave of ego

even **** (sorry) can become so dirty for some beings
    but **** can become so benefit for some beings

so what is Dharma ???

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

Cool Re: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

What?
    Budhdhist belive they are higher?
    or lower?
    For Reservation
    JAI DEV

Quote Originally Posted by Pretnath View Post
    What?
    Budhdhist belive they are higher?
    or lower?
    For Reservation
    no higer no lower

Buddhism is Dharma, so is not about higer and lower, BUddhism only about practice, pure body, speech, and mind

if not pure body, speech and mind, thats just only worldly things

Lord Buddha teach us to do something benefit to pure our mind, speech and body (Vissudhi Kaya, Vak, and citta) and dont wasting time.

Buddhism just like Hinduism, so many teachings and sadhana , but that only for cure many mind, but if no any mind so can we talk about any Dharmas?

the statment of i am higgest than you our you higest than iam is only about what way you do in daily live ?
    if in daily live i cant puriffied my kaya vak and citta, so iam is lower than you my brothers...^_^...

when i namaskar to Buddha i see my nature , that is i subjugating my ego and purified my Triguhya
    when i namaskar to Shiva i see my nature , that is i subjugating my ego and purified my Triguhya

the other motivation i really dont know, oh you is my compassionate Baghavan lila to know who is you in that form.

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

The question we must never fail to ask is this. When somebody tells you that their way is better than yours, or "our" way is better than theirs, why are they doing so?

What are they getting out of it?

I have found that there can be a variety of reasons, none of which are good.

They start with plain old bigotry and ignorance, usually as a result of some kind of personal insecurity. Progress through to animosity and hatred and in some nations even carry political and social consequences which can result in violence and murder, where a mob is incited to fulfill the evil agenda of a scoundrel.

No truly spiritual founder of any faith has ever condoned this kind of thing.

Namaste

Thread Information