Thread: The Temple of Rat and Baby corpse

The Temple of Rat and Baby corpse

Namaste,

in newspaper i read about baby corpse is throw and pile in XXX river in India, but after government stop it, this is happen again and again, they said this is from Hindu scripture for save baby soul.

and in TV i know about temple who full of rat.

that 2 kind is from Hindu scripture ? because news said that is Hinduism.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Re: The Temple of Rat and Baby corpse

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    Namaste,

in newspaper i read about baby corpse is throw and pile in XXX river in India, but after government stop it, this is happen again and again, they said this is from Hindu scripture for save baby soul.

Why Shian that should be your mind moving and really unreal? I find this post of yours incongruous with your other posts wherein you correctly state (as per me) that there are many types of interpretations of a dharma lineage, including Buddhism and Hinduism.

I do not know the Newspaper report about killing of babies. I have not seen it. You should give some references.

Karni mAta temple in Rajasthan is known for rat worship and it is not incongruous to Hindu beliefs. At many places, snakes are worshipped. This aspect of Hinduism is not easy to be grasped by men/women of any other religion, since their belief makes them think that God is a ruler with an iron rod, ready to strike down. For them, residence of God in a rat is just unthinkable.

Regarding sacrifice of children, you may study the following and try to use your good judgement. The story is from Mahabharata.

The MahA BhAratham describes how a king by the name of MahAbhishA was born as Shantanu on account of a curse and married GangA and how the eight Vasus cursed by Sage VasishtA were born as sons to Shantanu and GangA. At the time of her marriage to Shantanu, GangA had imposed a condition that Shantanu should never interfere or obstruct her from doing anything she liked as a condition of marriage to him. She also warned Shantanu that she would abandon him and go away, if he objected to her actions. GangA had promised the Vasus that she will throw them into the river, the moment they were born to free them their curse of having an earthly life. GangA threw into the river the seven children born to her, one after the other, as soon as they were born saying "I make you pleased". The saddened Shantanu did not obstruct GangA, though he was highly displeased. When GangA took her eighth son in her arms to throw him into the river as usual, Shantanu could not bear the familiar sight. He shouted at his wife GangA and asked : "Who are you ? Why are you killing your own children ? Will you not spare this child atleast?". Then GangA revealed her identity and the curse of Vasishta that required her to throw the seven of the eight sons, who were Vasus. She assured Shantanu that the eighth son will be spared and that he would become a great person.It was this eighth son of King Shantanu and GangA who came to be known later as BhIshmA. Mother GangA disappeared then with the child. She saw to it that her son was given the best education and training.
    ----------------
    The mind of most non-hindus may make only negative impressions of the teachings in Hindu scriptures, since the unconditioning that is required remains to be attained. Also, many Hindus take the story literally. This story is adapted and expanded from Rig Veda, wherein Aditi comes with her 8 sons. Except for mArtand, she is able to send back 7 of her sons to heaven. mArtanda (The Sun God) stays back (as Bhisma in Mahabharata). Ganga is the river that flows as consciousness of Shiva (Parjanya in this case as the Father Bull-- progenitor of ALL). The consciousness of Shiva is ever pure Ganga and is Aditi -- wherein sprout all and disappear all. The Sun is their visible child.

OTOH, there may be some crimes committed in the name of religion (everywhere).

Best wishes,

Om
    Last edited by atanu; 11 March 2009 at 11:17 PM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Namaste,

Atanu has described the correlation of the 'baby-throwing' very well.

To the OP, DO NOT believe what the 'news' or 'media' tells you about Hinduism, even in India! It is purely anti-Hindu/anti-India vitriol that is never-ending. This media is also funded by untouchables (christians/muslims).

Namaskar.

Namaste,

No , i not mean killing baby
    but throwing baby dead body to the river.

My question is not my point a view to Hindu,
    which religion is not have cultular problem ?
    im also impossible if i slander Hindu, coz in my heart have deep conection with Hindu, and also i call my self Hindu-Buddha.
    Maybe you dont know about Siva - Buddha. This sect is in Indonesian Hinduism. The sincretism of Sivaism and Buddhism (Bali), Hindu - Buddha like a ancienct Dynasty in Indonesia

Even when i go to every place, i always searching Hindu Temple for puja (The biggest Temple i even go is Temple of Devi in China Town Spore)

when i was study in University i also like to use my time to go to Hindu publication, to buy picture, poster, and books, CD , etc.

But to learn Hinduism and Buddhism is need more wisdom.

Buddha also Hinduism, coz Hinduism is religion who born in Indus River valley
    but it is only my opinion, other people is can have their own opinion

yes, in the news have much misclenaous things from India and news said Hindu.

like a man married dog
    like a multyi armed baby girl , or twin many people not let this child cure the body, coz many people need to puja at this baby body
    etc

about snake,
    I even dream :
    I do puja for black snake sclupture who much of orange and red powder and then in that dream have seen other real black snake.
    i dont know what the meaning.
    Last edited by shian; 12 March 2009 at 04:16 AM.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    Namaste,

A baby does no karma, good or bad. Second, in Hinduism, there is saving of soul concept. Saving from what or whom?

A baby is not killed to save his soul. That is infanticide and murder and Many species death penality for it. In foeticide is a capital crime.

When Ashwathhama released his weapon onto Utaara's womb, Krishma not only saved the unborn, but punished Ashwathhama with a terrible curse. Krishna ordered hin to remain on roam the earh, with his battle wounds unhealed and oozing with foul pus.

Thread Information