Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions

Re: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Hello TTA

Whether you still tune in or not, it will be proper to record a fact which I noticed just now.

In "Jana Gana Mana":

In the third stanza, Tagore addresses the Bharatabahagybidhata as ‘Chirasarathi’, the perpetual charioteer. How can a mortal king be perpetual ?

In the fourth stanza Tagore writes, “Du:swapne aatanke raksha korile anke snehamaoyee tumi mata.”

(In nightmares and at times of scare you protected (the people) by giving shelter in your lap, o affectionate mother)

How can the king be conceived and addressed in feminine as a mother? Tagore calls the guide of India’s destiny both as masculine (Bharatabhagyabidhata) and feminine (snehamayee maata) entity.

Namaste and welcome back Atanuji
    Your information is like wikileaks to us .
    thanks and pl continue .

Re: Gautam Buddha is indeed a Hindu

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Hello TTA

Whether you still tune in or not, it will be proper to record a fact which I noticed just now.

In "Jana Gana Mana":

In the third stanza, Tagore addresses the Bharatabahagybidhata as ‘Chirasarathi’, the perpetual charioteer. How can a mortal king be perpetual ?

In the fourth stanza Tagore writes, “Du:swapne aatanke raksha korile anke snehamaoyee tumi mata.”

(In nightmares and at times of scare you protected (the people) by giving shelter in your lap, o affectionate mother)

How can the king be conceived and addressed in feminine as a mother? Tagore calls the guide of India’s destiny both as masculine (Bharatabhagyabidhata) and feminine (snehamayee maata) entity.

Welcome back, Atanu ! We miss your such insightful and informative posts. I hope we would be able to see your posts more frequently.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: Opinions

I agree with TTA.

Thread Information