Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Was Muhammad a Yogi?

Re: Was Muhammad a Yogi?

Quote Originally Posted by sunyatisunya View Post
    You are aware that the Arabic name Muhammad has no relation to the English word "mad" right?
    In Bhavishya Purana a person Mahamad is mentioned.

Maha big, Mad, as mad in English.

In Sankrit Mad is ego. Highly eogoistic man, Mo was.

Dear RC,

Does it benefit anyone by trying vainly to prove what you are insinuating? Does it benefit you or Hinduism? When in Bhavisya Purana, actually it is written that 'Paishacha Dharma' of 'Musals' was instituted as per commands of Ishwara?

In sanskrit mada is also known as inspiration/a sevant of Shiva (Bhagavat Purana), a son of Brahma (Vishnu Purana), in addition to other bad and good meanings.
    mada': N. of a son of Brahma1 VP. ; N. of a servant of Siva BhP
    'mad' is still better, as below:
    mad: to gladden , exhilarate , intoxicate , animate , inspire RV.: , to gladden , delight , satisfy , exhilarate , intoxicate , inflame , inspire RV. etc.
    ----------------------------
    I am a Shiva bhakta and I have no need to follow any other deity or dharma. But, IMO, it is immature to vent, lament, and spill frustration. Of course it is for you to decide. Everyone is free. Just wanted to share my understanding.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Does it benefit anyone trying to prove that Mo was a yogi? Who is trying to fool and whom?

Paisach has a nature, mad is as undesirable as told in Gita kaam, krodh, MAD, lobh and moh. Mo had all these in abundance. Is paisach a role model?

if he ever was at any point, he went horrendously wrong somewhere in his life. he went on to spawn the most violent religion with the most violent followers to date. in his 'holy book' there are messages of violence peppered throughout and because of that all of his followers feel justified. when i first learned of his history i immediately thought that hitler was a later incarnation of this dark soul.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Dear RC,

Does it benefit anyone by trying vainly to prove what you are insinuating? Does it benefit you or Hinduism? When in Bhavisya Purana, actually it is written that 'Paishacha Dharma' of 'Musals' was instituted as per commands of Ishwara?

In sanskrit mada is also known as inspiration/a sevant of Shiva (Bhagavat Purana), a son of Brahma (Vishnu Purana), in addition to other bad and good meanings.

'mad' is still better, as below:

----------------------------
    I am a Shiva bhakta and I have no need to follow any other deity or dharma. But, IMO, it is immature to vent, lament, and spill frustration. Of course it is for you to decide. Everyone is free. Just wanted to share my understanding.

Om Namah Shivaya
    See
    Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    The normal meanings attributed to the term 'mada' in Sanskrit are:
    intoxication, sexual desire or enjoyment, wantonness, lust, ruttishness, rut;
    pride, arrogance, presumption, conceit of or about;

and 'mahAmada' or 'mahAmatta' means:
    great pride or indication; excessive or violent rut.

The name clearly explains the nature of the person who founded the 'paishAcha dharma'.
    Mad is to read with kam, krodh, lobha, moha, five undesirables.

So if Mo is Mahamad, then he has undesirable qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by rcscwc View Post
    See
    Mad is to read with kam, krodh, lobha, moha, five undesirables.
    So if Mo is Mahamad, then he has undesirable qualities.
    Please check before posting.

2(mwd)mad2 (cf. %{mand}) cl. 4. P. (Dha1tup. xxvi , 99) %{mA4dyati} (ep. also %{-te} ; Ved. also I. P. A1. %{mA4dyati} %{-te} ; 3. P. %{mama4tti} , %{-ttu} , %{mama4dat} , %{a4mamaduH} ; Ved. Impv. %{ma4tsi} , %{-sva} ; pf. %{mamA4da} ; aor. %{amAdiSuH} , %{amatsuH} , %{amatta} ; Subj. %{ma4tsati} , %{-sat} ; fut. %{maditA} , %{madiSyati} Gr. ; Ved. inf. %{maditos}) , to rejoice , be glad , exult , delight or revel in (instr. gen. loc. , rarely acc.) , be drunk (also fig.) with (instr.) RV. &c. &c. ; to enjoy heavenly bliss (said of gods and deceased ancestors) RV. TBr. ; to boil bubble (as water) RV. TS. S3Br. Hariv. ; to gladden , exhilarate , intoxicate , animate , inspire RV.: Caus. %{mA8da4yati} , %{-te} (Dha1tup. xxxiii , 31 , xix , 54 ; aor. %{a4mImadat} or %{amamadat} ; Ved. inf. %{madaya4dhyai}) , to gladden , delight , satisfy , exhilarate , intoxicate , inflame , inspire RV. &c. &c. ; (A1.) to be glad , rejoice , be pleased or happy or at ease RV. VS. Kaus3. ; (A1.) to enjoy heavenly bliss RV. TBr. BhP.: Desid. %{mimadiSati} Gr.: Intens. %{mAmadyate} , %{mAmatti} ib. [Perhaps orig. `" to be moist "' ; cf. Gk. $ ; Lat. {madere}.] &236247[777 ,3]
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Dear RC,

It doesnt benefit anybody if incorrect claims are made.
    Paishacha Dharma of mohammed is not as per commands of Ishwara.It is a claim made by Mohammed.

http://bhavishyapuran.blogspot.com/

That city is known as their site of pilgrimage, a place which was Madina or free from intoxication. Having a form of a ghost (Bhuta), the expert illusionist Mahamada(Muhammad) appeared at night in front of king Bhojaraja and said: O king, your religion is of course known as the best religion among all. Still I am going to establish a terrible and demoniac religion by the order of the Lord .

Om Namah Shivaya
    Yes it is important to note what mohammad did and taught .Mohammad behaved ,as per Hadiths like a demon.
    Mohammad attacked hamlets killed men looted their belongings and enslaved women and children and sold them in slave markets.His activities are carried forward by his followers.

Quote Originally Posted by chandu_69 View Post
    It doesnt benefit anybody if incorrect claims are made.
    Paishacha Dharma of mohammed is not as per commands of Ishwara.It is a claim made by Mohammed.
    Namaste chandu,

Yes. Please read the following.
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...18&postcount=5

I have no side to take as to whether a historical figure was of certain nature or not. Neither do I have a belief as to whether Bhavisya Purana is authoritative or not. However, the two points that must be pointed out are:

a) you translate as per your wish, and not completely. You ignore the word shown in bold in your translation:

raatrau sa devaruupashca bahumaayavishaaradah paishaacam dehamaasthaaya bhojaraajam hi soabravit

b) 'mad' in sanskrit is not what RC makes it out to be.

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste,
    Namaste chandu,

Yes. Please read the following.
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...18&postcount=5
    Thanks.I read it now.I also noticed that you simply copy pasted the translation from Islamic sites like bvml.org/tmi/SS_bpatpm.html

I have no side to take as to whether a historical figure was of certain nature or not.
    Obviously you are taking the side of islam and Mohammad as evidenced from your blind copy paste from islamic sites.
    Sometimes i wonder what this site is all about after reading your posts.

Neither do I have a belief as to whether Bhavisya Purana is authoritative or not.
    That is another matter altogether.Since the oped
    mentioned about hindu scriptures we will take that in to account.

However, the two points that must be pointed out are:
    a) you translate as per your wish, and not completely. You ignore the word shown in bold in your translation:

raatrau sa devaruupashca bahumaayavishaaradah paishaacam dehamaasthaaya bhojaraajam hi soabravit
    The translation is straight forward.Unlike you i took the translation from http://bhavishyapuran.blogspot.com/

Now let us see the actual words.

paishaacam= pertaining to pisachas..

Now, what the muslim sites(from which you copy pasted) says?
    guise of a Pishacha...

next
    deva ruupashca= in the form(ruupa) of deva/angel.

How did the muslim sites tranlate it??

angelic disposition.

Atanuji, for a change, please don't fill this site with islamic junk.
    Last edited by chandu_69; 18 August 2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by chandu_69 View Post
    Namaste,

Thanks.I read it now.I also noticed that you simply copy pasted the translation from Islamic sites like bvml.org/tmi/SS_bpatpm.html
    ?? bvml.org an Islamic site?? Did not know that. hehe.

The sanskrit passage is clear.

That does not mean that I am claiming I know whether Bhavisya Purana is authentic or not. I only know that it is one of the 18 Puranas.

-----------------------------
    Neither am I supporting Muslim aggression and violence, which I am sure are related to particular guna mixture. I am suggesting that let us be as rational as possible, with the sattwik knowledge in the mind that Purusha is one single indivisible body.

The differences pertain not to persons (which do not exist since the Purusha is ONE) but to places and times, which are in the realm of guna prakriti.

Om Namah Shivaya

Thread Information