Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu - Who is Supreme?

Re: Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu - Who is Supreme?

I believe in Padma Purana, Sri Shivaji says that He and Sri Vishnuji are one, and anyone who tries to separate them is in ignorance. Puranas can be sattvik, rajasik or tamasic because God is for everyone.

I am no pandita, but even strict Vaishnavas shoul be careful to never think of Sri Shambhuji as inferior in any way. For example, Sri Nilakantha was asked by the devas to save the universe by drinking the poison while churning the milk ocean with the tail of Vasuki. Out of love for Sri Hari, Sri Shivaji held the poison in his throat to protect Sri Rama in his heart. According to Vaishnava thought, Sri Sadashiva is an eternal aspect of Sri Visnu. Some Vaishnavas are against Shiva puja. Some claim "Vaishnavams ca Shambhuh". Although Sri Shivaji is lord of ghosts, witches and hobgoblins as Sri Bhutanath/Pasandinath, he was (in some texts) asked to do so by Sri Visnuji because no one else is worthy. Even if Sri Shivaji accepts worship from demons, he does so because he is merciful.

Sri Shivaji is most kind to all, so he is called Bholenath, the kind-hearted lord. Although he is a gina-avatar who controlls tamo-guna, He is never deluded. An intelligent Gaudiya Vaishnava told me that Sri Shivaji is Vishnu in contact with material nature. Now, chaturmukha prajapati brahmaji is a jiva who will eventuall die. Sadashiva is a pure, eternal aspect of Godhead who never dies, even when Satyaloka (the abode of Hiranyagarbha Brahmaji) destroyed.

Sri Shivaji can give moksha. Mahesh loka is eternal just like the Vaikuntha planets and Brahmajyoti. God loves everyone, and accepts love in the way jeevas express it. Being easily pleased, Shivaji is more approchable. If someone asks for a boon from Shivaji, he may grant it liberally even though itmay be misused. This is because the demons cannot actually win, but they believe they can. Even the demons that petition Sri Sankara Bhole will never succed in evil without suffering karma. Between Shiva and Vishnu, this appearant rivalry benefits all jivatmas.

Sri Rurdra is devoted to Sri Vishnu, and Sri Vishnuji loves Shivaji as his Very Self. From the forehead of Sri Narayana, jyotir linga is formed. The shadow is adi yoni. Sri Vishnu is Paramatma, and Shivaji is the ingredient cause of creation by his union with Adi Shakti devi. The jivas, the marginal tathastha shakti are created by the loving union of Shiva and Shakti. Even though it seems that Shambhuji is a transformation of Sri Vishnu, they are non-dual. They are also personal Gods. Shivaji and Shakti Devi are not jeevas, they are divine forces. Even if one believes Sri Karanodakashayi Vishnu to be the Supreme Person, His desire to create is his pleasure potency, hladini shakti.

God is personal and all-pervading. We are all eternal souls with different realtionships with the Lord. Thus, we find that Shaiva, Vaishnava and Shakta schools are all correct. The same truth czn be seen by different perspectives.

Isvara is One. One light, many lamps. Be good and do good.

Dandavat namaskar.

You are asking, which energy is supreme - Destructing OR Preserving/Protecting.
    First off, energy will be in either of those two forms, changing from one to another, so they are one and the same.
    When things are same, but just changing form, no one is supreme

In fact, we all life in the world of difference, human need one and another, so whatever we believe, we need to respect each other.
    If we even cannot respect each other, if we dont understand how to life togheter in harmony, so is we worth for cultivation ? is we worth for Shivaloka or Goloka ?
    I myself believe Vishnu and Shiva is ONE.
    In fact there is always peoples who belief Shiva and Vishnu is different.
    But, that is normal. Go ahead with your believe. Because we life here, in earth, not in Shivaloka or Goloka.
    If we not understand how to respect other, we even dont have capacity to created harmony in world, how come we can find harmony in our mind ? Without peace in mind and heart, how come we reach Shivaloka or Goloka ?
    If i want others to understand that Shiva and Vishnu is one ( Or if i want others to believe that Vishnu and Shiva is different ), so i must do something to make them believe, how to make them believe and understand ?
    If i in first hand, not respect them, they will not understand, they will only hate our believe.
    This mean, i not really want them to believe, in fact, i make them hate my believe.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Thread Information