Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu - Who is Supreme?

Re: Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu - Who is Supreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantravid View Post
    So being a devotee to Lord Krishna and worshiping Lord Shiva is no problem,Lord Krishna manifested as Lord Shiva,so that Lord Shiva can be an example to us all on how to be a perfect devotee of Lord Krishna.

This puts Siva below Krishna, as His devotee. This is fine for any Vaishnavite, but for a Saiva bhaktar, it is contradictory. Lord Siva is God.

Siva is Lord for Saivas, Vishnu for Vaishnavas, Mother for Shaktites, and its your choice if you're a Smarta. All are fine, as you said, but mixing any two may lead to confusion. Why follow two or more paths when one is sufficient? We can still look over to the other path, and respect the souls who art waliking that way.

Aum Namasivaya

Sankaracharya of Sringeri math, Shri Chandrasekhara Bharati(1892-1954), commenting on this, said, "You cannot see the feet of the Lord, why do you waste your time debating about the nature of his face"

May God bless us all.

Quote Originally Posted by rkpande View Post
    Sankaracharya of Sringeri math, Shri Chandrasekhara Bharati(1892-1954), commenting on this, said, "You cannot see the feet of the Lord, why do you waste your time debating about the nature of his face"

May God bless us all.
    I like this.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    This puts Siva below Krishna, as His devotee. This is fine for any Vaishnavite, but for a Saiva bhaktar, it is contradictory. Lord Siva is God.

Siva is Lord for Saivas, Vishnu for Vaishnavas, Mother for Shaktites, and its your choice if you're a Smarta. All are fine, as you said, but mixing any two may lead to confusion. Why follow two or more paths when one is sufficient? We can still look over to the other path, and respect the souls who art waliking that way.

Aum Namasivaya
    Lord Shiva is God,but to guide humanity to liberation.There were no argument on who was or who was not superior in the Vedic period.Also in the Vedic period there was no sects such as Vaisnavas,Saivas,Shakties or etc,it was only Sanatana Dharma.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantravid View Post
    Lord Shiva is God,but to guide humanity to liberation.There were no argument on who was or who was not superior in the Vedic period.Also in the Vedic period there was no sects such as Vaisnavas,Saivas,Shakties or etc,it was only Sanatana Dharma.
    I was not arguing with anyone, just pointing out that there is just one God. One reality.

Aum

As per ‘Authorised’ & ‘Bonefide’ Sastra Vishnu and Shiva are not illusions.
    The scriptures treat them as real and distinct beings.

All those stories where Vishnu and Shiva are depicted separately as Supreme has prompted the idea that there is a contradiction in the sastra’s revelations in each of the many Puranas.

There is no contradiction. There are “situation-purana(s)”. The puranas primarily are seen as “not necessarily interconnected one to the other”.

Why?

Because, the histories & events & places & personalities & the deva's-condition-and-quality-of-living
    ---all set the standards “. . . for all the world to pursue . . .”.
    are in all cases the Puranas records of the lives, ergo:
    epic lessons of the existential heights of excellence among the ancestors of
    Maharajas, Mahajanaas, Maharanees
    whose lives where recorded during different epochs,
    recorded on even different lokas,
    recorded during even different kalpas,
    recorded even in different brahmandas . . .

So the sensible explanation will be that the attachment of one ista-deva to another is borne of one’s personal rasa/samskar/sva-dharma.

But there is no contradiction. If a Shivite gives me some maha-sweet ---I will savor it exceedingly and I will consider the lila of Sri Shiva and I will wonder in my good fortune to be privy to the amrita of my ‘knowing-of’ such esoteric pastimes.

Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva are related and offer benediction by dint of there persons for the greater world at large ---rather than posting what one opinion is versus another we should only share the nectar.

BTW, there is a “Demigod” for every function of every mechanism of the creation, yes?
    So why do we neglect attention to that large family tree of the Devatas? So many many Devas who we’ve not made famous ---in thanks for there dedication to maintaining sanatan-dharma.

just some run-of-the-mill bhaktajan,
    bhaktajan

I can understand the mindset of follower of a sect. I mean a Vaishnava truly believes that only Vishnu is absolute and he has great faith, and he cannot accept any other. Even if God comes to him as Shiva he would want to see him as Vishnu, there is nothing wrong in this. Similar is with Shaiva.

So for a Shaiva Shiva is supreme and for Viashnava it is Vishnu.

Raghu ji, I have understood your argument that one thing cannot be both real and unreal, I mean you are saying that misunderstanding is not illusion.

But I will say that Devotee ji has a good point. It is like a rope being mistaken as a snake. The rope is real but the snake is unreal(one thing being both real and unreal), because rope is giving an illusion of the snake. This misunderstanding is also illusion.

Brahman, which is absolute and homogeneous spirit gives the illusion of the world. The thing is to realize the truth that all this is not really universe but Brahman giving illusion.

Sammohana Tantra says that "he is a fool who sees any difference between Rama (an Avatara of Vishnu) and Shiva'

someone want see God in Vishnu form ? Krsna form ?
    ok, Krsna form,
    but which kind of Krsna form ?
    you see, many sclupture and many images is made by peoples, and they have different to make style of Krsna nose, different eyes style, different any kind style.

so, which ?
    which one you want ?
    which one is cutest or most handsome ?

you want the one you thinking about .

a man said : "I like my Girl friend lips."
    another man said : "That big lips ???"
    they is same have a eyes to see that ONE girl, but because they have different way to thinking, so ONE lips become any kind different in their wordly eyes.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

I am new to this forum. I used think Vishnu was superior when I was young. When I read more puranas about both Vishnu and Shiva, I figured out Shiva is superior for Shiva's devotees and Vishnu is superior to Vishnu devotees. I give here a simple example.

I am the same person for both my wife and daughter. My daughter thinks I am super man, but my wife thinks I am a useless person.

As per my opinion, if you are Shiva or Vishnu devotee, please pray sincerely. Ultimately both would see the same result in their heart. This argument will not help you anyway for spiritual growth.

Thread Information