Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu - Who is Supreme?

Re: Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu - Who is Supreme?

dear all,
    i just want to share this piece of information with everyone.
    GOD has no form but at the same time all forms are His.
    GOD is what we call HIM.
    when the unmodifiable transcendent and immanent Brahman( do not confuse with Lord Brahma) instead of just "being" decides on "becoming" ( so that we can realize HIM) then it is best designated as GOD.
    G---refers to Generation(Brahma)
    O---refers to Organization(Vishnu)
    D---refers to Dissolution(Shiva)
    the 3 presiding entities of divinity over creation,protection and dissolution are the trinity Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

another important point is the word Vishnu means All Pervasive and the word Shiva means Auspicious, isnt that such a beautiful way to describe GOD, THE ALL PERVASIVE AUSPICIOUSNESS.

there is only one Supreme and He is GOD and He is called by various names.
    ekam sat vipra bahuda vadanti.

Talking Re: Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu - Who is Supreme?

my english so bad......
    Last edited by MdBali; 12 March 2010 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    This puts Siva below Krishna, as His devotee. This is fine for any Vaishnavite, but for a Saiva bhaktar, it is contradictory. Lord Siva is God.

Siva is Lord for Saivas, Vishnu for Vaishnavas, Mother for Shaktites, and its your choice if you're a Smarta. All are fine, as you said, but mixing any two may lead to confusion. Why follow two or more paths when one is sufficient? We can still look over to the other path, and respect the souls who art waliking that way.

Aum Namasivaya
    Parmatma is One , creating nursing and destroying the universe and making a cycle of the creation . Everybody knows the form which nurses and that is Mahavishnu .

Prajapate na twedanyanyo…and Rudra is ru+dra , the Mahavishnu who pleases immediately and Devi or Shakti means , Mayaso annamatti…or Mahavishnu who gives the power of digestion , gita says… Aham vaishwanaro bhutwa .

In the history of mankind both lord shiva and lord vishnu have been worshiped forever, and they will be forever. I find it more a trait of abrahmaic religion to preach supremacy of a personal god and make people intolerant to others beliefs. In our religion and thankfully our society ,most of us have lived with peace and harmony with those people who might not be worshiping the eternal god in our own preferred form.

|| Shivaya Vishnu rupaya Shiva Rupaya Vishnave.||

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    Everybody knows the form which nurses and that is Mahavishnu .

I don't. Non-Hindus don't. That is not to say it doesn't exist. Just pointing out the generalisation, Guptaji.

Aum Namasivaya

Everybody knows the form which nurses and that is Mahavishnu.
    That Mahavishnu is not different from Mahashiva. In Elephanta Caves, Trimurti Sadashiva shows Lord Shiva in all the three forms : The originator, the sustainer & the destroyer.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I don't. Non-Hindus don't. That is not to say it doesn't exist. Just pointing out the generalisation, Guptaji.

Aum Namasivaya
    Thank you EMji
    You are right , no generalization . I mean to say EM is one but has many forms and each form has many forms . Sweetness is felt by middle portion of tongue , so sweetness is one and feeling portion is one .

Sugar giving sweetness is diabetic , non diabetic and there may be third , fourth and so on and these have forms of forms .

I am very sorry to say that we dont understand anything , we don’t understand Atanuji .

Thank you EMji
    You are right , no generalization . I mean to say EM is one but has many forms and each form has many forms . Sweetness is felt by middle portion of tongue , so sweetness is one and feeling portion is one .

Sugar giving sweetness is diabetic , non diabetic and there may be third , fourth and so on and these have forms of forms .

I am very sorry to say that we dont understand anything , we don’t understand Atanuji .
    Gupta ji,

May I ask you why you drag Atanu in your post when he is not on the scene & he is not even posting these days ?

If you don't understand Atanu why are you so worried ? IMHO, you already think that you know more than enough in spirituality.

I don't need to speak in defence of anyone but I think this is really too much.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Gupta ji,

May I ask you why you drag Atanu in your post when he is not on the scene & he is not even posting these days ?

If you don't understand Atanu why are you so worried ? IMHO, you already think that you know more than enough in spirituality.

I don't need to speak in defence of anyone but I think this is really too much.

OM
    Thank you Devoteeji for guiding me . I forgot actually , I am sorry .

Parmatma is One , creating nursing and destroying the universe and making a cycle of the creation . Everybody knows the form which nurses and that is Mahavishnu .
    Namaste Gupta Ji,

You are correct that Paramatma is One. You are also correct, from your perspective, that Paramatma is Mahavishnu. But that name is not from Vedas. My perspective, based on Vedas and Upanishads, is that Paramatma is unnameble but is called Shiva. We cannot throw away scripture. Paramatma has no need to pervade all, since IT is all. Pervading is from our perspective who see the fragments first and then all pervasive spirit.

Prajapate na twedanyanyo…and Rudra is ru+dra , the Mahavishnu who pleases immediately and Devi or Shakti means , Mayaso annamatti…or Mahavishnu who gives the power of digestion , gita says… Aham vaishwanaro bhutwa .
    What digests food in all is agnivaisvanaro. It is true that agnivaisvanaro's highest place is That only. Shri Krishna is revealed Pragnya of Atma, called Sarvesvara. The revealer of Pragnya is called Eko advittiyam Shiva in Upanishads. But i have no problem if the good one is called Mahavishnu -- till two different individuals are not purported. Since Mahesvara Shiva is called paramaM parastaad (beyond Param and beyond any comparison) as shown below:

Svet. Upanishad

6.7 tamiishvaraaNaaM paramaM maheshvara.n
    ta.n devataanaaM parama.n cha daivatam.h .
    patiM patiinaaM paramaM parastaad.h\-
    vidaama devaM bhuvaneshamiiDyam.h .. 7..
    ---------------------------

Subjecting Paramatma-Parameshwara to comparison is not possible.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information