Thread: Split from Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

Split from Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

Split from Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

Sarbhanga
    If the crucifixion is properly understood as an allegory of yoga samAdhi, and not simply as an unjust but politically expedient execution of a dissident preacher, then all of the above is not a correct impression of the understanding of Jesus himself. And Jesus instructed his disciples to follow his proven way to the Father, but very few have actually done that, and those who have are now counted as Saints.
    Can crusifixation be likened to Samadhi? How?

Smadhi is the ultimate bliss, union with God. On cross Jesus cried: Elisha, Elisha, why have you forsaken me? This is not Yoga with God. It is a sign of complete break down of Jesus' faith in his purported father.

It will be easier to understood as a sexual experience. Many sadists derive sexual pleasure to torturing themselves too.
    As for being cricifixation being unjust, recall that in Jews' estimate Jesus was pretender and a heretic. Death was a natural penality. Recall also what Aquinas provided for heretics: Death. And he quoted bible in his support.

Re: Split from Extrapolating Christianity--to What End?

hari o
    ~~~~~~

Namasté
    Can crusifixation be likened to Samadhi? How?
    IMHO, I do not think it as such. I see this as:
    yajña - giving up the finite for the infinte. I also see this as twice born (dvija). One gives up the finite to be reborn in the Infinite.

regarding,
    On cross Jesus cried: Elisha, Elisha, why have you forsaken me? This is not Yoga with God. It is a sign of complete break down of Jesus' faith in his purported father
    I see it differently; Jesus in his final hours quoting scripture. And what was he quoting?

Psalm 22.1
    My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

IMHO, I do not think it as such. I see this as:
    yajña - giving up the finite for the infinte. I also see this as twice born (dvija). One gives up the finite to be reborn in the Infinite.
    Neither here nor there. Was Jesus reborn? Bible does not say.
    Please do not put words into the bible.

regarding,

I see it differently; Jesus in his final hours quoting scripture. And what was he quoting?

Psalm 22.1
    My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
    Wherever he quoted from, it was still lack of faith, as he knew his end near and no rescue was coming, as he had deluded himself to believe.

You have POV, I have POV. Yours are stretched thinnnn, I base mine on bible.
    Quoting Sarabhanga: If you interpret a tail as a leg, horse would have five legs.
    Last edited by rcscwc; 05 May 2009 at 11:48 PM.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

Quote Originally Posted by rcscwc View Post
    Neither here nor there. Was Jesus reborn? Bible does not say. Please do not put words into the bible.
    Wherever he quoted from, it was still lack of faith, as he knew his end near and no rescue was coming, as he had deluded himself to believe.
    You have POV, I have POV. Yours are stretched thinnnn, I base mine on bible.
    Quoting Sarabhanga: If you interpret a tail as a leg, horse would have five legs.
    I am happy that your are so firm in your views. You see it as lack of faith , I see it as faithful. Base your views on what you think is correct.

That said,
    Anyone who says 'I am my father are one' is not lacking in faith, as there is no need for faith - it has provided its service to bring that individual to the Supreme.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information