Namaste Japmala,

You keep bringing new issues and therefore focus on the issue at hand is lost. You say that "Jagat is real" ... I am not raising this issue as it is not discussed in Bhagwad Gita. You say that "Aham BrahmAsmi" has a different meaning ... but I am not raising this issue as Bhagwad Gita neither supports nor denies this MahAvAkya. You say that MAyA of Bhagwad Gita and that of Advaita is different .... but there is no reference in Bhagwad Gita which supports this claim.

See, we can't discuss all the issues together as it is not possible. The question is not what you believe in and what I believe in and who is more "right" than the other. The question is what the Bhagwad Gita says. You are making your interpretation of Bhagwad Gita verses ... I too can fill pages after pages on Advaitic message in Bhagwad Gita ... but I have not done. You say that in every chapter you can show me pro-bhakti-yoga stance in Bhagwad Gita ... I never stated that it cannot be shown. I said that there are Advaitic teachings too in Bhagwad Gita. In Chapter 5 and 6, Lord Krishna teaches meditation on Self .... is it for the Bhakti-yogis ?

You claim that Jnana is not what the Advaitins think but it is Kshetra-Khsetrajna knowledge, Purusha-Prakriti knowledge etc. However, these are already discussed in Bhagwad Gita. If this is the Jnana Lord Krishna is talking about then why does he advises Arjuna to visit a Jnani in Chapter-4 ? What is the necessity of this advice if all the teachings are already there in Bhagwad Gita ?

Anyway, my intention was to make you focus on the verses I quoted which you have avoided or you have some other interpretation of the verses in spite of the fact that Lord Krishna says the same thing again and again (that Prakriti is the doer) in Bhagwad Gita and there is no way to interpret those verses in different ways.

I would stop the discussion here itself .... as you have taken a posture of "Bhakti Yoga is superior to Jnana Yoga" which was not required and was not not intended and you are not even admitting the meanings of verses which are so obvious.

Before departure, may I request you to assert only whatever is written in Bhagwad Gita or any other authoritative scriptures when you are claiming against Advaita as you are not aware of this path ? Can we remain respectful to each other even while having different views ? You have your own interpretation and I have my own ... we both are true seekers of the Truth. I don't say that you are wrong but why do you think that I am wrong ?

I quit here.

OM